The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

Premium Member
So the other day I took the car to be washed and I didn't have the vacuuming done even though they were running a special and it was actually a good deal (like only $10 more) because I thought, nah, I can do this myself.

I'm really regretting it. I've been touching up the car and I've been at it for over an hour. I should have just paid the extra $10 to let someone do it for me. Especially since B is a really, really messy passenger. 🙄
and you didn't make B do it why???????????????

donaldtoo

That is not the only thing Cold Wisconsin is known for. There is a county in Wisconsin that is known as the Frozen custard capital of the world.

The weather is usually fine from late May to mid October for seeing this on the roof of a restaurant though;):
4e72dd2b1664c7a2183481d7271db62c.jpg

Niiiiiiice.....they raise their own cabrito...!!!!! :hungry::D:hilarious:;)

🙃 :D

E02A6CC4-71C0-4854-85E0-FE2B47F95D5E.jpeg

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Have done that before. Some don’t last 8 years though. This one was supposed to be a good one, but it wasn’t.
This time we are just looking at a mattress on a platform bed. Not dealing with the box springs.
Ours is well beyond 8 years, and never gave it a second thought! :p Oh, another question -- if you don't have a box spring, is it still comfortable with just a mattress, on a platform? (I'm wondering just how much a box spring provides in comfort level. We have a box spring set.) Lastly, as a tidbit I learned ages ago (not sure if it still applies), but (at least it used to be) that if you tried to shop around for the best set (hypothetical example only, let's say Serta, model 5 star), you could never find the 5 star model name in any other store. So you couldn't compare prices. Turns out that (years ago, anyway), the mattress companies had some sort of deal with the furniture stores that they'd make mattresses with different model names for each -- so a customer couldn't compare prices.) :cautious: Again, haven't looked for a new mattress in many years, so I don't know if that is still the case anymore -- hopefully not.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Ours is well beyond 8 years, and never gave it a second thought! :p Oh, another question -- if you don't have a box spring, is it still comfortable with just a mattress, on a platform? (I'm wondering just how much a box spring provides in comfort level. We have a box spring set.) Lastly, as a tidbit I learned ages ago (not sure if it still applies), but (at least it used to be) that if you tried to shop around for the best set (hypothetical example only, let's say Serta, model 5 star), you could never find the 5 star model name in any other store. So you couldn't compare prices. Turns out that (years ago, anyway), the mattress companies had some sort of deal with the furniture stores that they'd make mattresses with different model names for each -- so a customer couldn't compare prices.) :cautious: Again, haven't looked for a new mattress in many years, so I don't know if that is still the case anymore -- hopefully not.
Never had box springs so i can't compare. It depends on the firmness level of the mattress.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
@donaldtoo , saw a news report (saw a clip on national news last night -- I pasted a link to your local news outlet), about a rescue of a boat that nearly went over the Longhorn Dam Falls at Lady Bird Lake, in Austin yesterday! Wow -- what a rescue! :jawdrop:

Goofyernmost

Well hoovers work better when women use them ...
Saying things like that simply underline the advantage of living in a dumpster on the other side of the ocean.

As a side note, I know that you guys feel compelled to constantly tell us that you invented the English language, however, at this point, I would like to point out that Hoover is the brand name of one product. Vacuum cleaners are the actual item. Just trying to be helpful.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Saying things like that simply underline the advantage of living in a dumpster on the other side of the ocean.

As a side note, I know that you guys feel compelled to constantly tell us that you invented the English language, however, at this point, I would like to point out that Hoover is the brand name of one product. Vacuum cleaners are the actual item. Just trying to be helpful.
Maybe other brands work better for men ? 😉

Goofyernmost

My mattress is 10 years old. I bought it with a new bedroom set when I moved to NC. I have hated it from day one. It's a queen size and is high in the center but I can live with that, what really annoys me is that it is just one sided. You cannot flip it over for even wear all you can do is turn it around. It is also has a separate box spring, which due to the built in box spring on the mattress makes it useless, and mattress setup and oversized at that. Each one box spring and mattress is 12" thick. Add that to the frame it sits on and it is almost like sleeping in the top bunk. You practically have to take a running jump to get on it. The mattress on the floor model seemed just right on the hardness spectrum but it is not. If they weren't so expensive I would buy a new one, but I'm just to frugal (cheap). Also as my mother used to yell out to my dad when he was headed for his twice daily nap... "you're going to be taking that everlasting dirt nap before long, try staying awake and enjoying what's left of life." I loved her dark sense of humor. He didn't!

MySmallWorldof4

It isn't only restaurants that are understaffed. Brad went to the Bible camp is in our area and our church kids go to last night and the staff is very skeleton. The camp also had to cancel their vacation bible school program, it goes to area churches to run the vacation bible school programs for them, because they haven't been able to get the staff. Normally the camp has a large recruitment program to colleges but they weren't able to go to campuses this year and they always hire a large amount of international students to work at the camp too and they were unable to do that. I suspect other camps and programs like that are in the same boat. B said if some of the counselors get sick there might be problems in coverage!
I just found out the other day that a swimming pool in a local national park will not open this summer because they cannot get lifeguards. The person who did the Red Cross certification retired and they cannot get anyone to do it. Also the town local pool is only open by reservation. There are zero lifeguards for the same reason. So glad we put in a large pool this year. Just crazy.

MySmallWorldof4

I am seriously jealous of the rain. In a typical year, I have usually complained about the river that the rains bring to the side of my property. That hasn't happened. No happy duck puddles across the street. Nothing. Because, in fact, there has been no rain. I can't remember a single measurable rain at all this spring. It is so dry. Temps have been in the nineties for longer than I can count. Very unusual for this time of year. In fact, it feels more like late July, early August. Does that mean Fall will arrive in mid July? Or does it just get hotter? It can't get drier.
We have had nearly a week of overcast skies. Have had plenty of measurable rain. It may rain all of today and it will only be in the 60’s.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom