Transformative Multi-Year Expansion Announced for WDS Paris

nickys

Premium Member
A lake bring more views into existence that you don't get by cramming more lands into the same space. Sometimes the visual impact is the goal.
No doubt that’s why Arendelle is the furthest away land from the approaches to the lake. The mountain and castle will have a stunning visual impact for younger children, thus drawing people to walk round the lake - even though at first there will be nothing to see on the way.

cjkeating

No doubt that’s why Arendelle is the furthest away land from the approaches to the lake. The mountain and castle will have a stunning visual impact for younger children, thus drawing people to walk round the lake - even though at first there will be nothing to see on the way.
How can you forget Cars Road Trip? :D

cjkeating

That’s unlikely to be accessible from the lake at first!
It will certainly be accessible from the lake, if you took down the wall that is currently there you are literally on the walkway that circles the lake.
And I liked it - but then I loved the backstage tour, especially Catastrophe Canyon. So I will continue to ride it for that alone.
Same.

I wouldn't worry about them putting lands on the lake, so far officially we haven't even got all the lands that was due to be put around the lake 😂

Also the park is no longer movie-themed, its adventure-themed now 😂 The Lake is fine, especially if they put a decent nighttime show on it.
I just think it’s really weird that a lake that’s like the size of the park back in 2002 is a little bland if you ask me. And the adventure theme is kinda cool, but having multiple themes clash at once is a little chaotic.
DHS…. USF…
Ech lake works because it’s based around California architecture and the universal Orlando lake works because the theme back then was ride the movies, and you visit the places those movies took place at.
Adding a lake, like trees and other natural elements, is actually a great idea. It allows for water based entertainment shows and connects like a bridge for one part of the park to the other. It's also a nice break from hopping from ride to ride. I love strolling around World Showcase Lagoon or the "sea" in Tokyo. Especially at night.
It doesn’t really work for a Hollywood movie making park.
A lake bring more views into existence that you don't get by cramming more lands into the same space. Sometimes the visual impact is the goal.
I think something else besides elsa ice palace to be a center draw of the park is a theater of some sorts, like the chinese theater at Hollywood studios.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
It doesn’t really work for a Hollywood movie making park.
- which is the theme this park is moving away from.

A lake will add some welcome respite from the endless concrete of 2002. Landscaping and foliage will add much needed visual interest. And the park finally gets a purpose built night show venue with some interesting infrastructure. I’m not defending the woeful small addition of attractions when this phase is all complete but whats being laid for the future is commendable . Especially considering where it is.

- which is the theme this park is moving away from.

A lake will add some welcome respite from the endless concrete of 2002. Landscaping and foliage will add much needed visual interest. And the park finally gets a purpose built night show venue with some interesting infrastructure. I’m not defending the woeful small addition of attractions when this phase is all complete but whats being laid for the future is commendable . Especially considering where it is.
But still, it’s just too many themes clashing together at the same time. Disney outright ruined the park.

TheLewisHK

I visited it in 2022 or last year (2023). I wasn’t even alive in 2002.
On the other hand, I was, and actually visited the year it opened.

The ride lineup was Rock'n'Rollercoaster and the carpets. That's it. There was also a tram tour which felt like a bus ride through the forest (aside from the excellent Catastrophe Canyon) and Armageddon, which was akin to standing in a Chernobyl reactor.

"Great experiences" is not a way I would describe what the park felt like back then.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom