News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

Buried20KLeague

A lot of referencing to SD. First off SD is in China, gag, yuk. The WDW TRON is set into a classic environment of attractions spanning decades and will be different! I am curious to see how it all works when complete and the guests reactions to it. Here in the U.S. not at some spin off copy park that Disney has less than a half stake in.

That’s... not how this works.

Buried20KLeague

Uhhhh, sure, ok, if you say so. I want to see the finished product in the WDW MK setting w the MKWDRR fully operational and how it all blends together. I do not care about how it all works at SD.

it’s an exact clone, turned sideways. Find one person that says otherwise (besides you).

and you clearly have a lot to learn about the world outside of the US (like most Americans) and what Disney parks in those countries are like. Visit them all multiple times (like me) and get back to me.

Until then, keep enjoying the worst space mountain and pirates on the planet.

GimpYancIent

it’s an exact clone, turned sideways. Find one person that says otherwise (besides you).

and you clearly have a lot to learn about the world outside of the US (like most Americans) and what Disney parks in those countries are like. Visit them all multiple times (like me) and get back to me.

Until then, keep enjoying the worst space mountain and pirates on the planet.
Well you assume a lot. The most Americans comment says a lot about you. As for me I can talk, been there done that, no brag just fact. I see it differently than you. Oh well! Have a wonderful day.

BrianLo

I thought Guest satisfaction for it was high in Shanghai?

I totally agree though it won't be worth the wait times that it will command in MK, which is more the problem. But one could say the same about SDMT and Slinky - so I'd be surprised if the general reaction is as bad as people are predicting.

I too think it will be a net positive. But MK needs (way) more.

BubbaisSleep

agree though it won't be worth the wait times that it will command in MK, which is more the problem. But one could say the same about SDMT and Slinky - so I'd be surprised if the general reaction is as bad as people are predicting.
I do hope that Tron will help alleviate the queue times of the other coasters in the park. Since Space is the only big coaster in the park it commands all the attention. But as a DLR local, I throws me off that the biggest coaster in the park resembles our old coaster called Matterhorn. I feel like opening a much modern coaster like Tron will take a huge load off of Space, which would be awesome as I still love the ride.

It certainly works for DLR due to the proximity. I loved when RSR opened as the wait time for Space was always long after its 2005 redo. But after RSR opened, Space has always had a decent queue time during my summer & winter visits (outside of overlays). Space would easily reach 2 hours everyday before RSR but now even on busy days I see 40-75 mins.

J4546

I like the tron coaster, and im glad they put it in fla, but I hope they dont bring it to Ca. It certainly will help shorten the wait times of other rides in the magic kingdom though, and after a couple years maybe the line for tron will be a 45 minute or less wait.

Buried20KLeague

Well you assume a lot. The most Americans comment says a lot about you. As for me I can talk, been there done that, no brag just fact. I see it differently than you. Oh well! Have a wonderful day.

I’m American. We’re egocentric entitled people that assume the rest of the world isn’t as good as us.

you learn that when you actually visit the places everyone assumes aren’t as super keen as Orlando and find out otherwise.

Buried20KLeague

I thought Guest satisfaction for it was high in Shanghai?

I totally agree though it won't be worth the wait times that it will command in MK, which is more the problem. But one could say the same about SDMT and Slinky - so I'd be surprised if the general reaction is as bad as people are predicting.

I too think it will be a net positive. But MK needs (way) more.

I’m sure it gets great guest sat numbers there, but it’s a very different standard. In general the public there isn’t used to the high level of parks we are. And the wait times being low there surely help.

it’s something new in the MK... I’m sure the scores will be fine. If you’re thirsty in a desert, you’ll be ecstatic for a cup of dirty water because that’s what you’re given.

UNCgolf

I’m American. We’re egocentric entitled people that assume the rest of the world isn’t as good as us.

you learn that when you actually visit the places everyone assumes aren’t as super keen as Orlando and find out otherwise.

Does anyone really think Orlando is all that great on its own?

Even including the theme parks, I don't think it makes the top 5 of places to visit just among US cities, and the US doesn't even have that many interesting cities from a tourism standpoint compared to other countries. If you removed WDW and Universal from the equation, there'd be very little reason for any tourists to ever visit Orlando.

But yeah. There probably are people who think Orlando is the best place.

MadTeacup

Even including the theme parks, I don't think it makes the top 5 of places to visit just among US cities, and the US doesn't even have that many interesting cities from a tourism standpoint compared to other countries. If you removed WDW and Universal from the equation, there'd be very little reason for any tourists to ever visit Orlando.

My Aunt and Uncle are those weird people who LOVE visiting Orlando, but almost never visit the parks. (I have a strange family, guys.) They come to Orlando every winter to enjoy a warm, sunny resort and to visit all of the amazing small towns around the area such as Mt. Dora, Winter Haven, Winter Park, Winter Garden, etc. Meanwhile, here I am living in Orlando, a city I truthfully don't care for very much (no offense to those who love it), simply because I love what I do and I can't do it anywhere else. It honestly shouldn't rank high on a list of destination cities because as a city itself, its culture is lacking. However, I disagree that the US is lacking in interesting cities. There are many cities in the US with just as much charm and culture as the great cities of other countries. I love visiting Europe, but seeing the culture of the US is every bit as appealing to me.

BrianLo

A very, very small number of tourists are actually there for Orlando as a city. They are there for the parks, or the resorts, or the sun. I don't even know if I've ever really been to Orlando proper... Can we really even say Orlando is a top 50 US city?

I don't think WDW is the pinnacle, but it's also hard to argue it does not have its place, still has a reasonable amount of unique features and sheer impressiveness of scale. Universal Orlando meanwhile is pretty much their full showcase of their product, making it really hard for me to justify to people that any other Universal Park is honestly worth visiting more than once or if at all.

I've wondered for years why people go to Tokyo Disneyland or HK Disneyland and don't even bother checking out the cities... but now I maybe understand why. Orlando has normalized that behaviour.

Last edited:

UNCgolf

My Aunt and Uncle are those weird people who LOVE visiting Orlando, but almost never visit the parks. (I have a strange family, guys.) They come to Orlando every winter to enjoy a warm, sunny resort and to visit all of the amazing small towns around the area such as Mt. Dora, Winter Haven, Winter Park, Winter Garden, etc. Meanwhile, here I am living in Orlando, a city I truthfully don't care for very much (no offense to those who love it), simply because I love what I do and I can't do it anywhere else. It honestly shouldn't rank high on a list of destination cities because as a city itself, its culture is lacking. However, I disagree that the US is lacking in interesting cities. There are many cities in the US with just as much charm and culture as the great cities of other countries. I love visiting Europe, but seeing the culture of the US is every bit as appealing to me.

It wasn't really a knock on the US -- it's a simple result of being a relatively young country. NYC, Chicago, Boston, Washington DC, Los Angeles, New Orleans, and San Francisco are all places worth visiting. Philadelphia probably makes that list too, but I've only been when I was very young so I don't have personal experience. There aren't really any other relatively large cities in the US that have a significant draw from a tourist standpoint. There are certainly other places in the US worth visiting for tourists, but they aren't destination cities.

Compare that to much smaller countries like the UK and Italy and there are just as many if not more large (relatively speaking to the size of the country) cities worth visiting for various reasons -- especially if you have any interest in history. Of course if history isn't something that interests you it might be a different story, but the culture still tends to vary far more in European cities than it does in American ones. That's not to say there aren't cultural differences between American cities, but the differences are generally on a smaller scale.

UNCgolf

A very, very small number of tourists are actually there for Orlando as a city. They are there for the parks, or the resorts, or the sun. I don't even know if I've ever really been to Orlando proper... Can we really even say Orlando is a top 50 US city?

Exactly. And going for the sun is a bit strange when there are many other places to go, even just in Florida, that have both the sun and other things (like a beach).

Orlando probably is a top 50 US city, but once you reach a certain point on the list US cities become relatively interchangeable.

BrianLo

Universal Hollywood is VERY much worth visiting for the studio tour alone.

I did hesitate saying that because it's more like a generic Universal park grafted onto a very worthwhile attraction. That was the one I meant by once.

It remains my least preferred Uni Park, but I acknowledge the tour is great.

J4546

my gf used to work at hollywood universal and got free tix so i went a bunch. I think the location of universal is amazing, and the views it offers on the escalators between the upper and lower lots is incredible and unlike anything else anywhere. The park itself is ok. The tram tour is top notch though, def worth it. I also love the Water World show, Harry Potter land is well themed and the ride is amazing even though it makes me feel sick. and the jurassic park ride is very good. Mummy, transformers, simpsons land and minions area are all meh. I cant wait to see what they do with simpsons land now that disney owns simpsons, what direction they will take it. Also the addition of Nintendo land will def give it a bump, but even still it feels very lacking compared to disney. I wish theyd go nuts and spend a billion dollars on it and buildout a new monsters themed area and more...but thats highly unlikely.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom