The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Songbird76

Regardless of Jokes. The risk is real.
There are groups that try to weed out people who "make the company" look bad on any social media.
Unsure how bad some companies have.. but I've heard horror stories... from companies that refuse to separate personal life of the workers vs them on their paid hours.
I mean, I've seen managers that think they own the employees 24/7/365
When I was in college, I worked at the residence halls. I was with coworker, neither of us were on the clock. We both lived in the dorms and we were just chatting, and we mentioned some of the things we disliked about our jobs and we got called in and warned that if it happened again, we would be let go. I don't think they could legally do that, since we were off duty and no one knew who were talking about. I actually don't know how they even found out because there was no one else there. Unless they had hidden cameras, how did they know? Or I suppose the girl I was talking to could have turned me in, but I don't think she'd have done that...she was complaining just like I was. In any case, some bosses don't seem to be able to help themselves from their ego/power trips.

Songbird76

I'm still wondering, who the hell was that clown anyway? Wasnt he a new account? I find it surprising he just got in and started insulting one of our oldest forum posters in such a way.
Well it said "well-known member" so I don't think it could have been a new account. It takes time to build up to well known member, doesn't it?

Squidney

When I was in college, I worked at the residence halls. I was with coworker, neither of us were on the clock. We both lived in the dorms and we were just chatting, and we mentioned some of the things we disliked about our jobs and we got called in and warned that if it happened again, we would be let go. I don't think they could legally do that, since we were off duty and no one knew who were talking about. I actually don't know how they even found out because there was no one else there. Unless they had hidden cameras, how did they know? Or I suppose the girl I was talking to could have turned me in, but I don't think she'd have done that...she was complaining just like I was. In any case, some bosses don't seem to be able to help themselves from their ego/power trips.

It's my assumption that as long as you aren't advertising that you're working for Target or any other company, you're golden.

Squidney

Back in the day there was no email and my two days off were in peace. When there was ccmail I came back from my weekend to read over 100+ emails in the first morning. With iPhone / smartphone employees like myself when not working are reading replying texting calling fellow peers and bosses in our off time . It is not mgrs owning employees, it is employees willing to work for free so to not get behind in what is happening day to day.

So you're willing to work for free?

Squidney

So many people do this. I do this. My co-workers all did this. Not to mention the absolute shame you feel for letting people down when you take vacation. My boss called me from her family vacation in Hawaii at least once a day to check in.

That's the whole point of the post you're replying to...

I...don't do this. I actually don't feel shame for taking a vacation because at the end of the day, if you don't take some sort of a break to recharge and get yourself back up to speed, the only person you're letting down is yourself. Are you telling me you would let your body break down because you'd feel some type of way over not being there? Because I can guarantee you there are others that probably wouldn't share the same sentiment that you do.

Not saying your committment to your job is wrong by any means, but you should never work for free. Caring about your coworkers is one thing, but putting them ahead of yourself on your time off is another.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
I...don't do this. I actually don't feel shame for taking a vacation because at the end of the day, if you don't take some sort of a break to recharge and get yourself back up to speed, the only person you're letting down is yourself. Are you telling me you would let your body break down because you'd feel some type of way over not being there? Because I can guarantee you there are others that probably wouldn't share the same sentiment that you do.

Not saying your committment to your job is wrong by any means, but you should never work for free. Caring about your coworkers is one thing, but putting them ahead of yourself on your time off is another.

Exactly. You're helping them make money while you're off the clock and it benefits everyone else but yourself.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member

Again,... That's EXACTLY the point that was being made...

Goofyernmost

Well it said "well-known member" so I don't think it could have been a new account. It takes time to build up to well known member, doesn't it?
I think "well known member" is the go to item under the name. It said it was this year, but I do vaguely recall the name. I do not remember ever insulting him/her but heck I have a hard time remembering yesterday. I usually make it a point that I don't start those things unless I have been attacked first. If we had an altercation at some point I honestly do not remember what it was about. I wish to thank everyone that came to my defense, it is appreciated! I thought it was just a joke until he/she wished me dead. Then it got very serious.

Last edited:

Figgy1

Premium Member
I think "well known member" is the go to item under the name. It said it was this year, but I do vaguely recall the name. I do not remember every insulting him/her but heck I have a hard time remembering yesterday. I usually make it a point that I don't start those things unless I have been attacked first. If we had an altercation at some point I honestly do not remember what it was about. I wish to thank everyone that came to my defense, it is appreciated! I thought it was just a joke until he/she wished me dead. Then it got very serious.
I believe I can safely say there is no need to thank any of us. This is our happy home and we like to keep it that way

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom