A dry drained Splash Mountain

Rob562

They also had some scaffolding contraption set up at the top of the main lift, which was either for washing or perhaps painting.

Probably doing work on the lift hill mechanisms. May have also been railing for the safety of workers at the top of that hill.

-Rob

WDW1974

I'd rather see them close the thing for a few months and get the AAs and effects all working ... and clean those filthy ride vehicles myself.

Oh, I forgot, that might hurt Phil Holmes' numbers.

RSoxNo1

I noticed an extension in the length of the wooden wall next to the second lift hill by the briar patch. Was this wall extended at all recently?

zao

I don't know if it was suppose to reopen today. But I figured wednesday this week would be a great time for me to go down there since it's midweek right after a holiday weekend, high of 53 low of 30. I hope splash mt. is open and of course I would bring my ponchos.

Rob562

I noticed an extension in the length of the wooden wall next to the second lift hill by the briar patch. Was this wall extended at all recently?

It was added a few years ago, unless they extended it further this refurb. I think it's a little intrusive because it's so close to the log when everything else on the ride is so open and visible, but it was probably a necessary evil.
My guess is that the "splashes" from the main drop were going over that way and hitting something they didn't want it to. (The hold point before the finale after the main drop is down below in that general area...)

-Rob

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
It was added a few years ago, unless they extended it further this refurb. I think it's a little intrusive because it's so close to the log when everything else on the ride is so open and visible, but it was probably a necessary evil.
My guess is that the "splashes" from the main drop were going over that way and hitting something they didn't want it to. (The hold point before the finale after the main drop is down below in that general area...)

-Rob

It was added during that time when all those crazy people were hopping out of the logs. They would see the impending water hitting them, or the lift hill, and then decide it would be a good idea to get out.

hansel1

Are they gonna keep refurbing Splash Mountain every year at this time? It's been closed for the past two years that I've gone... :( At this rate I'll never ride it again!

This is the 3rd year in a row that the SM refurb has been in January. We decided to go in October last year so we could ride it and go to MNSSHP.

For 2009 we are opting for may instead of our annual january trip. Cons- having to wait till may. Pros- not many refurbs that time of year.

p.s. the drained SM is not a rare sight to january park goers.

zao

Does anyone know if it is in fact back open? Im thinking about going tomorrow and it is a big a factor in my decision. I also seen a thread mentioning spacemountain track replacement, this is something in the works right? it is still running as of now? Thanks! :)

disneydata

Does anyone know if it is in fact back open? Im thinking about going tomorrow and it is a big a factor in my decision. I also seen a thread mentioning spacemountain track replacement, this is something in the works right? it is still running as of now? Thanks! :)
It's open.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom