Tuesday, August 10th-Tuesday, August 17th

WHERE: Saratoga Springs 2 Bedroom Villa
IMG_1909.JPEG

WHO: Myself, E, JSR & J
IMG_2405.JPG

WHEN:
Thursday, September 23rd-Saturday, September 25th

WHERE: Saratoga Springs 1 Bedroom Villa
I figured a pic isn't necessary since there's the one above!!

WHO: E & myself(no J--gasp!!)
IMG_9415.JPEG

WHEN:
Thursday, October 7th-Saturday, October 9th

WHERE: Walt Disney World Swan
IMG_2906.PNG

WHO: Me, myself & I
IMG_2931.JPEG

WHEN:
Thursday, October 28th-Tuesday, November 2nd

WHERE: Saratoga Springs 2 Bedroom Villa
Again, no pic needed

WHO: My niece M, J, my sister B(M's mom), E & myself
IMG_9753.JPEG

WHEN:
Thursday, November 11th-Saturday, November 13th

WHERE: Animal Kingdom Lodge
IMG_3475.JPEG

WHO:
I was traveling solo again
IMG_3507.JPEG

WHEN:
Thursday, December 2nd-Saturday, December 4th

WHERE: Home❤️
IMG_3618.JPEG

WHO: 3rd go around alone!!
IMG_3654.JPEG

So, I had lots of mixed feelings as if I even wanted to do TR's on these trips. Other than the 2 longer ones the other 4 were really just to visit with a dear friend who had just moved there(I mentioned that in my last TR). She moved from Pittsburgh to about 1/2 hour from Disney. When visiting her I chose to stay at Disney b/c for the most part I was by myself so I felt safer. Also, in my down time when I wasn't visiting her I could go to the parks "for free", so to speak, since I have an AP. I looked at that as a "free" source of entertainment.

Since I really didn't plan on doing TR's for these I don't have great notes. Most of what is going to trigger my memories will be my pictures!!

As always, a huge welcome to all who will be following along!!😘

LeighM

I'm finally caught up with your trip report. I'm so very sorry about the loss of your friend. And 44 is so very young. I hope her daughter is handling everything as well as she can. My mom had her first heart attack around the age of 45 and had another massive one right before my 16th birthday, which almost killed her. I remember that kind of fear and then the grief I had when she died when I was 35. My thoughts are definitely with you and your friend's family.

riverside

Original Poster
I love your reports. We have a lot in common. Riverside (aka Dixie Landings) is my favorite resort and I too am a grocery store manager so I know all about the dry wrinkly hands LOL
Thank you very much!! Yes--we do have a lot in common!!
Between constantly washing them, using sanitizer & the worst, IMO, is opening boxes. Cardboard does a number on your hands!! I actually use the body butter from Basin & it helps a lot. I keep one at work so I can apply it multiple times during the day. It helps somewhat. Once spring gets here & the weather is warmer my hands won't be as dry.
And let's not talk about the havoc this job wrecks on my nails!! 🤣
I'm finally caught up with your trip report. I'm so very sorry about the loss of your friend. And 44 is so very young. I hope her daughter is handling everything as well as she can. My mom had her first heart attack around the age of 45 and had another massive one right before my 16th birthday, which almost killed her. I remember that kind of fear and then the grief I had when she died when I was 35. My thoughts are definitely with you and your friend's family.
Thank you. It really isn't fair.
Wow--so sorry to hear all that. It sounds like she was young also. Unfortunate the way things happen in life.

Songbird76

Between constantly washing them, using sanitizer & the worst, IMO, is opening boxes. Cardboard does a number on your hands!! I actually use the body butter from Basin & it helps a lot. I keep one at work so I can apply it multiple times during the day. It helps somewhat. Once spring gets here & the weather is warmer my hands won't be as dry.

Thank you. It really isn't fair.
Wow--so sorry to hear all that. It sounds like she was young also. Unfortunate the way things happen in life.
I work in a warehouse and it involves a lot of boxes and plastic bags, and you have to wash your hands a lot because they get dirty, and that also dries them out. I use Palmer's cocoa butter formula and then add just a little Vaseline Aloe lotion to make it less greasy....it helps. It's not perfect, but it does help a lot.

Disnic75

OMG Yes opening boxes IS the worst!! 🤣 Hopefully I will make it back to WDW in October and will definitely head to Basin. Until then I will settle on reading about your adventures. Carry on 🙂

LisaBelle

Hi Patti! So very sorry for your loss. You definitely made the right choice by staying at POR during your last visit. I’m sure that being “home” brought a much needed sense of comfort.
I enjoyed all of your reports. Your early morning solo visit to AK looked perfect! I’ve never been to Disney during the holidays so I loved seeing all the Christmas decor, especially at AK. I can’t believe how tall J is! Thanks so much for sharing your trip with us!

riverside

Original Poster
I work in a warehouse and it involves a lot of boxes and plastic bags, and you have to wash your hands a lot because they get dirty, and that also dries them out. I use Palmer's cocoa butter formula and then add just a little Vaseline Aloe lotion to make it less greasy....it helps. It's not perfect, but it does help a lot.
Aren't boxes the dirtiest things around?? So dusty!! If people only realized how dirty some of the boxes are that groceries are shipped in!! :jawdrop: :jawdrop:
Thanks for the tip. I may have to try that!! I will say my hands aren't perfect in the warmer months but they are definitely much better!!
hope you all had fun
We did!! Thank you very much!!
OMG Yes opening boxes IS the worst!! 🤣 Hopefully I will make it back to WDW in October and will definitely head to Basin. Until then I will settle on reading about your adventures. Carry on 🙂
Yes--especially on my knuckles. The skin is so rough it is unreal!!
I hope you do also!! I've found the best one to be the Basin Body Butter Therapy. I have had the best results with that one. So much that when I was running low I ordered a bunch online!!
Will do--I'm going to try to get a few posts in before I have to leave for work--to open more boxes!! 🤣
Hi Patti! So very sorry for your loss. You definitely made the right choice by staying at POR during your last visit. I’m sure that being “home” brought a much needed sense of comfort.
I enjoyed all of your reports. Your early morning solo visit to AK looked perfect! I’ve never been to Disney during the holidays so I loved seeing all the Christmas decor, especially at AK. I can’t believe how tall J is! Thanks so much for sharing your trip with us!
Thanks so much!! It definitely gave me a lot of comfort!!
Thank you!! It was a lot of fun. I didn't do much which was fine but really enjoyed their decorations. I feel like it's been awhile since I've been to AK at Christmas time so I was really happy to take it in!!
Isn't he though!! We were at one of my other nephews birthday party yesterday(he just turned 9) & realized that J is almost as tall as him!!
Thank you for reading!!

Songbird76

Aren't boxes the dirtiest things around?? So dusty!! If people only realized how dirty some of the boxes are that groceries are shipped in!! :jawdrop: :jawdrop:
Thanks for the tip. I may have to try that!! I will say my hands aren't perfect in the warmer months but they are definitely much better!!
Our warehouse is FILTHY. It never gets cleaned. They have custodians for just a couple of hours per night to clean the offices and the bathrooms and the breakroom, but the actual workfloor never gets cleaned. It's terrible during allergy season. People tracking in dirt and who knows what on their shoes, and the floors just never get swept or anything. It's a mess. We sell childrens clothing, so there's no food spoiling or anything, but it's really dusty. If I have to stock shelves, my hands turn almost black from all the dust on the containers. I end up washing my hands a LOT.

riverside

Original Poster
Our warehouse is FILTHY. It never gets cleaned. They have custodians for just a couple of hours per night to clean the offices and the bathrooms and the breakroom, but the actual workfloor never gets cleaned. It's terrible during allergy season. People tracking in dirt and who knows what on their shoes, and the floors just never get swept or anything. It's a mess. We sell childrens clothing, so there's no food spoiling or anything, but it's really dusty. If I have to stock shelves, my hands turn almost black from all the dust on the containers. I end up washing my hands a LOT.
Yuck!! I have to say the store I work in is very clean. It is an old store but regardless, it is clean. The boxes come dusty from the warehouse.

Songbird76

Yuck!! I have to say the store I work in is very clean. It is an old store but regardless, it is clean. The boxes come dusty from the warehouse.
Well, yes....you're dealing with food, so I would hope it was clean. We just have children's clothing....nothing edible, so it's not quite so important.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom