1900 Park Fare vs. Cinderella's Royal Table

WDWmazprty

Original Poster
Which, in your opinion is better and why? We're planing on taking DD to 1900 Park Fare, but heard Cinderellas Royal Table was very nice and also requires 2 DDP table service credits. Is it worth it, or will 1900 be good enough???

CAPTAIN HOOK

I've never done CRT but read reports on here how its not worth the expense - its nice but value for money is poor.

1900 PF breakfast - we did this on Dec 31st and had a great time. The food was good (for a buffet) and the characters were great

Lee

Adventurer
Character meal killed Cinderella's Royal Table.:fork:

Stupid character meals......:mad:

Never been to 1900 Park Fare.

happymom52003

We've done both and prefer the experience at CRT by far.

We've had breakfast, lunch and dinner at CRT. Our favorite was lunch followed by breakfast. We did not enjoy our food at dinner as much, but we still enjoyed the atmosphere.

We thought the food at 1900 was okay (we've only been to dinner). I'm glad we did it once, but we probably will not do it again unless they change the characters.

Ideally I'd say try them both out, but if you can only pick one I would do CRT, especially if she wants to meet more princesses.

I've always been baffled at how many people do not like CRT. It is one of our favorite places (for lunch and breakfast) on property.

Not only do we think the food is good, but the experience of eating in the castle is great, especially if you get lucky and end up with a table overlooking Fantasy Land. What little girl would not want to eat in Cinderella's castle? You should do it for her at least once!

Another option for you is the princess meals at Akershus at Epcot, but we still like CRT better than that. However, I did like Akershus (breakfast) much better than 1900.

WDWmazprty

Original Poster
We've done both and prefer the experience at CRT by far.

We've had breakfast, lunch and dinner at CRT. Our favorite was lunch followed by breakfast. We did not enjoy our food at dinner as much, but we still enjoyed the atmosphere.

We thought the food at 1900 was okay (we've only been to dinner). I'm glad we did it once, but we probably will not do it again unless they change the characters.

Ideally I'd say try them both out, but if you can only pick one I would do CRT, especially if she wants to meet more princesses.

I've always been baffled at how many people do not like CRT. It is one of our favorite places (for lunch and breakfast) on property.

Not only do we think the food is good, but the experience of eating in the castle is great, especially if you get lucky and end up with a table overlooking Fantasy Land.

Another option for you is the princess meals at Akershus at Epcot, but we still like CRT better than that. However, I did like Akershus (breakfast) much better than 1900.

We're actually doing Akershus as well on another day for dinner. Thanks!:wave:

KingStefan

You have to do CRT once for b'fast of lunch - it's a truly unique experience. The food is pretty good, but there are limited choices. I don't know much about the dinner. It's a bit different from b'fast or lunch, as it's not a "princess" meal, but I hear that the Fairy Godmother and sometimes the mice make an appearance of some kind.

I've been to 1900 PF only for b'fast, but the value was good. Lots of variety, and good character interaction. I've never been for dinner, and anything I've heard about it was before it became "Cinderella's Happily Ever After Dinner". At the old buffet, reports on the food were good, though.

They're two entirely different places. In general, if you're going just for the food, I think that 1900 PF will be a better value. However, as I've said, you have to do CRT at least once because it's so special.

TxStateMouse

Good question! Ok, I am torn on this, in my opinion the food is better at 1900 Park Fare. The environment is great, the characters are great, it's well worth it. And the GF...well it's just beautiful.

However, there is just nothing like eating in the Castle. To look out and see Fantasyland, to be actually dining in the castle is amazing. The food was great here too, I know others have had a less than great experience, but the salmon was great and the dessert was to die for! And I think kids (young and old) will ALWAYS remember dinner in THE castle. I am taking a first timer in September and I asked her what she would like most and she said Castle, hands down.

Just my .02 :)

KingStefan

IMO, the food at the castle is first class. The problem is that the selection is so limited, that some people end up eating something they didn't really want. And I think that's where much of the source of dissatisfaction comes from.

coltow

IMHO If you have little girls CRT experience is much better for breakfast and lunch. I have 2 boys and prefer the dinner as it really isn't "princessy." I will say though that we enjoyed the food at both places for breakfast and dinner however we thought the selction is WAY better at 1900. So it really depends on if you want to use the 2 credits or not.

epcotWSC

Book a reservation at CRT for around 8:30PM. By the time you get in, take your picture with Cinderella and then get to your table and eat, it'll be about time for Wishes and you can enjoy the show from in there which is awesome and a whole new experience. It's best if you're a party of two because you get to sit right next to the window.

wdwmomof3

We love 1900 Park Fare, but we have never been to CRT. The menu is limited there and I have very picky eaters. With that and the fact that it takes two credits, I didn't do it. I want to try it sometime though. :)

yankspy

Character meal killed Cinderella's Royal Table.:fork:

Stupid character meals......:mad:

Never been to 1900 Park Fare.
Agreed. I remember the days when it was just a plain TS restaurant and you could have a nice quiet meal there.

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Which, in your opinion is better and why? We're planing on taking DD to 1900 Park Fare, but heard Cinderellas Royal Table was very nice and also requires 2 DDP table service credits. Is it worth it, or will 1900 be good enough???

If you want to go to dinner, Cinderella is no longer at the castle for dinner. She is however at 1900 Park Fare for dinner, along with prince charming, ugly step sisters, and step mother. It is very fun and it is only 1 TS. We were there for Thanksgiving dinner this past year.

I have also done the Royal Table - that was when she was at dinner. She is at the Castle for Breakfast and Lunch, and yes, I think it is also worth it. Every girls dream - no matter how old. My suggestion would be that you take her at an age that she will remember it forever. It's really special. Then it is worth the 2 TS.

Enjoy!!

ThinkTink721

We have done 1900 Park Fare 3 times for dinner & it was great each time...especially now that the stepmother & stepsisters are there.

We have done CRT for breakfast twice & it was great too (both times we paid for this one out of pocket for my daughter & me in order to use our dining credits for other meals).
I have to say, it was truly magical to eat in the castle while you overlook Fantasyland in the MK.

:wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom