A Sad Sad Day At Epcot

speck76

Re: ?

Originally posted by safetybar
Just moved to Orlando from L.A. two days ago. Let me get this straight....there are NO MORE 32oz beers in Epcot at all? NONE!?

Welcome to Orlando!

Yesterday, the largest I saw was 20oz.

chotasahib

(1) Uh-oh, sounds like safetybar might be regretting the move now, based on this news!

(2) @#$^*&!!! We're coming in less than a week, and one priority seating I made was for lunch at Akershus, partly based on all the good reports I've heard of Ringnes! I've never had it. Bother.

(3) As for your question, blackride--
The beer is part of the culture so I say leave it. Beer is NOT evil. Why do people think that beer is evil and kids should not see it?
For a fantastic read on precisely this thesis, I recommend Drink: a social history of America, by Andrew Barr. It explores America's unhealthy relationship with alcohol--that we tend to fall into extreme attitudes of abuse on the one hand and prudish teetotaling on the other, with little middle ground. The author (a Brit) gets a little condescending at times, but if you can ignore that, it's a thought-provoking book.

(4) Have any of you beer-loving WDWers ever gone to a pub in Orlando called the Cricketer's Arms? Saw their website the other day. I plan to take a few "downtime" breaks there during our two-week vacation, because (a) they have Fullers London Pride and ESB, Boddington's, and Old Speckled Hen on tap, and (b) they'll be showing all of the Euro Champs '04 games in Portugal, woohooo! If you're a fan of the beautiful game, come join me there on 6/13 for England v. France (I think at 2:30ish pm).

jeffs10

that really stinks that becks is gone one of my favorite parts about epcot was going to eat at germany and haveing a couple of 32 oz becks.

Does anyone know if the 1/2 yards are gone? I hope not i going again in sept and hope they are still around.

And ringers is also gone what happening there why change this.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Don't get out much

Originally posted by WDWcouple
Have you seen the prices for alcohol at these parks??? You would have to be a Rockefeller to get drunk inside of Epcot. I think it is a good idea not to sell alcohol inside of Magic Kingdom; I would even say that its not a good idea to sell beer inside of Future World; but the world showcase I think we can all agree is populated by a majority of adults. Most of which are responsible I would think. I have never seen a problem with someone getting out of control becuase of alcohol in all of my times in Epoct (too many to count) I think that each country's Beer and Wine selection brings a chance to further expirence the flavors of that part of the world.. I agree that the CMs should be able to make judgement calls if someone appears to be over their limit, but to stop the sale of beer and wine outside of the resturants would take a pice of the expirence away from those of us that can control ourselvs and remember where we are.

Beer is no more than ball parks, many clubs etc.

jeffs10

Originally posted by speck76
The 1/2 yards are still available

thats great at least i have this to look forward to. Beer prices are average comparted to any venue (concert, sports, clubs etc.) I just make sure i budget more money for my drinks.

aimster

Originally posted by chotasahib

(4) Have any of you beer-loving WDWers ever gone to a pub in Orlando called the Cricketer's Arms? Saw their website the other day. I

I went there once last year. Had to check the website to make sure it was the same place I was thinking of. It's in the Mercado shopping center (which is practically dead except for a few shops). The Hard Rock Vault (which is pretty cool) is out front. Anyhow, Cricketer's Arms is a decent pub. Kind of dark inside, but that's typical. They do have a decent selection of beers and from what I heard the food isn't too bad either.

Originally posted by thebig2
Just to let all fo you know, Moosehead and Molson Golden are the stuff we send elsewhere in the world because it isn't suitable for Canadian consumption. It is bad, and Beck's being gone is great, it smells and tastes like a Skunk. I think they should replace all beer taps and kegs around the world and just have Guinness. Either that or Labatt's 50. hahahahahaha. I didn't even know they still sold Golden anywhere in the world, I don' tknow one single Canadian who would dare tough that stuff. Bad image of Canadian beer. EH!!!!!!

What about molson export??? Ya know...the red label:D

JBSLJames

Yeah, I felt the same way when my Beloved Cincinnati Reds started serving that pig slop pepsi instead of the Nectar of the Gods - Coke. Oh well, at least PKI still has Coke.

On the beer note, tried the Johnsonvilles brats boiled in Labatts and onion then grilled over a hot flame yesterday - YUM.

Some Blue left over to wash it all down too.

:slurp: :slurp:

nfeagle5

This thread may be about beer but it is the "magic" of WDW they are discussing......maybe

:lol: :hammer: :brick: :veryconfu

mrtoad

Originally posted by Sherm00
actually besides sit down resturants i wish they would stop selling all alchaol at the parks and stands. it's not a good example for the kids. alot of people drink then go get in therecars and drive, on or off property. I know I am probubly the minority but beer and alchaol should be at sit down resturants where it can be regulated better or out of the parks and into the clubs where you would expect it.

Not sure if anyone remembers but back in the mid 90s we went to Epcot and there was a red truck that I believe was suppose to represent Jamica. It drove around world showcase and had a band playing reggae on the top. They would stop in different areas and try to get people to dance. Here is where it got interesting. It would open up on the side like an ice cream truck and sell not just beer but mixed drinks. Kind of like the Good Humor man for adults...

lebernadin

Originally posted by mrtoad
Not sure if anyone remembers but back in the mid 90s we went to Epcot and there was a red truck that I believe was suppose to represent Jamica. It drove around world showcase and had a band playing reggae on the top. They would stop in different areas and try to get people to dance. Here is where it got interesting. It would open up on the side like an ice cream truck and sell not just beer but mixed drinks. Kind of like the Good Humor man for adults...

Hmmm i don't recall the selling of alcohol out of it, but it was called the Junkanoo(sp?) bus and had a band that would play on top of it and then would park at Towers Plaza and the lead singer would come down and try and get all the kids to dance with her.

mrtoad

Originally posted by lebernadin
Hmmm i don't recall the selling of alcohol out of it, but it was called the Junkanoo(sp?) bus and had a band that would play on top of it and then would park at Towers Plaza and the lead singer would come down and try and get all the kids to dance with her.

I only saw it the one time and they definitly had a bar on the side. Being my wife and I were without kids at the time we were tempted. The thing that really stopped us was it was too hot for drinks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom