Tuesday, August 10th-Tuesday, August 17th

WHERE: Saratoga Springs 2 Bedroom Villa
IMG_1909.JPEG

WHO: Myself, E, JSR & J
IMG_2405.JPG

WHEN:
Thursday, September 23rd-Saturday, September 25th

WHERE: Saratoga Springs 1 Bedroom Villa
I figured a pic isn't necessary since there's the one above!!

WHO: E & myself(no J--gasp!!)
IMG_9415.JPEG

WHEN:
Thursday, October 7th-Saturday, October 9th

WHERE: Walt Disney World Swan
IMG_2906.PNG

WHO: Me, myself & I
IMG_2931.JPEG

WHEN:
Thursday, October 28th-Tuesday, November 2nd

WHERE: Saratoga Springs 2 Bedroom Villa
Again, no pic needed

WHO: My niece M, J, my sister B(M's mom), E & myself
IMG_9753.JPEG

WHEN:
Thursday, November 11th-Saturday, November 13th

WHERE: Animal Kingdom Lodge
IMG_3475.JPEG

WHO:
I was traveling solo again
IMG_3507.JPEG

WHEN:
Thursday, December 2nd-Saturday, December 4th

WHERE: Home❤️
IMG_3618.JPEG

WHO: 3rd go around alone!!
IMG_3654.JPEG

So, I had lots of mixed feelings as if I even wanted to do TR's on these trips. Other than the 2 longer ones the other 4 were really just to visit with a dear friend who had just moved there(I mentioned that in my last TR). She moved from Pittsburgh to about 1/2 hour from Disney. When visiting her I chose to stay at Disney b/c for the most part I was by myself so I felt safer. Also, in my down time when I wasn't visiting her I could go to the parks "for free", so to speak, since I have an AP. I looked at that as a "free" source of entertainment.

Since I really didn't plan on doing TR's for these I don't have great notes. Most of what is going to trigger my memories will be my pictures!!

As always, a huge welcome to all who will be following along!!😘

riverside

Original Poster
MONDAY, AUGUST 16TH

When we got back we saw that mousekeeping had left us a note.
IMG_2590.JPEG

We went to the pool but weren't there long b/c it started to rain so they closed it.
IMG_2592.JPEG

A bit later E & I were hungry so we went to get something to eat.
IMG_2595.JPEG

We ate at the Turf Club Lounge. She had a pizza & I had the Buffalo Chicken Dip.
IMG_2596.JPEG

riverside

Original Poster
TUESDAY, AUGUST 17TH

@Darstarr's friend Mark picked us & our luggage up.
IMG_2597.JPEG

Then we took a stroll over to DS for some lunch.
IMG_2599.JPEG

We bought some cupcakes to eat later.
IMG_2601.JPEG

IMG_2603.JPEG

We decided on Cookes of Dublin.
IMG_2605.JPEG

IMG_2607.JPEG

Food was good but nothing spectacular. Don't worry--I didn't touch that ketchup!!
IMG_2609.JPEG

When we got back to Saratoga Springs we ate our cupcakes which were very good!!
IMG_2611.JPEG

ME was right on time, as usual!!
IMG_2618.JPEG

I changed my countdown for my next trip. Little did I know that I would be back sooner than that!!
IMG_2613.PNG

riverside

Original Poster
THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 23RD

This trip was literally planned about 1 1/2 weeks out. In my July TR I had met up with a friend at HS & she told me that they were moving to Florida in August. She & her family were staying with her sister until they found a house. I wanted to pay her a visit & asked E if she wanted to go. JSR didn't want J missing school so he stayed behind. I had found reasonable airfare through Spirit:oops: I know I said I would never fly with them again but the price was right & their flight schedule was better than Southwest's. Speaking of schedules(& you'll notice a pattern with a few of my other trips) I was scheduled 7-4 Thursday, off Friday & 1-10 on Saturday. I asked to leave work a few hours early on Thursday & be able to come in around 2:30 on Saturday. That's what I ended up doing for 3 more trips also.

I left work & headed straight to E's house to go to the airport. Friday's it was for dinner.
IMG_2740.JPEG

Our waitress asked me if I wanted a to go cup for my wine. I was totally confused. I didn't know you were allowed to walk around the airport with an open container but apparently you are!! Learn something new every day!!
IMG_2741.JPEG

Our reservations were separate so E & I didn't sit together.
IMG_2742.JPEG

IMG_2743.JPEG

I was really curious as to what was in this bag!!
IMG_2746.JPEG

Our flight was uneventful & landed on time. Disney still wasn't ready for us though!!
IMG_2747.PNG

Whatever.....
IMG_2748.PNG

Our driver was there waiting for us. It was so nice just having a carryon & not having to wait for luggage. That's one thing I noticed, not having luggage to check in definitely makes flying with Spirit more tolerable. Their check in process is the pits!!
IMG_2749.JPEG

In no time at all we were home!!
IMG_2753.JPEG

IMG_2754.JPEG

riverside

Original Poster
THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 23RD

We're back!!
IMG_2755.JPEG

The main lobby area was under construction. Since we still didn't get a room ready text we left our luggage with bell services & headed to dinner.
IMG_2760.JPEG

We saw this guy on our way there. Scared the heck out of us. We were both afraid to walk by him.
IMG_2763.JPEG

It was a nice evening for a walk.
IMG_2765.JPEG

Our dinner destination!!
IMG_2767.JPEG

We have mentioned many times that we wanted to try it there. When booking this trip I saw a reservation open so I grabbed it!!
IMG_2768.JPEG

It always looked like such a neat restaurant to me!!
IMG_2769.JPEG

IMG_2770.JPEG

IMG_2771.JPEG

IMG_2774.JPEG

It definitely did not disappoint!!

riverside

Original Poster
THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 23RD

Shortly after we sat down I got the room ready text.
IMG_2772.PNG

Our room was in THE BEST location!! When I booked it all that was available were the preferred rooms. I could get spoiled staying there!!
IMG_2773.PNG

Back to dinner....
IMG_2775.JPEG

There was so much to look at in this place!
IMG_2776.JPEG

IMG_2777.JPEG

IMG_2779.JPEG

I had the Shrimp and Grits. I highly recommend it!!
IMG_2781.JPEG

I'm not quite sure what E had.
IMG_2783.JPEG

We checked out the M&M store.
IMG_2785.JPEG

E picked up something for J.
IMG_2788.JPEG

riverside

Original Poster
That tarmac supplies bag cracks me up! I am curious too! My first thought was of the ‘busy bags’ I used to make for my kids when they were toddlers!
Do they have craft supplies and goldfish crackers in there or what? 😂
I highly doubt it!! They charge for everything on that airline, even water!! They're not giving anything away for free!!
I am super curious about it!!

riverside

Original Poster
THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 23RD

I sent this picture to R to remind him that one of these days he needed to use the gift card that I bought him a few years ago!!
IMG_2789.JPEG

We went in the Sperry store & E bought J a new pair of shoes.
IMG_2790.JPEG

We grabbed some Starbucks for the walk back.
IMG_2793.JPEG

Hello World of Disney!!
IMG_2794.JPEG

We went to bell services to get our luggage.
IMG_2795.JPEG

Our room for the next two nights.
IMG_2796.JPEG

Again, perfect location!!
IMG_2797.JPEG

IMG_2799.JPEG

erstwo

I highly doubt it!! They charge for everything on that airline, even water!! They're not giving anything away for free!!
I am super curious about it!!
Well, in that case - maybe it’s like that moment in the musical Come From Away - where the delays got so long, they finally gave out ‘Complimentary Booze!’ 😊

Although in this day and age, it’s more likely that they have zip ties in there to keep the crazy, aggregated passengers in their seats! 🤪 (God bless the flight attendants!)

MickeyCB

We walked back to Saratoga Springs & passed by the scene of where A got her knee stuck the month before. Of course, J remembered it & said we should take some pics & send them to A!!
IMG_2391.JPEG

As you can see, he wasn't very sympathetic!!
IMG_2392.JPEG

IMG_2393.JPEG
Ohhh evil cousin, I love it!!
We saw this guy on our way there. Scared the heck out of us. We were both afraid to walk by him.
IMG_2763.JPEG
Da*n it woman, could you give a girl a warning before just posting a picture like this?! Just about jumped out of my chair!

Last edited:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
We still had some time so we stopped to get a coffee.
IMG_2297.JPEG
I'm always interested in hotel coffee shops. Most of them (with some seating) are inviting. I like the intimacy of a smaller shop, in a busy hotel lobby area.

(Aside of coffee shops, I'm also enjoying all of your various restaurant photos and commentary. I always pay more attention to a forum member's reviews here, than the "official" ones on the Disney web sites.)

riverside

Original Poster
Don’t get me wrong! It looked good and I would definitely eat it. We traditionally don’t have any sauce on the shrimp. And we eat it “dressed” which in New Orleans means lettuce, tomato, and mayonnaise.
Very interesting? Any seasoning at all on the shrimp?
I love when I get something at a restaurant & under the belief that it is "authentic" then I find out otherwise!!
Tsk. I hate line jumpers…..
I cracked up laughing at this comment!! 🤣 🤣 🤣
Well, in that case - maybe it’s like that moment in the musical Come From Away - where the delays got so long, they finally gave out ‘Complimentary Booze!’ 😊

Although in this day and age, it’s more likely that they have zip ties in there to keep the crazy, aggregated passengers in their seats! 🤪 (God bless the flight attendants!)
I still can't see them doing that. Speaking of booze--they charge a small fortune for it!!
You're probably right. I'm amazed how every now & then you'll hear about some unruly passenger that didn't want to wear their mask. I'll have a future story about me witnessing that firsthand but that's a few trips away!! It just floors me, we've been doing this long enough now--follow the rules or don't fly!!
Ohhh evil cousin, I love it!!
He totally came up with that on his own!! I thought it was hysterical. But, we were nice & didn't send the pics to A b/c I didn't want to upset her. Even though her dad told me I should!!
Da*n it woman, could you give a girl a warning before just posting a picture like this?! Just about jumped out of my chair!
Sorry about that!! I wasn't thinking, also I don't know how to do the "spoiler thing"!! I can't believe I was brave enough to even take the picture!!
I'm always interested in hotel coffee shops. Most of them (with some seating) are inviting. I like the intimacy of a smaller shop, in a busy hotel lobby area.

(Aside of coffee shops, I'm also enjoying all of your various restaurant photos and commentary. I always pay more attention to a forum member's reviews here, than the "official" ones on the Disney web sites.)
That one is pretty good. We've got drinks there quite a few times now. No seating in there but the lobby is right outside of it so one could always sit there.

Thank you!! I feel bad b/c I didn't take notes so I feel like I'm lacking in the commentary department. Had I taken notes my conversation would be a little more in depth!

riverside

Original Poster
FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 24TH

I was up early to take a walk around this gorgeous resort!!
IMG_2800.JPEG

I mentioned earlier about going to visit my friend, which really was the main reason for this trip. At the time she & her family were staying with her sister in St. Cloud while they were looking for a house. E & I took a Lyft to visit her. We spent the morning with her & had a wonderful visit. It was too short but I was so happy to see her!!
IMG_2810.JPG

When it was time to leave we took a Lyft straight to HS!!
IMG_2802.JPEG

Crowds were very light at the entrance but at this point it was early afternoon.
IMG_2804.JPEG

Any guesses as to where we were headed first? 🤣
IMG_2805.JPEG

We needed lunch after all!!😊
IMG_2806.JPEG

We didn't get our favorite table but that's ok. It was only us 2. We did get some of our favorite foods(& beverages) though!!
IMG_2808.JPEG

Poor J wasn't there to eat his favorite, the pickles!!
IMG_2809.JPEG

After lunch we decided to ride TSM. I never noticed this on these blocks before.
IMG_2816.JPEG

IMG_9402.JPEG

riverside

Original Poster
FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 24TH

E wanted to ride RNRC so she could send J a pic to see what he was missing now that he was all about riding it!! I know, so mean!!
The guitar was getting worked on.
IMG_2817.JPEG

Thinking of you, J!!
IMG_2826.JPG

Saw some friends on the way out!!
IMG_2819.JPEG

We decided to take the Skyliner over to Epcot. Again, any guesses as to where our first stop would be??
IMG_2822.JPEG

No surprise there, I'm sure!!
IMG_2827.JPEG

Not having J there it was hard to take the traditional family photo that we do every time we're there. We still wanted to send C & D the pic so these selfies would have to do!!
IMG_9412.JPEG

IMG_9415.JPEG

At this point E was getting calls from work & needed to take care of something ASAP. She needed somewhere quiet to work for a bit. We walked by La Hacienda de San Angel & I asked if they had any tables available. We were seated right away!!
IMG_2829.PNG

I had a margarita.
IMG_2832.JPEG

We ordered chips & salsa and the Flautas. The Flautas were very good!! Something I've never had before.
IMG_2833.JPEG

Last edited:

riverside

Original Poster
FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 24TH

We stopped in Creations on our way out. I'm sorry, this store is very disappointing.
IMG_2838.JPEG

They had lots of Epcot merchandise out.
IMG_2839.JPEG

IMG_2840.JPEG

IMG_2844.JPEG

We stopped for some pictures.
IMG_2877.JPG

IMG_2879.JPG

IMG_2882.JPG

Wow!! Mickey & Minnie wasted no time going from HS to Epcot!!
IMG_2845.JPEG

To the monorail we went.
IMG_2846.JPEG

riverside

Original Poster
FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 24TH

We had decided to pop into MK for a bit. The park was pretty much ready for the 50th.
IMG_2848.JPEG

IMG_2851.JPEG

We took a ride on Pirates.
IMG_2854.JPEG

IMG_2874.JPG

HM was next.
IMG_2875.JPG

Always have to try to squeeze this favorite in!!
IMG_2858.JPEG

I started noticing all these popping up in the parks.
IMG_2859.JPEG

Then it was time to go!! It had been a long but fun day. Even though though we only had about 6 hours of park time we managed to do a lot of stuff!!
IMG_2864.JPEG

So pretty!!
IMG_2869.JPEG

We caught a bus back to Saratoga. How about that, this was the 3rd park we had been to & it was the first time taking a Disney bus that day!!
IMG_2870.JPEG

riverside

Original Poster
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 25TH

In the blink of an eye it was time to leave. We had the car service scheduled to pick us up at 8:30.
IMG_2873.JPEG

For the life of me I can't remember the name of this restaurant but it was so good!! We each got a taco combo.
IMG_2883.JPEG

E had a cabernet & I had a margarita. There I am ready to go to work!!
IMG_2885.JPEG

IMG_2886.JPEG

There was some kind of issue but it must have been minor b/c we still took off on time. No need to pull out the "Tarmac Delay Supplies"!!
IMG_2887.JPEG

amjt660

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom