The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Recently our mall has removed a lot of the bench seats that where scattered through out the mall. I am taking that personally. I have three vertebrae (3,4,5) with disc/nerve problems medically known as stenosis. Those three are directly nerve connected to my legs. I can walk but I have to stop often. My legs start to feel weak and are painful. When that happens I have to sit. All it takes is about a minute and I can get back up and walk another length before I have to stop again. Without those benches it is a real challenge to do my walking.
I read further ahead here in the comments, and saw that this change happened just recently. (Initially, I agreed with MySmallWorldof 4 's suggestion -- figured it was a distancing tactic under Covid restrictions.)

The fact that they've removed quite a few of the benches now, is concerning. Wondering if there is an email for the mall owner/operator, that you might be able to contact -- informing them that a number of people (of all ages) have physical disabilities, and the benches provide a much needed spot to rest. Another thought is -- do you have a state branch of AARP? They may be able to assist in getting the benches back.

MySmallWorldof4

I read further ahead here in the comments, and saw that this change happened just recently. (Initially, I agreed with MySmallWorldof 4 's suggestion -- figured it was a distancing tactic under Covid restrictions.)

The fact that they've removed quite a few of the benches now, is concerning. Wondering if there is an email for the mall owner/operator, that you might be able to contact -- informing them that a number of people (of all ages) have physical disabilities, and the benches provide a much needed spot to rest. Another thought is -- do you have a state branch of AARP? They may be able to assist in getting the benches back.
Good idea.

Goofyernmost

I have e-mailed them and have not received any reply. As far as AARP, I really don't know, but I will check on it. I sometimes feel that I am over reacting, but when my hips and legs are screaming at me and I see a dozen teens sitting there waiting for the stores to open, it kind of makes me unhappy. Most of the time it is only one person but we still have the 3 foot separation suggestion and the benches are not big enough to make that requirement so one person basically fills it up.

This is the only friend I could find to sit with the other day. He's a nice guy but doesn't say much.

1624483610116.png

Goofyernmost

In malls near me, seniors have groups of mall walkers that walk the long hallways of the mall one hour before the mall opens. It seems like a great way to get a cardio workout without mall traffic or the heat or cold of the outside environment.
And there are places in the food courts that sell coffee, etc. before the mall opens and those walkers fill a lot of tables before the actual crowd shows up.

wdwfan4ver

I am the oldest in the group of “cheer moms” I hang out with. They are all in their early 40’s, late 30’s. They all thought I was their age. I look, and have always looked young for my age. Well a few weeks ago some found out I was 50, and they were flabbergasted. I never say how old I am unless pressed. Age is unimportant to me. (Currently).
I know how that is due to mom.

People don't believe how long my parents are married or the fact she has adult sons(me and my brother) based on how young my mom looks.

My mom always looks younger than her age. My mom does not dye her hair. She had the appearance of someone in her 30s, but she's much older than that. All I'm willing to say is my parents are married much longer than @StarWarsGirl 's parents are.

donaldtoo

Just finished watchin’ “Luca” on Disney+.
Cute enough, I guess...but, “sea monsters” turnin’ human-ish when they weren’t wet (reflective of “The Little Mermaid”), daydream/dream sequences like acid trips, a whole town obsessed with sea monsters, and I’m not quite sure what the point was, or if there even was supposed to be a point/message.
It just seemed like some nonsensical premise dreamed up during some prolonged drug trip creative session that actually made it to fruition...!!!!! :hilarious:

MySmallWorldof4

Curious -- what exactly is mock tuna? (Does it mean it's tuna, but just without mayo?) I love mayo, though. :hungry:
It is made with walnuts and macadamia nuts. They get pulverized in the food processor with other ingredients. My oldest who turns up her nose at anything plant based likes it better than real tuna salad. It has a great texture and flavor.

MySmallWorldof4

Just finished watchin’ “Luca” on Disney+.
Cute enough, I guess...but, “sea monsters” turnin’ human-ish when they weren’t wet (reflective of “The Little Mermaid”), daydream/dream sequences like acid trips, a whole town obsessed with sea monsters, and I’m not quite sure what the point was, or if there even was supposed to be a point/message.
It just seemed like some nonsensical premise dreamed up during some prolonged drug trip creative session that actually made it to fruition...!!!!! :hilarious:
I had similar thoughts about it. My youngest kids liked it enough to watch it more than once. I wouldn’t.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom