2013 Shareholders Meeting: Game Thread

TalkingHead

This year was actually pretty level headed compared to some of the disturbing people I've heard ask questions in past years. The Pin guy was the worst we had this year in the category of so obsessed it makes you cringe.

These meetings are little about actual business and more about fawning.. so sad.

I was really thinking of the Iowa lady who wrote a book about Mr. Toad and Donald Duck (huh?!) and wanted permission to give the book to the company (double huh?!).

Sure, they'll take your book, lady.

And promptly throw it in the trash.

(To be fair, they might thumb through it and laugh before they throw it away.)

WDW1974

This was my first and last TWDC shareholder meeting I've listened to. I've never experienced such a meeting.

This is what happened when Disney stopped holding them near WDW or DL or NE/NYC and started spreading them all over.

First, you get more of those Heartland fans (yes, that's a knock and I'll let the comments we heard speak for themselves) and weirdos and less people who are cast or in areas directly affected by Disney's policies or Wall Street types. You also have thousands of guests when you are having the event next door to WDW or DL, while they have small facilities in most of these cities.

Disney has held only one shareholder meeting in the Iger years in Anaheim (The Pond his first year) and NONE in O-Town.

They want to get the wackjobs and not the folks who have brains and issues that need addressing. It's typical smarmy Disney. Pass the Pixie Dust!

Monsterfan99

Obsessed pin collector, a kid with mentally ill parents, someone who wonders about a cartoon charter that stopped being relivant during the depression, a woman wanting to give her book to a company, a cast member & far right winger questioning the media stance of a sports station? Sounds like a cast for a bad anti-disney short on youtube, not the folks representing shareholders asking questions.

dagobert

This is what happened when Disney stopped holding them near WDW or DL or NE/NYC and started spreading them all over.

First, you get more of those Heartland fans (yes, that's a knock and I'll let the comments we heard speak for themselves) and weirdos and less people who are cast or in areas directly affected by Disney's policies or Wall Street types. You also have thousands of guests when you are having the event next door to WDW or DL, while they have small facilities in most of these cities.

Disney has held only one shareholder meeting in the Iger years in Anaheim (The Pond his first year) and NONE in O-Town.

They want to get the wackjobs and not the folks who have brains and issues that need addressing. It's typical smarmy Disney. Pass the Pixie Dust!

I see. I know Disney is a huge company and can't be compared to the "small" companies' meetings I usually attend, but they are always in the city of the headquarter. And usually all the questions are asked by people of the bank business and not by "fans".

dupac

Wow. Are these questions reviewed before they get asked or do you get to ask whatever you want? Either way, it's not increasing my faith in humanity.

We need to infiltrate the next meeting in disguises with bogus questions about vinylmation and the like only to hit it em where it hurts once we've got the mic.

flynnibus

Premium Member
One of these days I'd like to get to one of these things and ask a question.

Screw that.. if you go organize and swarm the mics with multiple people. There are multiple mics and they rotate through.. so as an individual you can't really take the stage so to speak. But get organized with a group of people... have your list of question.. and have a group for EACH mic stand.. and multiples in each group. Then have your agenda of questions read by whomever gets to the mic first.. and each person works their way down the list.

If you were to take every mic stand.. they would have a very hard time avoiding your list :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom