A Bazillion Brazilians

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxwwf3

Last year 2007 July 4th weekend my husband and I were sitting waiting for Fantasmic to start when "the others" started to chant something about Brazil. Everyone finally got tired of hearing them and we all starting chanting USA, USA . . .

That was the best moment ever!!!

Trust me, that wasn't the only time that has happened in the parks :ROFLOL:

DisneyGigi

Brazilian tour groups...

I have very found memories of line cutting, chanting, banging on my hotel room door, and pushing me out of their way.

I hate that...
I would LOVE to have some sort of Taser hooked up to the door so that when they went to bang on it in the middle of the night it shocked the living crap out of them! Like a bug zapper or something! :drevil:

JNL0508

I would LOVE to have some sort of Taser hooked up to the door so that when they went to bang on it in the middle of the night it shocked the living crap out of them! Like a bug zapper or something! :drevil:

I love that idea!!!:fork:

Club Cooloholic

I really think the problem here is lack of chaparones. I have found that no matter the nationality, you let kids run wild they will act up. As for the singing, I guess they are just really nationalistic, if our kids sang about the USA we would all be swelling with pride.

They also scream alot, watched wishes by a group of em, they screamed at every single firework....They are just so loud and the fact that the tour lady almost hit me with her flag (i did an awesome duck though!), just ruined my day trip. I can't wait till they leave!!!!!

DCLcruiser

Are you guys serious? They are so annoying, they talk loudly, sing songs and argue all the time. They have no understanding of personal space or etiquette in public.

I leave for Disney on Sunday, this could ruin my trip.

Mad Stitch

I really think the problem here is lack of chaparones. I have found that no matter the nationality, you let kids run wild they will act up. As for the singing, I guess they are just really nationalistic, if our kids sang about the USA we would all be swelling with pride.

I’ve heard that Disney requires 1 tour guide for every 10 members of the group. But I guess they don’t enforce that rule very well. :shrug:

Philo

We were there the week of the 14 - 18 and they were EVERYWHERE!!! While we were waiting for our Fast Pass time to roll around for Sorin, a CM there held all of us AMERICANS back while she let a whole Brazillian tour group go ahead of us :eek:. Everyone was furious :fork:. My husband spoke to the CM (who was of a foreign nationality I might add) but got ignored. He tried the other CM closer to the ride and she was mortified. She held the whole Brazillian group back while us AMERICANS with our Fast Passes road on the next ride :D........I liked her! :sohappy:

I'm not sure I see the problem here. OK, a big group in front of you is annoying and perhaps the should be held back but that dynamic cannot go on forever, they are always going to be in front of someone. As for the fact that they are Brazilian and your American, I hardly see this as an argument for why you should get to go first...

Well, when I saw this thread I could not help but laugh. My mom, sister and I take a summer trip to Disney every year... and each time, it becomes "the joke of the trip" that we should gather up all of our friends, come to disney, and scream out chants on the top of our lungs every 2 minutes. lol...

But the good thing about the chanting is.......... you can always tell when they are coming:lookaroun

:ROFLOL:

hpyhnt 1000

They also scream alot, watched wishes by a group of em, they screamed at every single firework....They are just so loud and the fact that the tour lady almost hit me with her flag (i did an awesome duck though!), just ruined my day trip. I can't wait till they leave!!!!!

Oh, that is absolutely true. I guess they've never seen fireworks before? :shrug: :lookaroun Even if that is the case, you don't need to scream at every one. :brick:

In the end, it depends on the group. Unfortunately, its the loud and obnoxious groups you remember, not the quiet, respectful ones, because there are those that are well behaved. And believe me, the rest of the world thinks the same way of us American groups. Doesn't matter if you're respectful and nice; you can tell by that look they give you. I don't blame them, though; we obviously do the same thing over here with foreigners. :eek:

banimall

Original Poster
A lot of replies off of this post, I'm surprised. Got me thinking though, if I opened a hamburger stand in Florida and all the license plates in the parking lot were from Georgia..... Why not open up Disney in Brazil, it could be a new and apparently endless Carnival.

Norman Paperman

krankenstein

^ I wish.

I had never encountered the groups until earlier this month (I normally go in May or December). I now understand why everyone has a big problem with these groups. They were rude. None of them even tried to acknowledge they had run into you. The loudness I can ignore, but they can at least be a little considerate of the people around them!

The Oggmonster

It's kind of funny but I always go in August but I don't think I have seen them before. Do they only come during the months June and July or something?

You know my favorite part about the Brazillians is when they speak English to each other, but when you're trying to get their attention (for whatever reason: in line, etc.) they pretend they can't speak English!

I think my favorite memory of the group is during Fantasmic when there were 2 groups of them, sitting across the way, both chanting back and forth in Portugeese, both trying to be louder.

I hope they will hopefully be gone soon. :(

wdwmomof3

^ I wish.

I had never encountered the groups until earlier this month (I normally go in May or December). I now understand why everyone has a big problem with these groups. They were rude. None of them even tried to acknowledge they had run into you. The loudness I can ignore, but they can at least be a little considerate of the people around them!

Oh, this would not fly with my DH. I better stay away when they are there if I want to go back. :lookaroun

mouse_luv

I usually go between the months of May and August. I always get stuck in the parks when they are there. RUDE!:brick:

Please tell me when they go away, as I'm visiting WDW at end of August.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom