Transformative Multi-Year Expansion Announced for WDS Paris

mrflo

Am I crazy for preferring the approach of FEA than this book report ride?
I had the exact same feeling when I saw the video. While very impressive from a scale & technical perspective - from that angle it definitely feels more like an e-ticket ride compared to HK - the book report approach puts the guest in a very passive position. It should be the guests who also a play a role and (co-)experience an adventure. I agree, this has been solved much better in Epcot, HK and for the WDS version.

Let's see what they will do for the LK ride... I can easily see them taking the book report approach there, too. :rolleyes:

UPDATE: Adding an interview with Tony Baxter talking about the Book report approach:

Last edited:

aladdin2007

Now I'm concerned, that word Adventure was all over in the 35th guide map of Hollywood Studios, big as day both in titles and descriptions, like its the only word in their vocabulary. What is their deal!

nickys

Premium Member
Now I'm concerned, that word Adventure was all over in the 35th guide map of Hollywood Studios, big as day both in titles and descriptions, like its the only word in their vocabulary. What is their deal!
They’ve copyrighted the word Adventure (with a capital A).😉

nickys

Premium Member
Sorry to ask, but without looking through all pages, when is the expected date for the name change and the opening of Frozen land?
Frozen is “2025” - not sure if we have anything more specific.

Not sure about the name change. I’m getting 2-3 emails a week from them just now and nothing about the new name yet.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Sorry to ask, but without looking through all pages, when is the expected date for the name change and the opening of Frozen land?

Frozen is “2025” - not sure if we have anything more specific.

Not sure about the name change. I’m getting 2-3 emails a week from them just now and nothing about the new name yet.

Contractors originally said September 25. Disney said March. Sooooo…..

LondonTom

This is looking a lot better than I thought it would if I’m being honest

Worryingly good, in that this looks like it might stick around for a while 😂

I am warming to it more and more though since they released the song...the cast might not be though? (Not sure how reliable this account is)

Previews of the show Alice and the Queen of Hearts: Return to Wonderland, the new show which will premiere on May 25, 2024 at Walt Disney Studios Park 🎬🎥

The show at the Arena Show is impressive ‼️

So impressive that employees are left speechless. Not thanks to the talents of the artists but because of the pyrotechnic effects 🎆🎇 which invade the rentals around the show.

At least two employees were affected by the fumes and other fallout from this new show.

✨ UNSA Disneyland Paris immediately alerted Management. We hope for an adjustment very quickly.

Source 📸 Going out in Paris

🌐 Follow us on our various social networks to be informed of our various activities.

Movielover

That actually looks really awesome. As much as I love LMA, I want to see this show now.

I guess I'm really impressed because I expected them to do something like this again...
arena.png

McMickeyWorld

It sounded better in concept. It's quite inconsistent; the set is interesting but they don't utilize the concept beyond just an aesthetic level. The BMX is good, the costumes lack consistent quality, and then the music... well, it's boring for the concept 😴. The dialogues ruin the rhythm. I think it would have worked better if they took Mad T Party, added BMX, some skateboarders, and fire. Fire always works but keep it away from the performers.

LondonTom

Interesting, all the clips I've seen posted turned me cynical into a must see when I go in the summer 😂 Maybe my expectations were just really low 😂

I really wished they had just fully gone with the studios theme but a more fantastical/idealised version of Hollywood studio, with you stepping into the movie worlds rather than adventures.

Its like the powers that be at DLP can't make up their mind still on what they want the concept for the park to be...

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

It sounded better in concept. It's quite inconsistent; the set is interesting but they don't utilize the concept beyond just an aesthetic level. The BMX is good, the costumes lack consistent quality, and then the music... well, it's boring for the concept 😴. The dialogues ruin the rhythm. I think it would have worked better if they took Mad T Party, added BMX, some skateboarders, and fire. Fire always works but keep it away from the performers.

Man, that started so slow and bordered on grade school play quality.

The Mad Hatter is a weak link.

But then... the music started to get groovy. Tho, I was disappointed in that I thought Alice's song and the Queen's song were eventually going to overlap as countermelodies... but that didn't happen. Just ping ponged back and forth.

The BMX was great, but got lost at times trying to fill out the time. There's only so many times they can keep catching air that I start to lose interest.

Definitely could be cut to 20 minutes. Or throw in a dance troupe that could dance (or had a good choreographer).

Tweedledee was the bomb.

X-filed

Man, that started so slow and bordered on grade school play quality.

The Mad Hatter is a weak link.

But then... the music started to get groovy. Tho, I was disappointed in that I thought Alice's song and the Queen's song were eventually going to overlap as countermelodies... but that didn't happen. Just ping ponged back and forth.

The BMX was great, but got lost at times trying to fill out the time. There's only so many times they can keep catching air that I start to lose interest.

Definitely could be cut to 20 minutes. Or throw in a dance troupe that could dance (or had a good choreographer).

Tweedledee was the bomb.
Just like with Cars ROAD TRIP, we'll have to endure an additional five years before both attractions permanently close to make way for something truly worthy of a Disney Park.

nickys

Premium Member
Just like with Cars ROAD TRIP, we'll have to endure an additional five years before both attractions permanently close to make way for something truly worthy of a Disney Park.
Since you’ve brought up Car s Road Trip, I wondered what caused the backlot tour to close? Did the Crush ride building impact it?
I remember reading about it and at the time I think I assumed it was because of Avengers Campus - but since they’re at opposite ends of the park I guess not.
I’m just glad for now at least Catastrophe Canyon is still functioning. Yes, I’m old school!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Since you’ve brought up Car s Road Trip, I wondered what caused the backlot tour to close? Did the Crush ride building impact it?
I remember reading about it and at the time I think I assumed it was because of Avengers Campus - but since they’re at opposite ends of the park I guess not.
I’m just glad for now at least Catastrophe Canyon is still functioning. Yes, I’m old school!
It was past its best. Rat annexed it making it even shorter and finally the new pathway to the lake will slice where the station used to be. It may as well now be called Catastrophe Canyon featuring some trees and props.

nickys

Premium Member
It was past its best. Rat annexed it making it even shorter and finally the new pathway to the lake will slice where the station used to be. It may as well now be called Catastrophe Canyon featuring some trees and props.
Agreed. The Cars theme was quite cute, but hardly riveting!

Now If they could come up with a way to properly include CC in a future development, I’d love it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom