A Change In Strategy

SirGoofy

On the one hand, I hope that I will eat my words and more concrete plans will be put in place tomorrow, but on the other hand, I am happy that attractions such as TLM, Star Tours, Monsters Inc, and even certain projects in AK are above it - I think those are more important.

Agreed. I know the fanboys will cry foul at what I'm about to say, but EPCOT needs the least help out of all the parks.

SirGoofy

I tend to agree, but there is A LOT that needs to be addressed there. SSE, Aesthetics, and JII come to mind. UoE too.

UoE is still a very entertaining show. A bit outdated? Sure, but it's still got a few years before it's horribly so.

SSE is fine, and close to being finished, I'm not worried about it.

JII will happen eventually, and as much as I want it to happen, it's not a huge glaring hole.

As for Aesthetics, the only huge problem is the Innoventions canopy, and personally, I'd much rather get help for the other parks before that is even thought about.

EPCOT Explorer

UoE is still a very entertaining show. A bit outdated? Sure, but it's still got a few years before it's horribly so.

JII will happen eventually, and as much as I want it to happen, it's not a huge glaring hole.

As for Aesthetics, the only huge problem is the Innoventions canopy, and personally, I'd much rather get help for the other parks before that is even thought about.
UoE needs help, now. 1996-2009 is WAY too long for that thing to be dated with.

JII...Soon...But it hasn't happened yet. Hence, the need for help.

SSE...:D We are waiting, no?

Aesthetics...Yeah, the other parks need help, but it just kills me to look at EPCOT and see it so ugly and cluttered.

imagineer boy

Let's take a look at what each individual park needs:

AK: Needs more rides and new themed areas (be it Beastly Kingdom or Australia).

DHS: Needs more rides desperately.

MK: Needs to be less stale, many rides need refurbs, an E-ticket and a few new rides need to be added.

Epcot: Pavillions need a bit of updating and could use a few new rides especially in WS.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Strangely, as discussed earlier, Epcot is the one park that could get the most return for little outlay. The UoE infrastructure is there. Just update the movies and add a bit of pixie dust. WoL is a huge facility sitting empty a lot of the time. Odyssey - a massive, peak time option for quick sit down food. Imagination - again, the facility is built and again it has wasted space. Harvest Theatre - often overlooked, but a large capacity purpose built projection attraction that would be comparitively simple to update. Germany - half a show building-come-storage space. Japan - a massive show building-come-storage-space. The Millenium Events pavilion - a facility crying out to be easily converted with a good facade.

It really would be so easy - and relatively cheap - to offer so much more.

EPCOT Explorer

Strangely, as discussed earlier, Epcot is the one park that could get the most return for little outlay. The UoE infrastructure is there. Just update the movies and add a bit of pixie dust. WoL is a huge facility sitting empty a lot of the time. Odyssey - a massive, peak time option for quick sit down food. Imagination - again, the facility is built and again it has wasted space. Harvest Theatre - often overlooked, but a large capacity purpose built projection attraction that would be comparitively simple to update. Germany - half a show building-come-storage space. Japan - a massive show building-come-storage-space. The Millenium Events pavilion - a facility crying out to be easily converted with a good facade.

I love this post, or some odd reason.:lookaroun:lol:

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Well, if they changed the film where you fly over natural wonders of the world and change the name to "Soarin over the world" then it would fit perfectly.

Yessir, just a matter of time I think. Imagine "Planet Earth" type footage projected on that screen!

*drools*

"Planet Earth" type footage would be a natural for the Land. Another alternative would be to move the entrance to over near Canada (same distance from the actual show building as the Land is) and make it "Soarin' Over the Wonders of the World" or something like that with man-made sights, like the Parthenon, Pyramids of Egypt, the Kremlin, Macchu Pichu, etc.

But with regards to "a matter of time", I think it's a matter of quite a lot of time, since the current Soarin' stilll draws so well.

Agreed. I know the fanboys will cry foul at what I'm about to say, but EPCOT needs the least help out of all the parks.

I must think Epcot needs the least help, because it is my favorite park, but it also has the most potential for improvement. Imagine just how wonderful that park could be with the same attention that DCA is getting or the attention TokyoDisneySea got

I agree with all these. Imagination is really a fun little attraction, and the Imageworks as it exists now is OK. If it weren't for the greatness and scale of what was there before, the current attraction would not be nearly as much of a disappointment.

And I don't even mind the Innoventions canopy, really. The LaL tombstones, however, need to go.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member

Exellent points. The building and infrastructure costs to expand Epcot significantly would be far less, comparatively, because of all of this space.

EPCOT Explorer

"Planet Earth" type footage would be a natural for the Land. Another alternative would be to move the entrance to over near Canada (same distance from the actual show building as the Land is) and make it "Soarin' Over the Wonders of the World" or something like that with man-made sights, like the Parthenon, Pyramids of Egypt, the Kremlin, Macchu Pichu, etc.

But with regards to "a matter of time", I think it's a matter of quite a lot of time, since the current Soarin' stilll draws so well.

I must think Epcot needs the least help, because it is my favorite park, but it also has the most potential for improvement. Imagine just how wonderful that park could be with the same attention that DCA is getting or the attention TokyoDisneySea got

I agree with all these. Imagination is really a fun little attraction, and the Imageworks as it exists now is OK. If it weren't for the greatness and scale of what was there before, the current attraction would not be nearly as much of a disappointment.

And I don't even mind the Innoventions canopy, really. The LaL tombstones, however, need to go.
World Showcase comes pretty close to TDS...But could you imagine FW?:D

Jasonflz

UoE really does work still although it is pretty outdated when think of it, not just information wise. At least it's entertaining.

SSE really needs to have the descent finished but otherwise is not something too noticeable.

JII needs to close.

Aesthetic wise, MK needs it more.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
World Showcase comes pretty close to TDS...But could you imagine FW?:D

I don't think WS comes close to TDS....attractions, save AA, have no real innovation to them. I love the Canada (now that it's redone) and China CircleVisions, and the France movie is great, but WS deserves a NEW, different, imaginative attraction.

Jasonflz

Let's take a look at what each individual park needs:

AK: Needs more rides and new themed areas (be it Beastly Kingdom or Australia). Especially this one. AK is one of the weakest parks mainly because it's lacking attractions and entertainment. It does have some top notch ones in it's limited selection though.

DHS: Needs more rides desperately. Don't worry. DHS is going to get several attractions when the Pixar area is updated. Hopefully Indy Adventure and Cinemagique are brought to the park.

MK: Needs to be less stale, many rides need refurbs, an E-ticket and a few new rides need to be added. Especially Toontown and Tomorrowland although Fantasyland really needs a make over.

Epcot: Pavillions need a bit of updating and could use a few new rides especially in WS. A bit of updating will help the most. WS is really the only part of Epcot that needs some new attractions.
I agree with everything here.

Jasonflz

I don't think WS comes close to TDS....attractions, save AA, have no real innovation to them. I love the Canada (now that it's redone) and China CircleVisions, and the France movie is great, but WS deserves a NEW, different, imaginative attraction.

Mt. Fuji, Meet the World, and maybe an Italian boat ride would really be nice, no?

EPCOT Explorer

I meant in terms of authenticity and themeing.

But yes, attractions wise, WS needs something BAD.

Vernonpush

Martin Short! Went after the Refurb, tried to ignore MS. Never go there again til he's GONE!:hurl:

imagineer boy

I've noticed that there's a big space next to the Morocco pavillion. What if they built the Sinbad ride from TDS there? That would be perfect.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom