“Something major” coming to DHS???

mikejs78

Premium Member
AFAIK the working concept was a sort of anti-Fantasyland (in the style of "new" Fantasyland / Fantasyland Forest)... a dark, skewed village outpost where different characters had set up shop, with at least one castle looming in the distance.

1000006378.png

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The movies "the Descendants" are extremely popular with young viewers, so explain to me how a Villains land will not work?
Because you're not that villainous if you're in love with one of the good guys and you have a boy band/girl band back up group singing about how you'll get what you want until you decide maybe you shouldn't because you really like one of the good guys.

So evil!!!

TeriofTerror

Because you're not that villainous if you're in love with one of the good guys and you have a boy band/girl band back up group singing about how you'll get what you want until you decide maybe you shouldn't because you really like one of the good guys.

So evil!!!
Really? In my experience, the most surefire way to be the villain is to have the audacity to be in love with the good guy when you're not the established heroine. 🤣

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Iger did mention wanting to use current IP (and specifically said that no IP or old IP wasn't a worthwhile investment), and a Villains land would almost by necessity rely on older IP. Disney doesn't really have many (any?) memorable villains that would work well in a villains land from this century

Dr. Facilier... conspicuously missing from TBA... would be prime to lead a "new" Villians land... couple him with Yzma/Kronk, Bowler Hat Guy, and Mother Gothel and I think you could have a solid group! (Though personally. I feel it would still be lacking without Malificent)

Brer Oswald

Dr. Facilier... conspicuously missing from TBA... would be prime to lead a "new" Villians land... couple him with Yzma/Kronk, Bowler Hat Guy, and Mother Gothel and I think you could have a solid group! (Though personally. I feel it would still be lacking without Malificent)
Disney is deathly afraid of including any sort of fear factor/villainy in their animation based attractions. Seems like that is saved exclusively for the Star Wars and Marvel stuff now (and even in the latter case, that's no gurantee: see Web Slingers).

TheIceBaron

I feel like whatever major expansion they add to DHS will be geared more to kids. I still think there isn’t enough for young ones to do at that park. So I don’t think they would put villains there.

Hate to say it but I could easily see them cloning the World of Frozen and just dump it where animation courtyard is and call it a day. I think the IP princesses print so much money that they think there should be a major princess (or equivalent like Encanto) presence in almost every park.

I think that’s the direction they are going for DHS but I will forgive them if they just give me a Star Wars dinner show with an animatronic Jabba the Hut.

Club Cooloholic

Maleficent used to be found doing random meet and greets at HS, sometimes near the old streets of New York, often around the Tower of Terror. Does she still appear anywhere there?

Brer Panther

Hate to say it but I could easily see them cloning the World of Frozen and just dump it where animation courtyard is and call it a day.
What would that mean for Frozen Ever After?

Actually, y'know what, they'd probably just keep it. I wouldn't put it past 'em to have two Frozen attractions in two different parks (heck, they already do).

mysto

The "Villain Land" concept has been armchair-imagineered for so long, it's grown to a Beastley Kingdomme-like mythos. Lovely material for a coffee table book, but impossible to meet expectations as a real place.

If an Imagineer were to take this on there's a chance they would get NO credit for it. Half the internet would proclaim "that's my idea". That's no way for an ambitious Imagineer to put their stamp on a major project.

This may contribute more to the unattractiveness of this project than we realize.

UNCgolf

What would that mean for Frozen Ever After?

Actually, y'know what, they'd probably just keep it. I wouldn't put it past 'em to have two Frozen attractions in two different parks (heck, they already do).

I think they'd have to retheme Frozen Ever After because it and Frozen Journey are too similar -- they even have the exact same scene. Frozen Journey is obviously better, so FEA would stop being any kind of draw for EPCOT.

But I don't think they're going to put World of Frozen into DHS.

EDIT: Actually I guess World of Frozen would mean the upgraded version of Frozen Ever After rather than Frozen Journey, so even moreso that they'd have to get rid of EPCOT FEA.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom