Tuesday, August 10th-Tuesday, August 17th

WHERE: Saratoga Springs 2 Bedroom Villa
IMG_1909.JPEG

WHO: Myself, E, JSR & J
IMG_2405.JPG

WHEN:
Thursday, September 23rd-Saturday, September 25th

WHERE: Saratoga Springs 1 Bedroom Villa
I figured a pic isn't necessary since there's the one above!!

WHO: E & myself(no J--gasp!!)
IMG_9415.JPEG

WHEN:
Thursday, October 7th-Saturday, October 9th

WHERE: Walt Disney World Swan
IMG_2906.PNG

WHO: Me, myself & I
IMG_2931.JPEG

WHEN:
Thursday, October 28th-Tuesday, November 2nd

Again, no pic needed

WHO: My niece M, J, my sister B(M's mom), E & myself
IMG_9753.JPEG

WHEN:
Thursday, November 11th-Saturday, November 13th

WHERE: Animal Kingdom Lodge
IMG_3475.JPEG

WHO:
I was traveling solo again
IMG_3507.JPEG

WHEN:
Thursday, December 2nd-Saturday, December 4th

WHERE: Home❤️
IMG_3618.JPEG

WHO: 3rd go around alone!!
IMG_3654.JPEG

So, I had lots of mixed feelings as if I even wanted to do TR's on these trips. Other than the 2 longer ones the other 4 were really just to visit with a dear friend who had just moved there(I mentioned that in my last TR). She moved from Pittsburgh to about 1/2 hour from Disney. When visiting her I chose to stay at Disney b/c for the most part I was by myself so I felt safer. Also, in my down time when I wasn't visiting her I could go to the parks "for free", so to speak, since I have an AP. I looked at that as a "free" source of entertainment.

Since I really didn't plan on doing TR's for these I don't have great notes. Most of what is going to trigger my memories will be my pictures!!

As always, a huge welcome to all who will be following along!!😘

Songbird76

WHEN:
Tuesday, August 10th-Tuesday, August 17th

View attachment 617654

WHO: Myself, E, JSR & J
View attachment 617655

WHEN:
Thursday, September 23rd-Saturday, September 25th

WHERE: Saratoga Springs 1 Bedroom Villa
I figured a pic isn't necessary since there's the one above!!

WHO: E & myself(no J--gasp!!)
View attachment 617662

WHEN:
Thursday, October 7th-Saturday, October 9th

WHERE: Walt Disney World Swan
View attachment 617656
WHO: Me, myself & I
View attachment 617657

WHEN:
Thursday, October 28th-Tuesday, November 2nd

Again, no pic needed

WHO: My niece M, J, my sister B(M's mom), E & myself
View attachment 617663

WHEN:
Thursday, November 11th-Saturday, November 13th

WHERE: Animal Kingdom Lodge
View attachment 617658

WHO:
I was traveling solo again
View attachment 617659

WHEN:
Thursday, December 2nd-Saturday, December 4th

WHERE: Home❤️
View attachment 617660

WHO: 3rd go around alone!!
View attachment 617661

So, I had lots of mixed feelings as if I even wanted to do TR's on these trips. Other than the 2 longer ones the other 4 were really just to visit with a dear friend who had just moved there(I mentioned that in my last TR). She moved from Pittsburgh to about 1/2 hour from Disney. When visiting her I chose to stay at Disney b/c for the most part I was by myself so I felt safer. Also, in my down time when I wasn't visiting her I could go to the parks "for free", so to speak, since I have an AP. I looked at that as a "free" source of entertainment.

Since I really didn't plan on doing TR's for these I don't have great notes. Most of what is going to trigger my memories will be my pictures!!

As always, a huge welcome to all who will be following along!!😘
I'm really late to the party, but you went with E and NOT J???? What did he have to say about that?? Ok...let the binge reading begin!

Read Book Club GIF

Songbird76

WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 11TH

It was time for lunch. Everyone wanted Peco's Bill. I was excited the Columbia Harbour House was finally open & wanted to get something there. I originally planned to get my food & meet everyone at Peco's Bill but then I decided just to eat it there. It was a whole heck of a lot easier that way.
View attachment 618508

How I missed the lobster roll sandwich!! It was just as good as I remembered!!
View attachment 618509

As I was going to meet the rest of the crew I noticed THIS😲 Who would let their kid do that? Then, after standing there for about 30 seconds, I realized that there was no parent around this kid. All the other guests just kept walking by like it was normal to see a kid, by himself, laying on the ground. Gotta admit, I continued on my way also. I've always heard that Disney is the safest place to lose a kid so I figured he would be just fine!!🤣
View attachment 618510

We went to Memento Mori. Way too much going on with these pants.
View attachment 618511

I thought the next 2 items were adorable!! Too bad I have a german shepherd. No way could she eat out of something that small!!
View attachment 618512

View attachment 618513

I thought this picture turned out pretty neat!!
View attachment 618514

View attachment 618515

A trip on the Peoplemover was next.
View attachment 618516

Maybe that's the dad of the kid who was laying on the ground in Liberty Square??🤔
View attachment 618517
I'm really surprised no CM had gone to check on that kid! That seems pretty bad, even in a place that is supposed to be safe.

riverside

Original Poster
The shorts were a little revealing
Just a little!!
but did the pics actually make it to A?
No, I didn't have the heart to do it. When we got back I did tell her that we were going to but didn't. Everyone in the family has seen the video & thinks it's hysterical so now she actually gets a kick out of it herself!!
That it was!!
Long time reader, first time poster. I'm really enjoying following along on your trips. Love your WDW touring style - rides, shopping, pool, good food, and drinks! You do it right!
Welcome & thanks for posting!! Thank you very much--we definitely take a more laid back approach than we used to years ago!! Hope to hear from you some more!!
So I'm feeling stupid.

I thought this was a pre-trip report and you were going to do all this in 2022!

Anyway, enjoying all your report from last year!
🤣 🤣 🤣
Don't feel stupid--I understand how this can be very confusing. Heck, you should see the paper I have sitting here next to my computer so I can keep all the dates, people, resorts etc. straight!!

Thanks so much!!
I'm really late to the party, but you went with E and NOT J???? What did he have to say about that?? Ok...let the binge reading begin!
He was a little bummed at first but he was going back soon so he was alright with it.
I'm really surprised no CM had gone to check on that kid! That seems pretty bad, even in a place that is supposed to be safe.
Right?? I was thinking about doing it but my luck the parent would have came out of nowhere & got upset for me approaching their kid. It definitely is something a CM should do as opposed to a guest.

Songbird76

Just a little!!

No, I didn't have the heart to do it. When we got back I did tell her that we were going to but didn't. Everyone in the family has seen the video & thinks it's hysterical so now she actually gets a kick out of it herself!!

That it was!!

Welcome & thanks for posting!! Thank you very much--we definitely take a more laid back approach than we used to years ago!! Hope to hear from you some more!!

🤣 🤣 🤣
Don't feel stupid--I understand how this can be very confusing. Heck, you should see the paper I have sitting here next to my computer so I can keep all the dates, people, resorts etc. straight!!

Thanks so much!!

He was a little bummed at first but he was going back soon so he was alright with it.

Right?? I was thinking about doing it but my luck the parent would have came out of nowhere & got upset for me approaching their kid. It definitely is something a CM should do as opposed to a guest.
Was there no CM in the area? Usually they are all over. I think you're right....best let a CM deal with it, but if there wasn't one there, I'd probably have done it myself, or I have the advantage of having kids myself, so I'd have sent my daughter over. She's great with kids, and it would probably be a little less frightening when it's not a fully grown adult approaching you? I'm just wondering where the parents were....I'm sure it's easy to get separated, especially on a crowded day. There's a lot going on, a lot of stimulation, and kids are good at stopping to look at something and getting swept up in all the excitement and not realize where mom and dad are...I'm sure it happens a lot. But most kids don't just lie down on the ground immediately...I would think he'd have been wandering for a while before he did that, so where were mom and dad that it took such a long time that he gave up like that? So sad. I hope it all worked out.

riverside

Original Poster
Was there no CM in the area? Usually they are all over. I think you're right....best let a CM deal with it, but if there wasn't one there, I'd probably have done it myself, or I have the advantage of having kids myself, so I'd have sent my daughter over. She's great with kids, and it would probably be a little less frightening when it's not a fully grown adult approaching you? I'm just wondering where the parents were....I'm sure it's easy to get separated, especially on a crowded day. There's a lot going on, a lot of stimulation, and kids are good at stopping to look at something and getting swept up in all the excitement and not realize where mom and dad are...I'm sure it happens a lot. But most kids don't just lie down on the ground immediately...I would think he'd have been wandering for a while before he did that, so where were mom and dad that it took such a long time that he gave up like that? So sad. I hope it all worked out.
I didn't see a CM around. I'm sure it worked out. Someone had to have noticed what was going on in short order--I would hope!

riverside

Original Poster
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 7TH

If my memory serves me correct I believe my flight was around 4:30 which means I would have had to leave work a few hours early to make it to the airport. I definitely flew with Spirit on this trip.

I went to Primanti Bros. for a late lunch.
IMG_2897.JPEG

I had the Italian Hoagie.
IMG_2898.JPEG

Yes, those are Spirit seats.
IMG_2899.JPEG

In no time at all I was in Orlando!!
IMG_2902.JPEG

Getting a reservation was extremely tough for this trip. I'm sure part of the problem was I was booking last minute. The 50th had started the week before so I'm sure that was the biggest issue!! The cheapest room I could find was at The Boardwalk & it was going to be something like $1600.00 for 2 nights!! I tried seeing if I could get anything through David's DVC rental but there was nothing available there either. Then a light bulb went off in my head. Why don't I try the Swan & Dolphin? They didn't have much available but I ended up getting a king size at the Swan. For about $800.00--half of what The Boardwalk was going to be!! And it's right next to it!! The best part was that if you applied for the Marriot credit card you got a $500.00 credit so I only ended up paying $300.00 for the room!!
IMG_2903.JPEG

The lack of Disney touches were definitely noticeable.
IMG_2904.JPEG

IMG_2905.JPEG

Some room pics....
IMG_2907.JPEG

IMG_2908.JPEG

IMG_2909.JPEG

riverside

Original Poster
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 7TH

I stepped out onto the balcony.
IMG_2921.JPEG

And this was my view!! Now I felt like I was in Disney!!
IMG_2922.JPEG

It was in a great location!!
IMG_2923.JPEG

IMG_2924.JPEG

They still have pen & paper there!!
IMG_2925.JPEG

I had made a park reservation for Epcot in the event I would have some time to go to one. I did have a little time before dinner so I walked over.
IMG_2926.JPEG

IMG_2927.JPEG

IMG_2928.JPEG

No surprise as to where I went, I'm sure!!
IMG_2929.JPEG

The traditional family photo was very lonely looking!!
IMG_2931.JPEG

riverside

Original Poster
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 7TH

I headed out of Epcot after my visit to Rose & Crown. I saw this on the way out. How cute!!
IMG_2932.JPEG

I thought this was nice!!
IMG_2933.JPEG

Hi Yacht Club!!
IMG_2934.JPEG

Some Boardwalk shots.
IMG_2935.JPEG

IMG_2936.JPEG

I noticed that this bar was closed.
IMG_2937.JPEG

It was time for dinner!!
IMG_2938.JPEG

I enjoyed what I was seeing for about the whole 5 seconds that I was able to see it.
IMG_2939.JPEG

In no time at all they seated me here.....
IMG_2940.JPEG

In a room, all by myself....
IMG_2941.JPEG

riverside

Original Poster
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 7TH

I felt like I was being punished for something!!
IMG_2942.JPEG

It was very awkward!!
IMG_2943.JPEG

I was going to order a half bottle of wine but they were out of the one I wanted.
IMG_2944.JPEG

The complimentary appetizer they give. I can't remember what it is but it was good.
IMG_2945.JPEG

IMG_2946.JPEG

IMG_2948.JPEG

My waitress talked me into a full bottle of this. It was very good. She told me that I could take with me what I didn't finish.
IMG_2949.JPEG

Not sure why I took a second picture. Maybe b/c it was all I had to look at!!
IMG_2950.JPEG

I had the Spaghetti Carbonara. It wasn't bad but the dish I get at The Cheesecake Factory is better than this was!!
IMG_2952.JPEG

Off to bed I went!!
IMG_2954.JPEG

riverside

Original Poster
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 8TH

I figured I would try to get a boarding group & hoped that I would get a time that worked out for my schedule. Unfortunately, this did not.
IMG_2956.PNG

I headed out for my breakfast reservation.
IMG_2957.JPEG

IMG_2958.JPEG

IMG_2959.JPEG

I was eating at Trattoria al Forno for the first time!! And they seated me with other forms of human life!!
IMG_2960.JPEG

I had the Caprese Omelet with bacon. It was AMAZING!!
IMG_2961.JPEG

Some juice to go!!
IMG_2963.JPEG

Breakfast was at 7:30. I was out of there in no time at all. I had a few hours before I was going to visit my friend so I headed over to Epcot for a bit.

20 minutes. Why not?
IMG_2964.JPEG

IMG_2967.JPEG

IMG_2979.JPG

riverside

Original Poster
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 8TH

I will spare you the photographic evidence but when I got off of Frozen my backside was soaking wet!!

Ugh....
IMG_2970.JPEG

Anna was out.
IMG_2971.JPEG

IMG_2974.JPEG

The wait for Soarin' was low so I hopped on there!!
IMG_2975.JPEG

IMG_2976.JPEG

LWTL was a walk on so I went on that next.
IMG_2980.JPEG

Saw Pooh on my way out!!
IMG_2982.JPEG

With that it was time for me to leave Epcot. I headed back to the Swan & caught a Lyft to go visit my friend. So, the day before they had closed on their new house!! The primary reason for this trip was to help clean the house before their belongings(which were in Pittsburgh in storage) arrived the next day. Not much work needed to be done though. The previous owners left the house darn near spotless!! It was amazing. It was still nice to do our own cleaning though!!

On my way back I got the notification that my boarding group had expired. That's ok, there's always next time!!
IMG_2986.PNG

Last edited:

riverside

Original Poster
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 8TH

I wanted to stop at The Poly for a beverage. Surprisingly, they allowed the Lyft driver to drop me off at the resort.
IMG_2987.JPEG

IMG_2989.JPEG

IMG_2990.JPEG

IMG_2994.PNG

It was getting dark & it looked like rain was coming. My server told me if it started to rain they couldn't serve guests anymore. We could still sit there but we would have to go up & order our drinks. I guess for safety reasons they don't want them out in the rain.
IMG_2995.JPEG

IMG_2996.JPEG

IMG_2999.JPEG

IMG_3001.JPEG

I decided to pop in MK for a bit. I ended up changing my mind pretty quickly. I don't know what was going on but when I went to get off the monorail there were tons of people on the platform & it looked like total chaos. I put one foot on the ground then changed my mind & brought it right back in. My guess is everyone was hanging out there under cover from the rain.
IMG_3002.PNG

Next time MK!!
IMG_3004.JPEG

riverside

Original Poster
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 8TH

With MK out of the question I decided to stop at The Enchanted Rose.
IMG_3007.JPEG

I love their martinis!!
IMG_3008.JPEG

IMG_3009.JPEG

I decided to catch a bus to HS. The time kept changing later & later. I finally gave up. HS closed at 9. By the time I would get there it would be time to leave.
IMG_3010.JPEG

Back to the monorail I went.
IMG_3012.JPEG

And back to Epcot. That's 3 times in this short trip!!
IMG_3014.JPEG

IMG_3018.JPEG

IMG_3024.JPEG

I was a bit hungry so I got the Roasted Irish Sausage. It was just ok. Not something I would get again.
IMG_3026.JPEG

IMG_3028.JPEG

riverside

Original Poster
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 8TH

When in Rome....
IMG_3029.JPEG

IMG_3030.JPEG

Cheers!!
IMG_3032.JPEG

I can't believe it. I actually watched Harmonious!! Probably b/c I could walk back to the resort & didn't have to worry about crowded buses!!
IMG_3033.JPEG

I thought it started out good but then I was pretty much totally lost.
IMG_3034.JPEG

IMG_3035.JPEG

Having lost interest I went into Rose & Crown to get a beer for the walk back!!
IMG_3037.JPEG

IMG_3038.JPEG

IMG_3039.JPEG

SATURDAY, OCTOBER 9TH

Nothing really exciting this day. The car service was picking me up at 8:30. I stopped at Ruby Tuesday's for breakfast. I flew home & went straight to work & was there by 2:30!!
IMG_3044.JPEG

riverside

Original Poster
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 28TH

Of course I would get a room ready text in the morning when our flight wasn't leaving Pittsburgh until 6:50 that evening!!
IMG_3063.PNG

It worked out well for my sister B & her daughter M. They were taking a 5:30 am flight so I forwarded her the text & they were able to go right to the room.

M was excited about this bed!!
IMG_3670.JPEG

They spent the day at HS while E & I were still working & J was in school.
IMG_3179.JPG

IMG_3180.JPG

On a side note, remember JC from the July trip? B is his mom!!
IMG_3181.JPG

I was leaving work & got this text. There was no sense in waiting to leave for the airport b/c the traffic would only get worse so we still left when J got home from school like we planned.
IMG_3069.PNG

Oh yay!! They moved it up to 7:38 then it went to 8:19😞
IMG_3070.PNG

And 8:19 is where it stayed.....
IMG_3071.PNG

E parked the car while J & I took in the luggage.
IMG_3072.JPEG

Then he & I headed through security.
IMG_3073.JPEG

riverside

Original Poster
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 28TH

IMG_3075.JPEG

We went to Penn Brewery for dinner.
IMG_3078.JPEG

IMG_3080.JPEG

J wanted to get a few macaroons.
IMG_3081.JPEG

He got this joke book in the gift shop.
IMG_3083.JPEG

I needed some coffee. I was freezing!!
IMG_3084.JPEG

One of my former team members works at the airport. I texted him to see if he was around. He came over to our gate to say hello!!
IMG_3086.JPEG

Instead of reading the safety instructions he went for the joke book!!
IMG_3088.JPEG

IMG_3090.JPEG

Bad picture but you know I was watching SVU!!
IMG_3091.PNG

riverside

Original Poster
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 29TH

I headed out early for a walk.
IMG_3092.JPEG

I saw this on an FB post. It made me think that I should see if our resort was doing anything for Halloween so I headed to the main building to inquire.
IMG_3093.PNG

It was still pretty early in the morning.
IMG_3094.JPEG

I took the next two pictures & sent them to R. He wished he was there!!
IMG_3095.JPEG

IMG_3096.JPEG

It was pretty quiet in the lobby.
IMG_3098.JPEG

When I inquired the CM told me that they did have activities going on but that was her last paper so I would have to take a picture of it!!
IMG_3099.JPEG

I headed back to the room to get ready for the day.
IMG_3100.JPEG

In no time at all we were on our way....
IMG_3101.JPEG

....to MK!!
IMG_3102.JPEG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom