2013 Shareholders Meeting: Game Thread

FigmentJedi

So it was a real-life version of that Planet Express Stockholder's meeting from that 80s Guy episode of Futurama?

tumblr_lj5d3seQ0p1qepmyjo1_1280.jpg

“I move that everyone come to my apartment and snuggle my cat.”
“…Second.”
“I move that your cat stinks and is ugly.”
“…Second.”

RSoxNo1

Original Poster
Screw that.. if you go organize and swarm the mics with multiple people. There are multiple mics and they rotate through.. so as an individual you can't really take the stage so to speak. But get organized with a group of people... have your list of question.. and have a group for EACH mic stand.. and multiples in each group. Then have your agenda of questions read by whomever gets to the mic first.. and each person works their way down the list.

If you were to take every mic stand.. they would have a very hard time avoiding your list :)
Alright, where's the 2014 meeting being held?

WDWFanDave

Don't forget.. this castle has already been shown to be unlike any other castle.. with actual large spaces inside. It is very much has a lot more visual mass than previous ones.. and is a lot more block-y up much of it's height due to the interior spaces.

Now that you mention it, I think I do remember seeing more info on it here somewhere. Does seem huge in that picture, though, in relation to the scale of the other things. Might just be the picture and the way it's on my screen.

AVPTI

No, but I don't see other companies selling shares as if they were merch.

They don't advertise their stock, some fans are obsessed to the point where the only thing they don't own, is stock. So they buy like 5 shares.

There is nothing they can do to prevent fans from buying stock.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
This is what happened when Disney stopped holding them near WDW or DL or NE/NYC and started spreading them all over.

First, you get more of those Heartland fans (yes, that's a knock and I'll let the comments we heard speak for themselves) and weirdos and less people who are cast or in areas directly affected by Disney's policies or Wall Street types. You also have thousands of guests when you are having the event next door to WDW or DL, while they have small facilities in most of these cities.

Disney has held only one shareholder meeting in the Iger years in Anaheim (The Pond his first year) and NONE in O-Town.

They want to get the wackjobs and not the folks who have brains and issues that need addressing. It's typical smarmy Disney. Pass the Pixie Dust!

Hey, I'm a heartland fan.

WDW1974

One of these days I'd like to get to one of these things and ask a question.

I've gone to many, but never asked a question during the General Q&A session. A Spirited sibling led off the 1995 meeting with a question on succession (since Frank Wells had just died) and Michael didn't exactly love the question at all. But after the meeting, folks were coming up to him and telling him that was the best/most-important question asked. And about a year later, Michael told him that it was a very fair question.

You treat the CEO with respect, but you don't treat him like he is better than you or more important etc. You gotta ask what needs asking.

Any of the Disney Lifestylers go out there? (probably not since they'd have to actually pay their own way)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom