7DMT is currently on fire (11/1/14)

ProfSavage

Wait, this thread is still going?

what-the-hell-o.gif

meeshes

I was there last night and rode about 10 min before the fire. I usually ride during the parade and wishes because the wait time is decreased. Maybe I should just try to plan better and get fast pass. I never use those for some reason. Went over to space and Cosmic Rays after. When I finished eating they were closing off parts of the park but were very hush hush about what happened.

WDWFREAK53

While in Epcot, I heard a shell land near us and we went over and it was huge... The first thing I said was, "Wow, good thing it didn't hit anybody." So, if the wind is blowing hard enough where these shells can land well within an area of the general public, do they risk shooting them off? Imagine the law suit they would've had if this had hit somebody? Or the injuries that could've happened? I understand it's all hypothetical because it didn't happen, but I would assume that Disney would caution themselves against flaming debris flying into areas where their paying customers are.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Considering that they've been doing this for quite a while with no major incidents, I think it's safe to say they generally know what they're doing at this point.

Or, conversely, they have gotten a little lackadaisical in their safety procedures and it's leading to more minor incidents which in turn lead to fears of major ones?

I don't have any hard numbers on total pyro related incidents, just going by this thread, so maybe I'm wrong. Just providing a different view point.

PhotoDave219

Or, conversely, they have gotten a little lackadaisical in their safety procedures and it's leading to more minor incidents which in turn lead to fears of major ones?

I don't have any hard numbers on total pyro related incidents, just going by this thread, so maybe I'm wrong. Just providing a different view point.

Thats exactly what I'm trying to say. And that lackadaisical attitude comes seems to come from management. The front line cast does not seem to take short cuts. Its management who has the final say for these shows and ensuring safety.

This is the culture & mentality of "it cant happen here" that's been bred. Its just not acceptable.

JediMasterMatt

The show managers will have little influence. Disney's legal department will initiate the changes for the safety of guests and for the safety of avoiding a costly personal injury lawsuit. These pyro accidents have set a precedent that the company has failed to exercise due care (i.e. the conduct that a reasonable person would take to avoid harm to the public). Additional safety measures will only buy them some time. Disney can't reasonably expect their guests to assume or share such risks. Disney needs to show that they are taking positive steps to minimize and/or eliminate the current risks while also transitioning the show elements away from the inherently dangerous pyrotechnics.

Safety has always come before show for Disney. As has been stated, pyrotechnics are inherently dangerous. Short of clearing out the entire MK prior to any pyrotechnic display, the park guests are put at an unreasonable level of risk. It was just a matter of luck that no guests were harmed in the two most recent pyro malfunctions. With safety being the priority, Disney will within the next few years gradually transition the pyrotechnics to other show elements (such a laser light shows). It's in the best interest of the guests as well as the company. I see it as a win for all concerned.

Everyone knows that the chance of being hit by a fireworks shell is as improbable as the Yeti being fixed anytime in the near future.

Just crazy talk.

If pyro were to come to an end at WDW it would be because of the most logical one - budget cuts.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom