A Dreamy Kind of Vacation!! Topped off by 4 Parks in One Day!

Wow, wow, wow. It was just amazing. I love cruises, this was my 6th, and this ship did not disappoint!!:sohappy:

What: This was a Disney Dream preview cruise. Earmarked agencies like Kingdom Konsultants were able to attend. This was the cruise before the maiden voyage. Pam was awesome and took as many agents as she could.

Who: This ended up being another girl’s cruise! My hubby’s base is preparing for a large inspection so he knew he couldn’t get away. I just took the kids out of school in October for a week at WDW, so they were out! Girl's cruise!

Here’s me, travel agent forced to go to Disney and take Disney cruises as often as possible. Now a preview cruise on the Dream? Man this job just keeps getting harder.:lol::

DisneyDream438_filtered.jpg

My sister. See the resemblance?

DisneyDream120_filtered.jpg

My mom. She’s been on a few of my cruises and did not want to miss this one!

DisneyDream439_filtered.jpg

My dear friend Misty. She is a Disney fanatic. Has been as long as I’ve known her. When I called and asked her to go, she was literally screaming into the phone! Now that's the kind of reaction I like!

DisneyDream436_filtered.jpg

Last but certainly not least, several of the Kingdom Konsultants were on this cruise, so here we are! Not a great picture, but it's a funny story that will be told later in the trip report. :lookaroun From left to right here's Marie, Richard, Pam, Me and Jenell:

DisneyDream510_filtered.jpg

After Christmas ended, I felt like I was finally able to get excited for this trip. The first thing I did after all my out of town company left was get out my suitcase!! :sohappy: The next thing I did was look at our flight times again. As it was, I was the last to arrive. I can’t stand that!! My sister and mom would be calling me from Disney and torturing me while I was still in transit! I decided to call United and see what they could do about that. Well what do you know, they had an earlier flight they could switch me to! I was getting there 30 minutes after the first person to arrive, my sister. I wasn’t even going to let her leave the airport without me!

It's going to take a few days to process all of my pics so this report may take a while! Here's a sneak preview though. This is a video of our first trip down the Aqua Duck! You have a lovely view of my toes in this video. I don't know if this will work or not. If no one can start the video let me know:

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
I followed you over from another board to look at your Animal Kingdom TR (which was amazing too) and I found this one:sohappy: your pictures are so good, can't wait till March when we get to check out the Dream in person.

Thank you for sharing.

Welcome to wdwmagic Mkmommy!! Thanks for reading!:)

Ariel484

I keep showing my anti-cruise husband your photos, but he's just not biting...:cry: Sad day. Still loving your report!

disneygirl1

So cool! We all need one of those handwashers!:lol:

I didn't pay too much attention to the kids activities in the Navigators this time, but here's a few things I know. Crush swims by the big screens to interact with the kids. Later when you see him in the dining room at Animators Palate he tries to recognize kids he saw that day. The play floors have a ton of different games on them. They have time do learn to draw animation, there's cookie baking, they make flubber, etc. Theres's a ton of activities to choose from.

There is a poster on another board who designs the ears. I have asked him for permission to make them for all my clients and I send them a different one based on who's cruising and what kind of cruise.:)

Oh My Son is going to love the kids clubs, geeze I am beginning to wonder if I will see him at all during this vacation!

Can't wait to cruise the Dream!

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
Monday, January 24th – Nassau

I woke up early for our session. I didn’t want to wake everyone up so I got ready in the dark! I had breakfast with the other KK agents and we headed to our session.

The rest of my cabin took a water taxi to Atlantis. It was really too chilly to swim so they just walked around. Then they came back to the dock and walked around the straw market.

After our session Jenell and I toured some other stateroom categories.

Here’s one of the suites:

IMG_8548_filtered.jpg

IMG_8549_filtered.jpg

Check out this bathroom!

IMG_8550_filtered.jpg

IMG_8551_filtered.jpg

Large verandah:

IMG_8553_filtered.jpg

IMG_8555_filtered.jpg

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
Here’s the amazing Roy Disney Suite:

IMG_8556_filtered.jpg

IMG_8557_filtered.jpg

IMG_8559_filtered.jpg

IMG_8561_filtered.jpg

IMG_8562_filtered.jpg

IMG_8563_filtered.jpg

Here’s their view from bed:

IMG_8565_filtered.jpg

The ceiling:

IMG_8567_filtered.jpg

A chair to enjoy the view:

IMG_8569_filtered.jpg

They also had their own giant deck and hot tub. They were working on it when we went by so I couldn’t take pictures. Master Yoda has some great ones in his trip report.

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
Here’s an oceanview room that sleeps 5. See the extra fold down bed next to the porthole? Also check out the size of the portholes now! They take up the whole wall! Awesome!!

IMG_8571_filtered.jpg

Round bathtub:

IMG_8575_filtered.jpg

And here one of the best innovations on the Dream and Fantasy, the inside stateroom with virtual porthole. There was a live view of Nassau in that porthole. It didn’t even feel like an inside room:

IMG_8576_filtered.jpg

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
We went to lunch at Cabanas and I used my wave phone to find the girls.

IMG_8581_filtered.jpg

Cloudy day in Nassau today:

IMG_8579.jpg

IMG_8580.jpg

We decided to try out the AquaDuck before we went to hear Ridley Pearson talk. We changed into our swimsuits and cover ups and ran into Master Yoda in the hall. He told us the autograph session had changed, it was right then. Shoot!!

We went upstairs and checked to see if it was okay that we were all in swimsuits and cover ups. They said it was no problem but I still felt bad.

No pictures with Ridley Pearson because of the above reasons!

Ridley was very interesting. He gave us a lot of insight into how he and Dave Barry collaborated on Peter and the Starcatchers. I love those books!

The fourth Kingdom Keepers book is coming out in a couple of months. He pointed out that he was on a cruise so that should be a big hint as to where the fifth book is going to be.

He very kindly autographed several books for us and then we were off to the AquaDuck!

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
As you can tell from the video on the first page of the trip report, we loved it!

It was a little chilly and even though the water on the AquaDuck was heated, it still felt cold!

I have since learned that you can’t take cameras on the AquaDuck but I didn’t know that and no one said anything. They definitely saw me taking pictures all over! Sorry about that!

Here’s the entrance:

Dream005.jpg

The view back down the steps:

Dream009.jpg

Some views from the steps:

Dream011.jpg

Dream008.jpg

Dream006.jpg

Cute little footprints:

Dream013.jpg

Inside the stack:

Dream014.jpg

There goes Mom and my sister:

Dream015.jpg

Master Yoda and his lovely wife were about 10 people ahead of us in line. When we got off the ride shaking and freezing, we had the nicest surprise!! They were standing there waiting for us with dry towels!!

Best. Surprise. Ever.

Thank you again Master Yoda!!:D

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
We went right to the hot tub to warm up!! Check out the view below:

Dream022.jpg

While everyone else went to shower I ran up to Outlook to try to get a picture for a client and wdwmagic poster (Hi Kimmy!!). She’s getting married on Castaway Cay in May and the reception is in Outlook. Unfortunately it was closed off because some radio stations were broadcasting in there. Shoot! I took a picture of the picture outside if that helps at all!:lookaroun

IMG_8583_filtered.jpg

We got dressed for pirate night and hung out on the verandah and checked out the other cruise ships for a while.

IMG_8586.jpg

We went to find pirate Mickey but we missed him. Minnie was there though!

DisneyDream435_filtered.jpg

We ran into Peter on the way into the show:

IMG_8603_filtered.jpg

The show was Villians tonight. I’ve seen it before, I always enjoyed it. Hades cracked some travel agent jokes for our benefit.

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
Dinner was in Enchanted Garden tonight. This was outside the restaurant:

IMG_8634_filtered.jpg

Our waiters were so much better! Here’s our menu:

IMG_8637_filtered.jpg

I actually remembered to take pictures of our food tonight!!

IMG_8643_filtered.jpg

IMG_8641_filtered.jpg

IMG_8640_filtered.jpg

IMG_8639_filtered.jpg

Here’s my always favorite dessert. Cruising tip – you can always order Mickey bars in any of the three main restaurants even though they’re not on the adult menu. You can also order them from room service even though they aren’t on the menu.

IMG_8644_filtered.jpg

We caught some of the pirate show on deck after that. I confess, we spent so much time putting on warm clothes in the room that we missed the fireworks!!

We didn’t miss the buffet though! They moved the buffet indoors to Cabanas which I enjoyed so much more.

IMG_8647_filtered.jpg

We were too stuffed to eat much but we took some desserts back to the room.

IMG_8650_filtered.jpg

It was so cool to see our picture on our stateroom TV!

IMG_8610.jpg

Bedtime! Tomorrow is Castaway Cay!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom