A Dreamy Kind of Vacation!! Topped off by 4 Parks in One Day!

Wow, wow, wow. It was just amazing. I love cruises, this was my 6th, and this ship did not disappoint!!:sohappy:

What: This was a Disney Dream preview cruise. Earmarked agencies like Kingdom Konsultants were able to attend. This was the cruise before the maiden voyage. Pam was awesome and took as many agents as she could.

Who: This ended up being another girl’s cruise! My hubby’s base is preparing for a large inspection so he knew he couldn’t get away. I just took the kids out of school in October for a week at WDW, so they were out! Girl's cruise!

Here’s me, travel agent forced to go to Disney and take Disney cruises as often as possible. Now a preview cruise on the Dream? Man this job just keeps getting harder.:lol::

DisneyDream438_filtered.jpg

My sister. See the resemblance?

DisneyDream120_filtered.jpg

My mom. She’s been on a few of my cruises and did not want to miss this one!

DisneyDream439_filtered.jpg

My dear friend Misty. She is a Disney fanatic. Has been as long as I’ve known her. When I called and asked her to go, she was literally screaming into the phone! Now that's the kind of reaction I like!

DisneyDream436_filtered.jpg

Last but certainly not least, several of the Kingdom Konsultants were on this cruise, so here we are! Not a great picture, but it's a funny story that will be told later in the trip report. :lookaroun From left to right here's Marie, Richard, Pam, Me and Jenell:

DisneyDream510_filtered.jpg

After Christmas ended, I felt like I was finally able to get excited for this trip. The first thing I did after all my out of town company left was get out my suitcase!! :sohappy: The next thing I did was look at our flight times again. As it was, I was the last to arrive. I can’t stand that!! My sister and mom would be calling me from Disney and torturing me while I was still in transit! I decided to call United and see what they could do about that. Well what do you know, they had an earlier flight they could switch me to! I was getting there 30 minutes after the first person to arrive, my sister. I wasn’t even going to let her leave the airport without me!

It's going to take a few days to process all of my pics so this report may take a while! Here's a sneak preview though. This is a video of our first trip down the Aqua Duck! You have a lovely view of my toes in this video. I don't know if this will work or not. If no one can start the video let me know:

eagles

YES! it works find for me. you guys laughing and screaming were cracking me up. that does look like tons of fun.

i have read they will not allow cameras on that. did you have to get permission? or they really did not care?

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
YES! it works find for me. you guys laughing and screaming were cracking me up. that does look like tons of fun.

i have read they will not allow cameras on that. did you have to get permission? or they really did not care?

It was so so fun. Not scary at all, just fun. Perfect for families.

It's funny that you read that. I hadn't seen that so I just brought it on. They definitely saw me taking pictures and getting on with it.

Later in the week I heard them telling someone cameras weren't allowed. Oops!!:D

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
Saturday January 22nd – Departure Day

I woke up at 4:30 am, bright and cheery! Okay, maybe not cheery when the alarm first went off, but I was within a minute or two of remembering what day it was! My dh had flown in at midnight the night before. He'd been gone all week so I had lots to fill him in on. The first bad news was that both kids were sick. Dd hadn't felt well for a couple of days, and ds had been running a fever off and on all week. I thought we were in the clear on Friday. He finally went back to school on Friday and played in the basketball game Friday night. Somewhere around the third quarter he started looking bad, and I mean bad. When we got in the car I felt his head and sure enough, his fever was back. Shoot!

I also had to fill him in on all the events for the week - basketball, volleyball, soccer, play practice, etc. And we only have two kids!

Sorry honey!:D

My first flight was a short rough one into Denver. I was nauseous as all get out when we landed!

Super short layover in Denver and I was off again! Our flight attendant welcomed us onboard our flight to Orlando - "the home of Mickey Mouse!" Awesome!:sohappy:

I found my sister waiting for me in the Magical Express area. I've never seen it so crowded! We made it on the first bus though and we were off!

DisneyDream004_filtered.jpg

We got on the bus and jabbered the whole way there. Apologies to the people around us who were trying to watch the movie.:lookaroun

DisneyDream003.jpg

Finally we were there! The Contemporary is so beautiful, I love it!

We checked in and ate a quick meal at the food court. Delicious flatbread that i totally forgot to take a picture of.

DisneyDream009.jpg

DisneyDream015.jpg

DisneyDream017.jpg

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
Next we went to our room on the 9th floor.

DisneyDream030.jpg

DisneyDream031.jpg

Not Magic Kingdom view, but still gorgeous.

DisneyDream023.jpg

I really like the new décor.

DisneyDream020_filtered.jpg

DisneyDream022_filtered.jpg

We walked down to the Convention center to check in for the conference next. I got a great bag full of goodies!

DisneyDream044.jpg

DisneyDream045.jpg

We also were loaned an iPod touch for the conference. It was preloaded with deck plans, our schedule, Etc. Etc. Awesome idea!

DisneyDream046.jpg

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
We decided to go pick up our park tickets over at the Magic Kingdom so we wouldn’t have to do that on our one day in the parks. We rode the monorail over and picked them up at will call. It was kind of torturous to be so close but yet so far.

DisneyDream033_filtered.jpg

We walked back to the Contemporary.

DisneyDream034.jpg

DisneyDream042.jpg

Pretty soon after that, Mom got there.

She was starving so it was time for another meal! We went to wait for a bus to Downtown Disney and froze our patooties off!

DisneyDream050.jpg

We had a delicious dinner at Earl of Sandwich.

We shopped for a little while after that. Nice, Sis!

DisneyDream048.jpg

I was on a mission to get some locking pin backs for my son's letterman’s jacket. Why on earth they can't make pin backs that don't fall off that is beyond me. We have lost so many pins!

After freezing and walking around some more we went back for a meet and greet with the KK agents. Disneyjoe was there too! I saw Disneyjoe about a million times on this trip and somehow never got a picture of him!

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
The lobby at night:

DisneyDream055_filtered.jpg

When we got back to the room I took some pics on the balcony.

DisneyDream063.jpg

DisneyDream067_filtered.jpg

Electric parade!

DisneyDream068.jpg

DisneyDream073.jpg

Finally we repacked for the next day and went to bed! We had to have our bags ready by 8am!

eagles

oh those 9th floor pics give me the creeps, they of course are wonderful, but oh so high up. hehehe

i think that tray on the bed would have accidentally slipped into my bag. i love the style.

love the water parade and you got a good view of it.

erstwo

Oh, I am SO EXCITED about this trip report & Master Yoda's!

I emailed Marie last week and she emailed me back, "Well, I'm on the Dream right now........" SO JEALOUS!!! :D

Can't wait for the rest! Thank YOU so MUCH for letting the rest of us "in" on your trip!

disneygirl1

Yeah another Tammy trip report!!1 I saw on here last week that you were on the Dream and knew you would be starting a TR soon!!! :sohappy: I am especially excited to read this as we JUST decided last week that we are going to take our 1st cruise aboard the Dream next April for Easter! :sohappy:

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
what, tammy forgot to take a pic of something? :ROFLOL:

I always forget to take pictures of food!! I just start digging in and then about half way throught I realize I forgot!! :lol:

oh those 9th floor pics give me the creeps, they of course are wonderful, but oh so high up. hehehe

i think that tray on the bed would have accidentally slipped into my bag. i love the style.

love the water parade and you got a good view of it.

My sister hated that water parade the first time we stayed there. Every time she got the kids to sleep it would come by and wake everyone up.:lol:

Oh, I am SO EXCITED about this trip report & Master Yoda's!

I emailed Marie last week and she emailed me back, "Well, I'm on the Dream right now........" SO JEALOUS!!! :D

Can't wait for the rest! Thank YOU so MUCH for letting the rest of us "in" on your trip!

I knew those out of office replies saying we were sailing with Mickey would make people jealous!!:)

Yeah another Tammy trip report!!1 I saw on here last week that you were on the Dream and knew you would be starting a TR soon!!! :sohappy: I am especially excited to read this as we JUST decided last week that we are going to take our 1st cruise aboard the Dream next April for Easter! :sohappy:

Yay! That is exciting!!

myhappyplace

Crazy Cat Lady
Premium Member
Looks super exciting Tammy and great pictures as always!!:sohappy:

So cool that we were in the World at the same time, though I didn't see you (I looked though! In a non-creepy...way...:ROFLOL:)

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
Looks super exciting Tammy and great pictures as always!!:sohappy:

So cool that we were in the World at the same time, though I didn't see you (I looked though! In a non-creepy...way...:ROFLOL:)

I hate that we missed each other, Amber! I was looking too in that non creepy way!:lol:

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
Sunday, January 23rd – Boarding Day

Our alarm was set for 7:30, but I was wide awake at 6:30. I finally gave in and got up to shower.

Good morning Bay Lake!

DisneyDream075.jpg

DisneyDream079.jpg

We left our bags in the room for the DCL transfers. It was so convenient!

After we were ready we went down to the food court for breakfast.

It was packed so we ate in the room.

About 9:00 we went downstairs to catch our shuttle. We were on the first bus! Score! Look at the line of busses!

DisneyDream081.jpg

DisneyDream085.jpg

DisneyDream087.jpg

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
Here’s my lanyard:

DisneyDream088.jpg

The first glimpse of the ship is always so exciting!

DisneyDream091.jpg

DisneyDream096.jpg

My friend Misty was flying in that morning so I had her passport and signed contract so we could check in without her. Luckily we did because that line was huge! We were boarding group 10. Not too bad!

DisneyDream097.jpg

Here’s our first days navigator:

DisneyDream098.jpg

Mickey came out:

DisneyDream099.jpg

He was replaced by Minnie while we were in line:

DisneyDream103_filteredcopy.jpg

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
Misty got there as they were calling group 7. Perfect timing.

They announced our "family" and we stepped into awesomeness. The lobby was huge! The Dream is so much wider than the Magic and Wonder! I’ll have many pictures of it to come but it was full of people at that moment.

I've seen numerous pictures of the lobby but I was still unprepared for the grandeur of it. It's just so elegant! And yet somehow that duck still fits in right there in the middle of it all. We took this picture later that day, but here's a glimpse of the lobby:

DisneyDream230_filtered.jpg

We went to the Enchanted Garden for lunch. Huge buffet and beautiful restaurant. You have a choice when you board of Cabanas or Enchanted Garden. I definitely prefer the calm of Enchanted Garden.

DisneyDream113_filtered.jpg

DisneyDream117_filtered.jpg

Here’s the ceiling. It changed from day to night during the evening meals:

DisneyDream118_filtered.jpg

DisneyDream136_filtered.jpg

DisneyDream138_filtered.jpg

DisneyDream119_filtered.jpg

The desserts!

DisneyDream129_filtered.jpg

DisneyDream130_filtered.jpg

DisneyDream133_filtered.jpg

More of the ship tomorrow!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom