A little sad at how things are

Wilt Dasney

I don't really have a problem with this site, except for that weird smell in the guys bathroom.

It's been there a few weeks now, and it kind of reminds me of dried ketchup and warm beer. :hurl:

Maybe somebody could look into that. :shrug:

Shaman

I don't really have a problem with this site, except for that weird smell in the guys bathroom.

It's been there a few weeks now, and it kind of reminds me of dried ketchup and warm beer. :hurl:

Maybe somebody could look into that. :shrug:

Blame the dudes in the PML....

Computer Magic

Erika, Marcia and Beth dont get anywhere near the thanks they deserve for all the things they do.
I just came in here to thank, Erika, Marcia and Beth. I would include they are HOTT as well, but don't want to push my luck. :lol:

Oh, I'm also here to show off my post count as post count size does matter :lookaroun I really need to work on 10,000. I have been stuck in the 9,500 range for a long time and I don't even get post count credit for posting here

Shaman

I just came in here to thank, Erika, Marcia and Beth. I would include they are HOTT as well, but don't want to push my luck. :lol:

Oh, I'm also here to show off my post count as post count size does matter :lookaroun

Mine is bigger than yours. :p

I agree. I think the mods do a good job dealing with this stuff. I think its hard to juggle your "real world" responsibilities with running a website...the powers that be are pros...

Nemo14

I have to agree that the moderators here do a fantastic job. I've reported posts and threads that have been inappropriate and I'm always amazed at how fast things are handled here. Thanks Marcia, Erika, and Beth and especially Steve for all you do!

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Thrawn was a charmer compared to some vile people here these days.

eek2.gif

Dont get me wrong...I kinda liked ol' Thrawn....but...

010506simmons.jpg
Damn!

...I cant believe I just read that.

Computer Magic

Mine is bigger than yours. :p

I agree. I think the mods do a good job dealing with this stuff. I think its hard to juggle your "real world" responsibilities with running a website...the powers that be are pros...
as if you know what it's like to run a website :rolleyes: Until you walk in their shoes, you have no idea :lookaroun

However, I hear you do fall into the HOTT catagory ....so says Reg

:p

Computer Magic

and since the can of worms is open.....I'll tell you what is really sad.

Going to Magic thinking you are going to meet someone from the boards and they ditch you :cry: :lookaroun

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
You're post may be long (not really)... but it's also VERY accurate. It's a shame this forum (and other online communities) has fallen prey to those who denigrate everything... from new rides to announcements to even marketing campaigns and employees / executives. Nothing is out of bounds for their complaints and attacks. They are a very vocal and also very small group. Their views do not align with the majority of guests nor do they often align with what's best for Disney from a business standpoint... only what they personally want for themselves.

Unfortunately, they have ingrained themselves into this and other forums online and many new fans or prospective guests have to wade through their negative posts and their pessimism to find helpful information. Maybe your thread will help bring back some of the optimism and helpful posts that used to be the norm for this forum. We can always hope!

I also agree wholeheartedly about enjoying the magic of seeing Disney through your kid's eyes. There's nothing more magical!

That one line probably says it all. Like everywhere else in life (real life) there always seem to be a few that sour things. Ya just have to ignore them, recognize them as a paltry few crying for attention and enjoy the majority.

Stick around, these types of things tend to go in waves...a lot of hostility and arrogance, then some overstep the boundaries get banned and it settles for a while. There also tend to be a handful of topics that are sure to bring out the worst. Some of us old timers recognize that and start taking bets on how long it will take to get ugly, flame out and be locked. Just stick with those you know and like and it will become more the exception than the rule.

It's like those that can make one event "ruin" a (Disney) vacation, and most others that always have a great time.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
I totally agree. I can't tell you how many times i was called names and made fun of for every comment. I'm not saying it's everyone on here, there are plenty of nice people, just a few rotten apples. I think it's time the staff and woners did their jobs and have a little control over this site. I even remember an anti-America posting that stayed up for hours on here without anything being done. I wonder if there even is a staff on this site! I have seen people post things that aren't suitable for children. I think there should be like a star system on this site, where if you get three points for misconduct (not just talking about cursing) you're off. I'm waiting staff of WDWmagic!

There is a very diligent staff here that tries to do just what you are suggesting. If everyone was banned that made one mistake or was misunderstood, that wouldn't work either. If you are concerned about a particular post, use the icon in the upper right and report it, it will be looked at. It seems your comments on the site and it's mods is on the intolerant, angry side that is being discussed in this thread. Lead by example.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom