A Dreamy Kind of Vacation!! Topped off by 4 Parks in One Day!

Wow, wow, wow. It was just amazing. I love cruises, this was my 6th, and this ship did not disappoint!!:sohappy:

What: This was a Disney Dream preview cruise. Earmarked agencies like Kingdom Konsultants were able to attend. This was the cruise before the maiden voyage. Pam was awesome and took as many agents as she could.

Who: This ended up being another girl’s cruise! My hubby’s base is preparing for a large inspection so he knew he couldn’t get away. I just took the kids out of school in October for a week at WDW, so they were out! Girl's cruise!

Here’s me, travel agent forced to go to Disney and take Disney cruises as often as possible. Now a preview cruise on the Dream? Man this job just keeps getting harder.:lol::

DisneyDream438_filtered.jpg

My sister. See the resemblance?

DisneyDream120_filtered.jpg

My mom. She’s been on a few of my cruises and did not want to miss this one!

DisneyDream439_filtered.jpg

My dear friend Misty. She is a Disney fanatic. Has been as long as I’ve known her. When I called and asked her to go, she was literally screaming into the phone! Now that's the kind of reaction I like!

DisneyDream436_filtered.jpg

Last but certainly not least, several of the Kingdom Konsultants were on this cruise, so here we are! Not a great picture, but it's a funny story that will be told later in the trip report. :lookaroun From left to right here's Marie, Richard, Pam, Me and Jenell:

DisneyDream510_filtered.jpg

After Christmas ended, I felt like I was finally able to get excited for this trip. The first thing I did after all my out of town company left was get out my suitcase!! :sohappy: The next thing I did was look at our flight times again. As it was, I was the last to arrive. I can’t stand that!! My sister and mom would be calling me from Disney and torturing me while I was still in transit! I decided to call United and see what they could do about that. Well what do you know, they had an earlier flight they could switch me to! I was getting there 30 minutes after the first person to arrive, my sister. I wasn’t even going to let her leave the airport without me!

It's going to take a few days to process all of my pics so this report may take a while! Here's a sneak preview though. This is a video of our first trip down the Aqua Duck! You have a lovely view of my toes in this video. I don't know if this will work or not. If no one can start the video let me know:

Ariel484

Great report, as usual! Thanks for posting!

Those nighttime cruise pictures and lion pictures are really great. And 4 parks in 8 hours...wow. Very impressive! :sohappy:

Followed the whole report and loved every picture!! The Dream looks so amazing! I am hoping it is some of these pictures that will help me convince my finance that our honeymoon cruise needs to be a Disney cruise!!!

Thanks again! :wave:

Oh and I am happy to see Flat Stanley in your report. I just finished up Student Teaching for my teaching certification here in FL and my first grade class did a whole unit on Flat Stanley. When I went to WDW in December I took a ton of pics with him to send back to the class and they loved them! (CM's love posing for pics with Flat Stanley too by the way!)

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
Followed the whole report and loved every picture!! The Dream looks so amazing! I am hoping it is some of these pictures that will help me convince my finance that our honeymoon cruise needs to be a Disney cruise!!!

Thanks again! :wave:

Oh and I am happy to see Flat Stanley in your report. I just finished up Student Teaching for my teaching certification here in FL and my first grade class did a whole unit on Flat Stanley. When I went to WDW in December I took a ton of pics with him to send back to the class and they loved them! (CM's love posing for pics with Flat Stanley too by the way!)

Thanks for reading!! I hope you can convince him too!

I have not been a great host to Flat Stanley but hey, he got to go the Bahamas!!

disneygirl1

Such a great report and sad it is over... But on the bright side you got us so pumped for our 1st cruise on the Dream! Thanks Tammy! :wave:

hbaker

Tammy,

Incredible report and even more incredible pictures. I have had myself convinced that I would never do a cruise (not fond of thinking about not being able to see land or having dreaded sea sickness), but after this now I have doubts. It looks amazing. Might wait a few years though as our youngest daughter is only 3, but I think the older daughters (11 & 13) would love it. Thanks for the great report.

Heather

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
Tammy,

Incredible report and even more incredible pictures. I have had myself convinced that I would never do a cruise (not fond of thinking about not being able to see land or having dreaded sea sickness), but after this now I have doubts. It looks amazing. Might wait a few years though as our youngest daughter is only 3, but I think the older daughters (11 & 13) would love it. Thanks for the great report.

Heather

Thanks, Heather! Our first cruise was the only time I ever experienced that "Yikes, where's the land!" feeling. The ships are so huge you don't feel like you're in danger or anything. It's more of a weird feeling if that makes sense.

I take non drowsy Dramamine every morning for a preventative measure. I generally feel great. There have been two times where we hit huge waves and I just had to lie down until we got to calmer seas a couple of hours later. Other than those extreme circumstances, Dramamine works like a charm for me!:)

WishIWasAtWDW

great report tammy!! i have been mia from the boards for a little bit and i was super excited to see your trip report was up! looks like you all had an amazing time! and the disney dream looks unbelievable!!! can't wait for my honeymoon trip on the dream in october!! :D and props to you all for going to all 4 parks in one day AND using disney transportation to do it!! that is very impressive!! :D

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
great report tammy!! i have been mia from the boards for a little bit and i was super excited to see your trip report was up! looks like you all had an amazing time! and the disney dream looks unbelievable!!! can't wait for my honeymoon trip on the dream in october!! :D and props to you all for going to all 4 parks in one day AND using disney transportation to do it!! that is very impressive!! :D

Yay, I'm glad you liked it! It is unbelievable and you're going to love it!!

I am super impressed with us too! I thought Disney transportation was going to kill us, but it was smooth as silk!:)

popsicletrees

Tammy - the ship, it's beautiful, amazing, and where do I sign up? Wow, I would really love to do another cruise, and that ship is just too darn pretty to not want to go on it. Jordan and I were looking through the pictures you posted. When you said that you would never see your teenager because of the awesome teen center offered, I told him that I would never see him. That would be paradise for him having his own little pod to play xbox in. Of course he would have to convince them that he's 17. :lol:

I keep talking about wanting to do a Disney cruise, and your trips are just making it so much harder to hold out a little while longer. I loved the report, and I am really impressed that you were able to take in all 4 parks in just 8 hours! Thanks for sharing it all!

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
Tammy - the ship, it's beautiful, amazing, and where do I sign up? Wow, I would really love to do another cruise, and that ship is just too darn pretty to not want to go on it. Jordan and I were looking through the pictures you posted. When you said that you would never see your teenager because of the awesome teen center offered, I told him that I would never see him. That would be paradise for him having his own little pod to play xbox in. Of course he would have to convince them that he's 17. :lol:

I keep talking about wanting to do a Disney cruise, and your trips are just making it so much harder to hold out a little while longer. I loved the report, and I am really impressed that you were able to take in all 4 parks in just 8 hours! Thanks for sharing it all!

Thank you for reading it all, Rachel!! You would love it too! Especially since you already know you like cruises!

Tell Jordan most men would be in heaven in those little pods. I know Richard wanted to stay there!:lol:

You'll have to try one soon!:)

popsicletrees

Thank you for reading it all, Rachel!! You would love it too! Especially since you already know you like cruises!

Tell Jordan most men would be in heaven in those little pods. I know Richard wanted to stay there!:lol:

You'll have to try one soon!:)

I know! Hopefully once everything settles down with school for Jordan and me we will be able to plan more trips. My sister has already mentioned taking a cruise on the Dream in September, and my parents are talking about an Alaskan cruise (which I would love to gon on Disney's). So, I'll need to have them contact you if they decide to go.

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
I know! Hopefully once everything settles down with school for Jordan and me we will be able to plan more trips. My sister has already mentioned taking a cruise on the Dream in September, and my parents are talking about an Alaskan cruise (which I would love to gon on Disney's). So, I'll need to have them contact you if they decide to go.

Excellent!:) I'll be on that Alaska cruise in May so I'll try it out!:sohappy:

stillgoofy

Awesome trip report Tammy, thanks for all the great info. Loved all the pictures, especially Castaway Cay (warm weather paradise). I won't need any convincing to take a cruise as we'll be taking our first cruise ever in November on the Dream (thanks!). Living through others trip reports is the only way I can make until then though. You really covered the whole ship well with all your wonderful pictures. I loved the Aqua Duck video. Too bad they nixed the cameras because I wanted to do the same thing. Also, loved the story about the blind photographer. Every trip has it's own adventures :). And I can't believe you did all 4 parks in 8 hours (very impressive).

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
Awesome trip report Tammy, thanks for all the great info. Loved all the pictures, especially Castaway Cay (warm weather paradise). I won't need any convincing to take a cruise as we'll be taking our first cruise ever in November on the Dream (thanks!). Living through others trip reports is the only way I can make until then though. You really covered the whole ship well with all your wonderful pictures. I loved the Aqua Duck video. Too bad they nixed the cameras because I wanted to do the same thing. Also, loved the story about the blind photographer. Every trip has it's own adventures :). And I can't believe you did all 4 parks in 8 hours (very impressive).

Thanks for reading all of that, Kris!! You're going to have so much fun!!:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom