A Spirited 15 Rounds ...

Cesar R M

Just saw Ready Player One. Nolan reminds me of Bob Iger
Good to know I'm not the only one.

Other examples of corporations killing the idea for pure money.. is Electronic Art's CEO, Activision's a and Ubisoft as well.

The darn movie was a gigantic nerdgasm for me. Loved every single minute of it.
The final fight with all the references gave smiles and wow laughs from a ton of adults in the cinema I was.

FigmentForver96

Out of curiosity, does anyone know if there are any Roseanne ads around DHS or any other part of the resort?

Hard to see how there won't be some blowback from TWDC hooking up with a delusional conspiracy nut who continues to push her fringe conspiracies the same day ABC renews her show for another season.

Good look, Iger.
The show had a HUGE opening for its debut with 18.2 million viewers. Whatever your views are, and I'm not going to get political here, people liked it and wanted to watch it. They're not going to remove something people are tuning in to see.

Kman101

Perhaps Disney Parks™ aren’t for me, but folks need to be capable of critical thinking. If you knew what WDI really spent on Pandora, you’d know they had enough money, in theory, to do a Pandora E Ticket and pad out the rest of the park with the attractions it needs. A similar case with Galaxy’s Edge, a billion dollar land UNI could do for half that, as the clearly inferior TSL goes up alongside it without more net capacity added. Iger and Chapek may have recently opened the wallet, but his blind alligience to Brands/Franchises over the theme model and WDI’s utter failure to build on a budget and actually design consistent, quality work suggests we’re still in the dark ages, not unlike the Pressler years.

I want Disney theme parks, not Disney Parks™. They will come back one day, I’m a long term optimist on this one. :)

You do you. No need to suggest the rest of us don't think. Thanks.

Kman101

Maybe, honestly I don't really care. I watched it and liked it...thought it was funny. I enjoyed it for what it was, laughed and moved on with life. People need to get a grip on reality and realize if they don't like something to just move on.

Exactly. I don't understand dwelling on what you don't like in life so much.

Kman101

Or is that just what they want you to think?

No. But you're the expert on everything.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know if there are any Roseanne ads around DHS or any other part of the resort?

Hard to see how there won't be some blowback from TWDC hooking up with a delusional conspiracy nut who continues to push her fringe conspiracies the same day ABC renews her show for another season.

Good look, Iger.

Some people can look past her ignorant statements and enjoy the show for what it is. Many did and will continue to do so. The show was renewed. Roseanne's behavior isn't exactly new. ABC knew what they were getting into.

The reruns also continue to do well in the ratings. I don't agree or like what she says but it didn't stop me from enjoying the show, and many did. Many won't. It doesn't matter.

Last edited:

Kman101

Good look, Iger.

Some people can look past her ignorant statements and enjoy the show for what it is. Many did and will continue to do so. The show was renewed. Roseanne's behavior isn't exactly new. ABC knew what they were getting into.

The reruns also continue to do well in the ratings. I don't agree or like what she says but it didn't stop me from enjoying the show, and many did. Many won't. It doesn't matter.

Cosmic Commando

Nope Disney content from the era B.I. (Before Iger) bad, Purchased for too much money IP by Iger AWESOME.
You can say a lot of things about Marvel and Lucasfilm, but they were absolute steals. Pixar was probably still worth it, but not as great of a deal as the other two. You'd be a fool or a troll to say otherwise. But look at who I'm talking to. :hilarious:

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
You can say a lot of things about Marvel and Lucasfilm, but they were absolute steals. Pixar was probably still worth it, but not as great of a deal as the other two. You'd be a fool or a troll to say otherwise. But look at who I'm talking to. :hilarious:

At the time NOBODY wanted Marvel, Iger could have bought Marvel with a used Pinto and a gas card. 500-600 million was a reasonable price.

Star Wars was a decent pickup at a fair price.

But what I'm talking about is blowing a half billion on Maker Studios and Pewdiepie and all the similar boneheaded content deals Iger has done of late

the.dreamfinder

At the time NOBODY wanted Marvel, Iger could have bought Marvel with a used Pinto and a gas card. 500-600 million was a reasonable price.

Star Wars was a decent pickup at a fair price.

But what I'm talking about is blowing a half billion on Maker Studios and Pewdiepie and all the similar boneheaded content deals Iger has done of late
BS, Iron Man made a whole bunch of money and they were going to be able to do the Avengers, which wasn’t guaranteed when IM was made.

Last edited:

Bairstow

Good to know I'm not the only one.

Other examples of corporations killing the idea for pure money.. is Electronic Art's CEO, Activision's a and Ubisoft as well.

The darn movie was a gigantic nerdgasm for me. Loved every single minute of it.
The final fight with all the references gave smiles and wow laughs from a ton of adults in the cinema I was.

Ironically, when EA's microtransaction scandal over the new Star Wars game was reaching critical mass last fall, it was Disney who stepped in and told them to cut that crap out or the deal would be off.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom