A dry drained Splash Mountain

TheDisneyMagic

Thanks for the update, Splash done pretty well this year, there was only a couple of occasions throughout the year where there was many broken effects, most of the year pretty much everything was A-OK.

bgraham34

That still amazes me when they take all the water out. I wonder if it still has that smell when it first opens back up?

Hoop Raeb

Formerly known as...
On our Backstage Magic tour they showed us the water holding tank for Splash. Its an impressive concrete structure. Also, Splash's water is completely seperate from any other used on park property. Pumped, filtered and held. So it should retain the smell. :) Athough that's probably more mold than anything.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Thanks for the update, Splash done pretty well this year, there was only a couple of occasions throughout the year where there was many broken effects, most of the year pretty much everything was A-OK.
Hopping Brer' Rabbit was dead all July for our trip - and the one EMH night we skipped the ride I found out he was working. Typical.

Tom

Beta Return
It was very depressing to see in person too!

Our trip started on the 2nd, and we didn't plan to ride anything until the 5th due to the NY crowds still being in town - but we took advantage of morning EMH just to ride SMa few times before it went down on the 4th.

We saw the flume the morning after it was drained. There were several hats and other unidentifiable items in the flume as it passed under the bridge.

It's also surreal just to see the briar patch with steel "briars" bolted to the concrete and a bunch of logs sitting on their wheels.

WDW1974

Does anyone think they'll fix the AAs, paint, remove the gum splotches ... oh, and actually clean the logs so they don't reek of BO mxied with mold?

Nah. Me neither.

Steamboat_Kevin

Are they gonna keep refurbing Splash Mountain every year at this time? It's been closed for the past two years that I've gone... :( At this rate I'll never ride it again!

Tom

Beta Return
Does anyone think they'll fix the AAs, paint, remove the gum splotches ... oh, and actually clean the logs so they don't reek of BO mxied with mold?

Nah. Me neither.

They MIGHT get rid of the gum. When we were there, they were busy power-washing the entire mountain, from what we could tell. They were getting into every nook and cranny.

They also had some scaffolding contraption set up at the top of the main lift, which was either for washing or perhaps painting.

**Crosses Fingers**

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom