A Change In Strategy

Thrill Seeker

That would be AMAZING. This was our family's favorite ride in TDS when we were there. Just unbelievable. But the thing is... MASSIVE space needed, and even more than that, it would have to be done the same way. With no expense spared. A scaled down Sinbad I for one would NOT want to see. :cry:

I haven't watched that one yet... Any links on YouTube?

EpcoTim

You got that right. I think the likely option as far as an MK thrill ride is to demo the treehouse and build a new Indiana Jones ride with a different storyline from DL. I'd love to see that...

I'd rather see Indiana Jones over at the Studios, replacing the current Indy show. Take out the tree house and bring back fire mountain or an original concept of some sort.

aladdin2007

I think guest relations would have a nightmare on thier hands if they demolished the treehouse, thats always been a classic here. But then they did do away with Toad so I guess I wouldnt put it past them. But there is a big expanison pad for Adventureland without ripping out the tree.

The sinbad ride would be great for Epcot, The Morocco plot does have existing expansion space along with the empty slot between it and France, but Im thinking even with those two together thats still not enough room for sinbad as it is in Tokyo anyway. Each country pavilion and those that havent been built on yet is 3 acres in size. Thats what they told us on the behind the scenes tour anyway.

The Conundrum

I think guest relations would have a nightmare on thier hands if they demolished the treehouse, thats always been a classic here. But then they did do away with Toad so I guess I wouldnt put it past them. But there is a big expanison pad for Adventureland without ripping out the tree.

I doubt there would be a nightmare. They got away with removing 20k and skyway without a replacement and there was even a huge petition and campaign to save Mr.Toad which failed.

Bamabelle333

I'm new to WDW and can't figure out what "RFID" stands for. I'm learning that there is a whole language for WDW but this one is new. Could someone please translate?

EpcoTim

In the normal world it's Radio Frequency Identification. I have no idea if it has a different meaning in the Disney World. No pun intended.

RSoxNo1

I don't think the Treehouse needs to be removed to put Indy in Adventureland.

What's especially annoying is the removal of attractions to replace them with retro-fits instead of filling in some of the areas that are already vacant. I think Monster's Inc Laugh Floor would have been better received if it didn't replace Timekeeper (and was in Pixar Place).

SirGoofy

You're seriously overestimating the Treehouse's popularity. :lol:

Personally I would live for an Indy ride to be placed on that plot. Imagine walking over the bridge and seeing the Temple rising above you.

Yes, please.:D

Lee

Adventurer
I don't think the Treehouse needs to be removed to put Indy in Adventureland.
True, because Indy wouldn't fit in that area at all, though there is a small expansion pad there.
The Indy show building will not fit inside the current Adventureland boundary.
Previous concepts have placed the most available AL expansion pad to the south of the Pirates show building, as seen in this photo.
(And no, the Indy building is not as big as that red square:lol:)

Attachments

• alexpad.JPG
    alexpad.JPG
    141.7 KB · Views: 84

Jasonflz

Does part of the Indy ride go underground because it really seems that the building would not be large enough to fit the attraction? I think Dinosaur goes under ground.

EPCOT Explorer

You're seriously overestimating the Treehouse's popularity. :lol:

Personally I would live for an Indy ride to be placed on that plot. Imagine walking over the bridge and seeing the Temple rising above you.

Yes, please.:D
That thing was empty last time.

:lol:

I didn't find it too interesting, either. Indy, you say...? ;)

SirGoofy

I do have to say I'm glad about that. I would rather have quality over quantity. But an attraction in the 20K spot will definetly bring a sigh of relief.

I agree, especially because the attractions need it desperately.

I know the plans for JC would get everyone here excited, at least the last plans I heard. I can only hope it gets a green light once the freeze is done.

Pirates also needs speaker/mechanical work.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
While I still enjoy the treehouse and would hate to see it go, the footprint that it takes up along with associated canals, support and wasted space, is a lot larger than it appears.

treehousefootprint.jpg

EPCOT Explorer

I agree, especially because the attractions need it desperately.

I know the plans for JC would get everyone here excited, at least the last plans I heard. I can only hope it gets a green light once the freeze is done.

Pirates also needs speaker/mechanical work.

Is there still plans to expand JI or is that just jt style crazyness?:lol:

jt, you would make a amazing Imagineer...;) That's for sure.:wave:

SirGoofy

Is there still plans to expand JI or is that just jt style crazyness?:lol:

jt, you would make a amazing Imagineer...;) That's for sure.:wave:

I take it you meant expanding the JC? It was mentioned in the talk, but it would be incredibly difficult. It would require a ton of excavation and the Treehouse/JC to be closed for an incredibly long time.

Would it be cool? Sure, but it's not gonna happen.

The plans that are in place(as far as I know), are awesome. Some awesome effects added to the ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom