The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Well it's that time of year again -- car inspection time. :jawdrop: As usual, our car was rejected (nothing personal, the guy said). :p Actually, we have a perfect record for yearly rejection stickers, (on the first go-around). :D

Failed the front end inspection (well what do they expect -- it's 20 years old -- you'd think they'd give an old car senior forgiveness points or whatever :hilarious: ). Actually, we bought it used when it was around 5-6 years old.

Luckily, when it was taken to the mechanic this morning, it was a rod that was then replaced. Voila! Took it back to the inspection station and it actually passed! :joyfull:

93boomer

Premium Member
Well it's that time of year again -- car inspection time. :jawdrop: As usual, our car was rejected (nothing personal, the guy said). :p Actually, we have a perfect record for yearly rejection stickers, (on the first go-around). :D

Failed the front end inspection (well what do they expect -- it's 20 years old -- you'd think they'd give an old car senior forgiveness points or whatever :hilarious: ). Actually, we bought it used when it was around 5-6 years old.

Luckily, when it was taken to the mechanic this morning, it was a rod that was then replaced. Voila! Took it back to the inspection station and it actually passed! :joyfull:
Glad it passed and nothing too expensive. It’s always a pain to find time to get those things done.

FutureCEO

I had mine today too. It took like 5 minutes :) but they had faulty inspection stickers from the state. Keeps falling off.

Lilofan

Wouldn't know what a car state inspection would really entail to pass inspection. Gov Graham of FL discontinued car state inspections for the Sunshine State in 1981.

Figgy1

Premium Member

Happy it finally passed and nothing too pricy:joyfull: I have never had a car fail inspection:joyfull:

donaldtoo

Yep, Wisconsin Dells also was the place my parents had their honeymoon. Doing the original Ducks Tour is one of my favorite things to do at the Wisconsin Dells.

The only thing with the Dells right now is one of their draws to the Wisconsin Dells was closed permanently last year by Covid-19. The Tommy Bartlett Show was one of the big draws to the Wisconsin Dells with the show started in 1952. I've seen it 4 or 5 times The show was a 90 minute Seasonal Water Ski and Jump Boat thrill show.

This is one of the things the Tommy Bartlett show had before covid-19 forced the show to be closed down permanently:
Tommy+Bartlett+Water-ski+Pyramid.jpg
Not sure what the status of it is now due to the pandemic, and we haven’t been in many years, but, Sea World San Antonio has/had a very good ski/jet ski/boat show that we used to really enjoy...!!! :)

donaldtoo

No it has definitely been warm and cool this spring so far. We have hit 90 but then had cool spells like now with lows in the 50s. But, June in NC is usually warmer than we have been recently. The humidity at DD’s has not been normal she said for June.
And humans are going to always want the opposite they have. 🤣

Not me, I’ll take all the usual Texas summer heat I can get, and the cold and snow can go pound sand...!!!!! :hilarious:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Wouldn't know what a car state inspection would really entail to pass inspection. Gov Graham of FL discontinued car state inspections for the Sunshine State in 1981.
I don't have the form in front of me, but I did just pull up a quick online general list for MA (below). I think there was actually a few more things on the actual form we got from the inspection. The below list is for a passenger vehicle only (there are different ones for motorcycles and trucks).

Inspection cost is $60. (Plus, whatever cost the vehicle owner puts into repairs prior to the inspection -- to get it up to inspection specs. We had just bought 2 new tires and had a few other mechanical things done -- and that was over $400 last week, plus $100 for the rod replacement/labor yesterday morning, so that the car would then pass inspection.) The entire ordeal is a PITA. :cautious:
  • Emissions testing,
  • Brake operation testing
  • Muffler and exhaust system noise and function
  • Steering and suspension testing
  • Horn operation
  • Window cracks and tinting regulations
  • Lighting: taillights, headlights, directionals
  • Tire wear, mounting, and height
  • Safety features: airbags and safety belts
  • Fuel tank

Lilofan

I don't have the form in front of me, but I did just pull up a quick online general list for MA (below). I think there was actually a few more things on the actual form we got from the inspection. The below list is for a passenger vehicle only (there are different ones for motorcycles and trucks).

Inspection cost is $60. (Plus, whatever cost the vehicle owner puts into repairs prior to the inspection -- to get it up to inspection specs. We had just bought 2 new tires and had a few other mechanical things done -- and that was over $400 last week, plus $100 for the rod replacement/labor yesterday morning, so that the car would then pass inspection.) The entire ordeal is a PITA. :cautious:
  • Emissions testing,
  • Brake operation testing
  • Muffler and exhaust system noise and function
  • Steering and suspension testing
  • Horn operation
  • Window cracks and tinting regulations
  • Lighting: taillights, headlights, directionals
  • Tire wear, mounting, and height
  • Safety features: airbags and safety belts
  • Fuel tank
Thanks Minnie. Pre 1981, Florida drivers had to get their vehicles inspected every year. Residents had to wait and idle their cars in an open air environment in a long line to get their car inspected. . Back in the day not all vehicles had AC. After many resident complaints, Gov Graham ended the process in 1981.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Thanks Minnie. Pre 1981, Florida drivers had to get their vehicles inspected every year. Residents had to wait and idle their cars in an open air environment in a long line to get their car inspected. . Back in the day not all vehicles had AC. After many resident complaints, Gov Graham ended the process in 1981.
Wow, that's interesting. The only good thing up here is that many of the inspection stations have an option to make an appointment. Even without an appointment, if you take your car in at least a week prior to the end of the month (that the sticker expires), there's usually not much of a wait. There are quite a few inspection stations scattered around.

Lilofan

Wow, that's interesting. The only good thing up here is that many of the inspection stations have an option to make an appointment. Even without an appointment, if you take your car in at least a week prior to the end of the month (that the sticker expires), there's usually not much of a wait. There are quite a few inspection stations scattered around.
MA surely has some strict inspection criteria. Some other states that don't have vehicle safety inspections are AK, AR, MS, SC to name a few.

MySmallWorldof4

In PA most mechanics and car dealerships can do inspections so if there is an issue you can have it fixed then and there. Better than having to drive to multiple places.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom