2013 Shareholders Meeting: Game Thread

WDW1974

One of the folks on the mike today was a prominent member of a fan podcast connected to a rival fan site who OF COURSE had nothing but praise for his idol, Magic Mike. Didn't even ask a question, just wanted to fawn over the boss man. Kinda sad, really.

Who and what podcast?

WDW1974

If "Made in America" really matters to the guy with 3000 trading pins, why does he still have them?

I guess that's the price of addiction. Trading his principles for trading pins. ;)

Yeah, well I bet you'll use those new-fangled Tangled toilets no matter where they were built ...

By the way if you're in Boca Raton and about to take a swim in the ocean: DON'T _---- SHARKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WDW1974

Screw that.. if you go organize and swarm the mics with multiple people. There are multiple mics and they rotate through.. so as an individual you can't really take the stage so to speak. But get organized with a group of people... have your list of question.. and have a group for EACH mic stand.. and multiples in each group. Then have your agenda of questions read by whomever gets to the mic first.. and each person works their way down the list.

If you were to take every mic stand.. they would have a very hard time avoiding your list :)

I REALLY hate agreeing with Flynn on anything!!! ... But he is quite right here. That is how you get your questions heard and it will work. I've seen it done at meetings.

WDW1974

SirLink

Well, the questions were terrible...
But look! They have distracted us with a shiny new (purposefully vague) photo of a model of the Shanghai park.
Ooooooooo.....
View attachment 28673

I do like how they are afraid to show other areas of park especially Pirates Flume:With extra huge Keira Knightley head...I do wonder why.

Also regarding these "shareholders" do you have to be there to ask a question?

WDW1974

Now that you mention it, I think I do remember seeing more info on it here somewhere. Does seem huge in that picture, though, in relation to the scale of the other things. Might just be the picture and the way it's on my screen.

Castle will be very large with multiple levels, dining, retail, meet and greets and a boat ride all part of it ... it will be unlike any castle they have built before. It should be quite beautiful.

RandySavage

I do like how they are afraid to show other areas of park especially Pirates Flume:With extra huge Keira Knightley head...I do wonder why.

Being careful not to over-promise anything at this point, for one.

The central gardens model (there are hi-res pics of it released) closely matches the leaked plans:

n.UXi0Hx6cDl6u4fj5LwdQ.jpg

Questions for those in-the-know on SDL:

What is the large showbuilding in the northwest of Fantasyland?

This plan has Toy Story Playland, but I believe that has (thankfully) been dropped from the plan (HK has Asia exclusivity until November 2016 - Park slated to open in late 2015; dropped from massing model).

WDW1974

Questions for those in-the-know on SDL:

What is the large showbuilding in the northwest of Fantasyland?

This plan has Toy Story Playland, but I believe that has (thankfully) been dropped from the plan (HK has Asia exclusivity until November 2016 - Park slated to open in late 2015; dropped from massing model).

Not sure on the showbuilding. It may be used for a stage show or an attraction. ... I doubt tht TSP has been dropped, although it was slipped in late. It could be something that opens in 2016 or beyond and not on opening.

Magenta Panther

I'm tempted to buy some Disney stock (although my financial planner thinks it's a BAD idea) just to get in on one of those meetings. Even if I don't get asked a question, I can wave a placard reading "Save The Yeti!" or something like that. Something that would at least get in the press, if not in Iger's thick skull.

MarkTwain

Iger forgot about Winnie the Pooh saying the last 2D animated film was Princess and the Frog
Yikes. I bet the hundreds of animators who worked on Pooh loved that. No wonder Disney shafted the film so much and gave it the same opening weekend as Harry Potter 7 Part 2... not even the CEO cared it existed.

Now that you mention it, I think I do remember seeing more info on it here somewhere. Does seem huge in that picture, though, in relation to the scale of the other things. Might just be the picture and the way it's on my screen.
The scale of it looks weird compared to everything else...

The main problem with it, at a glance, is how it meets the ground. They could have found a much more graceful way of dealing with a building of even that size, instead of just elevating the ground around it 20 feet and plopping a castle on top of it, like a wedding cake on a cakestand.

See Disneyland Paris' castle as precedent... get the terrain involved in the design, build a portion of a hill and have the castle built into it, meeting the ground partially at ground level and partially elevated, creating a more organic effect. But I guess you can't expect Imagineers to remember tricks from Disneyland Paris when you've fired all of the people that worked on it, eh?

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
If someone asked a serious question about why WDW is in the state it's in, they would have been booed out of the buiding. There's no doubt in my mind that these people are marks, intentional on their part or not. This is the way these meetings always go down. I'm glad I didn't waste my time following it... THIS TIME ;)

Well, since l lost my shareholder meeting virginity, I found it quite entertaining. I've actually been laughing as different parts of it have come back whilst I've been doing other things. Of course, the content was awful and depressing..........

jt04

Surprised it was not mentioned today the news Steve broke of the new FotLK theater being built now so Pandora can get underway on the former CMM plot.

Heh.

WDW1974

Surprised it was not mentioned today the news Steve broke of the new FotLK theater being built now so Pandora can get underway on the former CMM plot.

Heh.

Ah, Frank. Hope you are well, buddy. ... Steve didn't really break that news. It's been out for awhile that the new theater is being built near Tusker House.

But that doesn't make Pandora a done deal at all.

Did I miss The Sheriff talking about all the big plans for it and showing art today in Phoenix?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom