The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
But, but.....we always use the dewey decimal system in libraries. It's unAmerican not to use it!!

I wish book stores would use the Dewey Decimal System sometimes I just want a book and get out and besides the DDS groups books together anyway. What the heck was she thinking

Thanks to the both of you for the input. Just wanted to be sure I wasn't being a fudd. My primary concern was about first-time, new (younger) library visitors, who would not be learning about a system that was used in libraries all over the country. How can that possibly help them, if they needed to use another library, in another city/town/state? (Another part of this is that I've always enjoyed digging for books, via call #s, in the stacks. When you actually find it, it's an event in itself! :joyfull: )

Figgy1

Premium Member
Thanks to the both of you for the input. Just wanted to be sure I wasn't being a fudd. My primary concern was about first-time, new (younger) library visitors, who would not be learning about a system that was used in libraries all over the country. How can that possibly help them, if they needed to use another library, in another city/town/state? (Another part of this is that I've always enjoyed digging for books, via call #s, in the stacks. When you actually find it, it's an event in itself! :joyfull: )
James would think you're far from a fudd. He knows the system and enjoys knowing where to look for books

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom