“Something major” coming to DHS???

Advisable Joseph

It won’t impact WDW’s share. But the money only goes so far when you also have aging attractions that will need major refurbishments.
I don't think those would be capacity expansions unless there are major additions that could draw more people.

Anyway, I thought it useful to quote the discussion that spawned this thread:
There is allegedly something major that has been greenlit and funded. Not the MK or AK projects either.

Finally revisiting DHS?

If accurate, yeah.

I don't think it's a show, it was described as something major. I would assume a new ride. Anything more than that, I have no knowledge of. Don't even know the IP.

BrianLo

17B was for capacity expansion for WDW. There is another pool that is for operations improvements, maintenance, etc.

12B for capacity expansion and 5B for maintenance. Approximately.

And those are still very big numbers. We’re talking a park and half worth of stuff over a decade and all of their ancillary pet resort projects. I’m expecting a pace that’s about 50% more for WDW than what we got from 2013-2023. Which was about ‘4 lands’ worth of stuff’ and a lot of money fed into needed improvements.

We’ve heard of maybe half of it, but we’re also talking about things running out to 2033 that aren’t even remotely planned yet. How it’s ultimately perceived likely comes down to hopefully less replacements this investment cycle.

ToTBellHop

12B for capacity expansion and 5B for maintenance. Approximately.

And those are still very big numbers. We’re talking a park and half worth of stuff over a decade and all of their ancillary pet resort projects. I’m expecting a pace that’s about 50% more for WDW than what we got from 2013-2023. Which was about ‘4 lands’ worth of stuff’ and a lot of money fed into needed improvements.

We’ve heard of maybe half of it, but we’re also talking about things running out to 2033 that aren’t even remotely planned yet.
Pet Resort CONFIRMED.

My cat is THRILLED!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Pet Resort CONFIRMED.

My cat is THRILLED!
This guy will be happy...

Business Disney Cat.PNG

PREMiERdrum

How does Villains fit into Hollywood Studios other than it being aimed more at an older audience?

They once had a villains event and it was mobbed ergo.......

Because Hollywood Studios is now their "this has to go somewhere" park.
There were champions of the MK project who forced a quick pivot in an attempt to save the concept.

Hopefully the art makes it into books in a decade or so. Maybe a D+ exclusive doc?

Tha Realest

Original Poster
From what I can tell, the outlook isn't good.
Well, they tactically retreated from dinosaurs altogether after the guys across town had a much stronger grasp on the marketable IP. Maybe they figure villains - what with Universal Monsters, HHN, and the new Vegas thing - is going to be a core competency of Universal.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Well, they tactically retreated from dinosaurs altogether after the guys across town had a much stronger grasp on the marketable IP. Maybe they figure villains - what with Universal Monsters, HHN, and the new Vegas thing - is going to be a core competency of Universal.
Different breed. Universal monsters don't sing.

UNCgolf

It’s amazing how the idea that got the literal largest response outside of Star Wars at a D23 - something that would be an absolute home run if they did it correctly - keeps getting tabled/killed.

Iger did mention wanting to use current IP (and specifically said that no IP or old IP wasn't a worthwhile investment), and a Villains land would almost by necessity rely on older IP. Disney doesn't really have many (any?) memorable villains that would work well in a villains land from this century; they'd likely need to go Renaissance and/or older. I guess the remakes help to an extent, but they're generally not leveraging the live action version of films in the parks (thankfully, IMO).

I doubt that's the main reason it's not happening, but it might be a factor.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom