“Something major” coming to DHS???

DisneyDean97

AFAIK the working concept was a sort of anti-Fantasyland (in the style of "new" Fantasyland / Fantasyland Forest)... a dark, skewed village outpost where different characters had set up shop, with at least one castle looming in the distance.
This sounds like a perfect idea, and probably the only way a villain land would work.

James Alucobond

A misinterpretation of Maelstom's history and my post.

Wanting the pavilion to be about Norway again is not the same as saying I want the exact same ride/movie from 1988.
I liked Maelstrom better too, but it’s just not happening. The ride will not be Norway-focused unless some seismic changes occur. I am also unsure how it’s a misrepresentation of its history; I remember walking on it over and over and over again even in the 90s.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It's big, and the number is safe. They haven't pulled back funding.

Somewhere, a group of execs are pacing around a conference room table... dropping beans on project printouts.

There are only so many beans.
It’s just a marker number…trust it at your peril

If the low WDIs are full in on that being a guarantee…they’re setting themselves to look stupid as usual
wasn't the final number closer to 17B for WDW....to be split up between 4 parks and resorts.... and not necessarily attractions..... So honestly we could be looking at a very small number for actual attraction expansion and development.....
It’s also not guaranteed to go to anything people crave…could be mostly just update and infrastructure stuff

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I liked Maelstrom better too, but it’s just not happening. The ride will not be Norway-focused unless some seismic changes occur. I am also unsure how it’s a misrepresentation of its history; I remember walking on it over and over and over again even in the 90s.
Because there were slow days then when the parks were built for growth

Hasn’t been that way for awhile

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
There are still walk-on rides at EPCOT. If FEA were still the Maelstrom (or something different of about the same level with a strict Norway focus), it would not draw the wait times of FEA even with today's crowds.
It wouldn’t have as many - for sure - but the line problem also means it inflates not in demand rides.

Is ratatouille a 90 minute wait caliber ride? No
Test track sure as hell isn’t one…

…and yet…

James Alucobond

It wouldn’t have as many - for sure - but the line problem also means it inflates not in demand rides.

Is ratatouille a 90 minute wait caliber ride? No
Test track sure as hell isn’t one…

…and yet…
I ... didn't say any of this wasn't the case. I just said that they're not reverting FEA to a ride (or thematic style of ride) that had significantly less demand even adjusted for ops differences.

mickEblu

They almost certainly would, even though it probably wouldn't happen quickly.

It would be a redundant attraction with very little demand.

So you think if they brought Frozen Journey to DLR they would “have to” get rid of FEA at Epcot? Or do you mean if they brought FJ to WDW which would never happen as FEA already exists. You said “US parks” but regardless there is no scenario where I can see FJ going to Disney World.

Chef idea Mickey`=

So you think if they brought Frozen Journey to DLR they would “have to” get rid of FEA at Epcot? Or do you mean if they brought FJ to WDW which would never happen as FEA already exists. You said “US parks” but regardless there is no scenario where I can see FJ going to Disney World.
I do not see FJ happening, unless it's like FEA but modified so it's a bit different but definitely not exact as Japan. If any ride comes to DLR, they will not remove the one at WDW. Both coasts need a Frozen ride.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I ... didn't say any of this wasn't the case. I just said that they're not reverting FEA to a ride (or thematic style of ride) that had significantly less demand even adjusted for ops differences.
Of course they’re not.

But the original sin still remains: it should never have been put there.

Two other parks for that.

And now we look forward to more cartoon rides in the showcase…which isn’t what it should be.

The good news is they’re likely never to do anything…so at least the damage is “contained”…so to speak

James Alucobond

Maelstrom ALWAYS had a long wait. Every time I was there. I never once walked on, unless I had a Fastpass. But the rest of my family hated it, so we very rarely rode.
In the 90s, I vividly recall riding it, noping out of the educational video at the end by gunning for the exit doors before they shut, and then hopping back into a barely-there queue many times in a row.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
In the 90s, I vividly recall riding it, noping out of the educational video at the end by gunning for the exit doors before they shut, and then hopping back into a barely-there queue many times in a row.
Maelstrom often had a 45 minute wait through the early 00s.

But not always. But as I said earlier: there were slow days where NOTHING had a wait. And those days were glorious. And they don’t allow them anymore. Sad really

These pathways in recent weeks/months/year are ghost towns…and they’re showing 90 minute waits.

You do the math

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I do not see FJ happening, unless it's like FEA but modified so it's a bit different but definitely not exact as Japan. If any ride comes to DLR, they will not remove the one at WDW. Both coasts need a Frozen ride.
Nah…they really don’t. As you’ll see when the 4 sequels creative Bob thinks is a good idea roll out

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom