The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Goofyernmost

They can't do anything unless I actively promote the fact that I work for them on my social media accounts. I don't on my personal Facebook or Twitter accounts. Not to mention, they aren't going to talk to me for saying "going to a baseball game is better than Target" on a Disney forum.

Let me worry about what or what I don't say when it comes to a corporation on a theme park forum that they probably don't know it exists. My real name is not on here, and I never put what store I actually work for. This implication that I have to walk on eggshells is absurd.
I wasn't trying to implicate anything like that but we do live in a very technical world and the directions that all moves in is much more intricate than we can imagine. People have been checked out without knowing it, but they probably aren't watching you for any reason, so it was just a cautionary tail.

MySmallWorldof4

My dad got lucky by neighbor being home. What happened was the medical scare happened on my birthday. My parents and my younger brother were with me with the plan of ordering chicken by phone. The medical scare happened before the chicken was ordered.

The neighbor was a key because 911 was putting us on hold for 7 to 10 minutes on the phone. We heard a breathing sounds that were troubling like gasping for air and checked right away on dad on the couch. We didn't like what we saw and contacted 911 right away. What we didn't like was the head slumped down, drooling from the mouth and face color was purple.

We got the neighbor right away after with us being on hold for 911. The neighbor was a paramedic for 30 years. What he did played a big role on him able to be alive before emergency came.

He's at home now, but does have restrictions.
Glad your dad is ok. Prayers.

MySmallWorldof4

They can't do anything unless I actively promote the fact that I work for them on my social media accounts. I don't on my personal Facebook or Twitter accounts. Not to mention, they aren't going to talk to me for saying "going to a baseball game is better than Target" on a Disney forum.

Let me worry about what or what I don't say when it comes to a corporation on a theme park forum that they probably don't know it exists. My real name is not on here, and I never put what store I actually work for. This implication that I have to walk on eggshells is absurd.
He was just joking. That was how I took it.

Cesar R M

He was just joking. That was how I took it.
Regardless of Jokes. The risk is real.
There are groups that try to weed out people who "make the company" look bad on any social media.
Unsure how bad some companies have.. but I've heard horror stories... from companies that refuse to separate personal life of the workers vs them on their paid hours.
I mean, I've seen managers that think they own the employees 24/7/365

Lilofan

Regardless of Jokes. The risk is real.
There are groups that try to weed out people who "make the company" look bad on any social media.
Unsure how bad some companies have.. but I've heard horror stories... from companies that refuse to separate personal life of the workers vs them on their paid hours.
I mean, I've seen managers that think they own the employees 24/7/365
Back in the day there was no email and my two days off were in peace. When there was ccmail I came back from my weekend to read over 100+ emails in the first morning. With iPhone / smartphone employees like myself when not working are reading replying texting calling fellow peers and bosses in our off time . It is not mgrs owning employees, it is employees willing to work for free so to not get behind in what is happening day to day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom