2013 Shareholders Meeting: Game Thread

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Flynn and 74 agreed on something. Uh, I gotta run to the store and stock up on supplies cause this has got to be one of the 7 signs of the apocalypse. Got my fingers crossed for a zombie one. ;-)

That homeless guy did have his face eaten a little while back. They suspected some serious drugs, but it could have been a zombie. It could be happening;)

Genie of the Lamp

Gotta admit, it was nice to see everyone agree on how bad the shareholder meeting was and see everyone agree with one another in regards to the criteria covered in the meeting. This was a once in a blue moon thing so we should put this in the record books. So, who's ready for the 2014 shareholder's meeting?;)

twebber55

Gotta admit, it was nice to see everyone agree on how bad the shareholder meeting was and see everyone agree with one another in regards to the criteria covered in the meeting. This was a once in a blue moon thing so we should put this in the record books. So, who's ready for the 2014 shareholder's meeting?;)
yeah i cant believe no one asked about avatar, carsland coming to dhs, or expanded star wars at dhs...nope gotta ask about coffee....i can only imagine what iger is thinking when these people ask these questions

Genie of the Lamp

yeah i cant believe no one asked about avatar, carsland coming to dhs, or expanded star wars at dhs...nope gotta ask about coffee....i can only imagine what iger is thinking when these people ask these questions

Don't forget the guy with 3,000 Disney and Shareholder pins.:p My response question for him would be "Why don't you have 3,001 pins yet sir"? Yeah no avatar. Although Carsland was mentioned but it was the one in DCA. Star Wars was mentioned as well but it was only about the upcoming movies. These are the kinds of people who read the Parks Blog too much. Iger just like "wow, some shareholders these are, let's just find people like these from now on and if it looks like someone is going to bring up a serious question will cut the chord and get on my private jet back to Burbank". Of course, let's try to be opptimistic here and hope for D23 announcements in August.

Captain Chaos

The planets are aligned which only proves the end of days are near...

SirLink

unfortunately, there isn't any ...

and some of us like @Lee intend to be at SDL on opening day and do care about the park and what it means for TWDC.

Oh is @Lee wanting to get up and personal to huge AA face of Keira Knightley? Oh or how about the Tron ride with less theming than Space Mountain...or *shock* have they approved more money... or has the BoD realised that Iger's intent of showing up Eisner is going to cost them more down the line.

freediverdude

I think we need a consortium of people from the popular Disney blogs/forums to go to these meetings. These nut cases/plants who seek out going to the meetings aren't going to ask the real questions.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Clearly the prohibition on bringing politics to these forums depends less on what you say and much more on who you are, and up whose butt you have your nose.
I think you are wrong, since almost all political discussion has been cleansed from this thread.

rael ramone

Is it possible that they could just put planters on Discovery Island between "Island Mercantile" and "Pizzafari" and "forget" about Camp Minnie Mickey altogether?

Is there any way that they could save money by doing this?
- They lose two snack bars (Campfire Treats and Camp Kiosk)
+ They don't have to pay people to work in those two snack bars
+ Could they employ less cleaners/CMs, or pay the CMs they have less because there will be less cleaning to do? (do cleaners get paid by the hour?)

Maybe it will turn to Festival space? Or maybe even executive parking?

disneyeater

If you guys are annoyed by this meeting with no good questions asked about the parks, I can only imagine how an actual investor in this company feels. Was there even one question that had anything to do with economics or that had anything that would relate to the future value of the company stock?

rael ramone

2 more questions... first one from an 8 year old who's been to 5 shareholder meetings.

What's more imporant for a Disney movie, what critics say or what kid's say?

I can picture this:

Iger: What's your name

kid: Joey

Iger: How many shares do you have Joey?

kid: (sheepishly) 5

Iger: You know Joey, that's 5 more vested shares than I have...

GrumpyFan

I think next year we should have a thread or poll going of top questions to ask at the shareholders Q&A, this way if anybody from here goes, they have a cheat sheet, so to speak, of what the community is most interested in knowing about. Of course, the chances are slim at being picked for them to answer your question, but nonetheless, it might be better than what happened this year if by chance one of us actually did get picked.

MattM

If you guys are annoyed by this meeting with no good questions asked about the parks, I can only imagine how an actual investor in this company feels. Was there even one question that had anything to do with economics or that had anything that would relate to the future value of the company stock?

Not one.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom