The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Lots of restaurants where I live are understaffed. There are help wanted signs everywhere. Our local Panera no longer serves breakfast. They do not do online orders anymore either. The girl I spoke to said they are understaffed. Only open from 10-7 now.

It isn't only restaurants that are understaffed. Brad went to the Bible camp is in our area and our church kids go to last night and the staff is very skeleton. The camp also had to cancel their vacation bible school program, it goes to area churches to run the vacation bible school programs for them, because they haven't been able to get the staff. Normally the camp has a large recruitment program to colleges but they weren't able to go to campuses this year and they always hire a large amount of international students to work at the camp too and they were unable to do that. I suspect other camps and programs like that are in the same boat. B said if some of the counselors get sick there might be problems in coverage!

wdwfan4ver

Lots of restaurants where I live are understaffed. There are help wanted signs everywhere. Our local Panera no longer serves breakfast. They do not do online orders anymore either. The girl I spoke to said they are understaffed. Only open from 10-7 now.
It is more than restaurants that are understaffed.

Lake front fireworks on July 3rd night is not happening in the city I live in. The reason given was staff shortage and resource shortage.

I don't know what's happening with July 4th fireworks at the park because it hasn't been announced yet.

Last edited:

MouseDreaming

Everything just got cleaned up just in time for today's thunderstorm.
I am seriously jealous of the rain. In a typical year, I have usually complained about the river that the rains bring to the side of my property. That hasn't happened. No happy duck puddles across the street. Nothing. Because, in fact, there has been no rain. I can't remember a single measurable rain at all this spring. It is so dry. Temps have been in the nineties for longer than I can count. Very unusual for this time of year. In fact, it feels more like late July, early August. Does that mean Fall will arrive in mid July? Or does it just get hotter? It can't get drier.

Figgy1

Premium Member
I have tried bed in a dumpster
Captain Obvious GIF by memecandy

93boomer

Premium Member
What's a bed in a box? (Just never heard of that -- assuming you mean a recommendation for a good bed set?)
It’s a mattress that is rolled up in a bag, put in a box, and shipped to you. That way you don’t have to visit a mattress store.
We are upsizing from a Queen to a king if I can find something I like. Both of us are having issues with our gel topper on our old mattress. Our hips are backs are starting to hurt.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
It’s a mattress that is rolled up in a bag, put in a box, and shipped to you. That way you don’t have to visit a mattress store.
We are upsizing from a Queen to a king if I can find something I like. Both of us are having issues with our gel topper on our old mattress. Our hips are backs are starting to hurt.
Interesting. Our mattress is firm and can't be rolled up? Almost sounds like a sleeping bag (in a sense) with the roll-up in a box, sent to you. Anyway, hope you find something you both like. Keep us posted! :)

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Supposed to change your mattress every 8 years max. We had the same problems until we bought new.

StarWarsGirl

So the other day I took the car to be washed and I didn't have the vacuuming done even though they were running a special and it was actually a good deal (like only $10 more) because I thought, nah, I can do this myself.

I'm really regretting it. I've been touching up the car and I've been at it for over an hour. I should have just paid the extra $10 to let someone do it for me. Especially since B is a really, really messy passenger. 🙄

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom