Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Can you provide the link to that graph? I’d like to see some additional info. The dates of the waves are hard to make out
Here‘s one for hospitalizations that is easier to see dates, but it only goes back a year.

Disney Experience

Last edited:

havoc315

We haven't been "pre-internet" in many years, so there's no point discussing such a hypothetical.

This is a national health crisis where the Feds have said disinformation has played a key part in the spread of disease.

If the NYT wants to put a paywall in front of its Op-eds, reviews, or thinly veiled advertisements as articles, that's fine, but they'd do more good will by providing some key info for free and possible advertise their paper more as a result.

So the writers who write the hard news should work for free? They do need to get paid.. by charging for their work.

How "good" the info is in certain newspapers is debatable to say the least.

So hopefully people would only pay for the high quality sources.

lisa12000

Which vaccine? AZ had a much lower efficacy than Pfizer.
It genuinely isn’t - the effectiveness again serious cases and hospitalisation are very similar

Also remember most of our cases are in the under 40s who have all had Pfizer and moderna

the numbers you quoted are for symptomatic infection not for hospitalisations

GoofGoof

Premium Member
It genuinely isn’t - the effectiveness again serious cases and hospitalisation are very similar

Also remember most of our cases are in the under 40s who have all had Pfizer and moderna

the numbers you quoted are for symptomatic infection not for hospitalisations
Just a guess on my part since the study I quoted said they didn’t look at severe illness or hospitalization but efficacy was a lot lower. Something doesn’t add up if the original post I quoted said 30% of hospitalizations in the UK were in fully vaccinated people but then a study is showing the vaccines are still 95% effective at preventing hospitalizations from delta variant. We are not seeing anywhere near 30% of hospitalizations coming from fully vaccinated people in the US.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
Just a guess on my part since the study I quoted said they didn’t look at severe illness or hospitalization but efficacy was a lot lower. Something doesn’t add up if the original post I quoted said 30% of hospitalizations in the UK were in fully vaccinated people but then a study is showing the vaccines are still 95% effective at preventing hospitalizations from delta variant. We are not seeing anywhere near 30% of hospitalizations coming from fully vaccinated people in the US.
Soon this is finally over very soon as the virus will become as less problems anymore?

correcaminos

You do realize the blacks has the highest rate % of not vaccinated. I would say most are not republicans.
For the national election 12% voted red. So most, 87%, voted blue. Vaccine hesitation has to do with medical inequality issues that Blacks deal with as well as socioeconomic issues that make vaccination hard. A few might be political. However roughly 13.4% of all people in the US are Black. Last I can see 36% of Blacks have been vaccinated. While Blacks need help to vaccinate since they have been disproportionately hit by covid, in terms of total numbers they are a small percentage we need to get through

DonniePeverley

Back of the envelope math again.

Do I think that will happen? Not likely. What goes up eventually drops down again. No reason to assume cases will double every 9 days indefinitely.

I hate to say this ... but you were wrong. You've learnt nothing from the pandemic, and warning signs from other countries. Delta was going to hit the USA hard. Under what scenario did you assume it would not hit the USA the way it's wrecking the UK ?

Trauma

I hate to say this ... but you were wrong. You've learnt nothing from the pandemic, and warning signs from other countries. Delta was going to hit the USA hard. Under what scenario did you assume it would not hit the USA the way it's wrecking the UK ?
See this is the problem I have with this sensationalism of case numbers. When I look at the death rate it’s not “wrecking” the UK.

Maybe that will change but so far it hasn’t.

DonniePeverley

See this is the problem I have with this sensationalism of case numbers. When I look at the death rate it’s not “wrecking” the UK.

Maybe that will change but so far it hasn’t.

The UK had the highest case numbers in the world last week. That's horrific on all terms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom