News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

sedati

Again, the whole point of such a door is to avoid the stairs. You put the door on the floor where you need the big stuff to go, not the landing that only gets it most of the way there. Imagine an elevator that didn’t take you to the second floor, just one of the stair landings. It’d be stupid and pointless.
Not to avoid the stairs, but to avoid the turnaround at the mid-point landing.

lazyboy97o

Not to avoid the stairs, but to avoid the turnaround at the mid-point landing.
Just, no. It’s a double door, so that’d be a very, very wide stair with unusually short landings. Why would you spend the money to make really wide stairs but then make the landings too short? Even then, you’re still just adding extra work instead of putting the door on the actual floor. You’re hoisting stuff up all but a few feet of the way there to then lug it up a few steps.

Last edited:

ImperfectPixie

Just, no. It’s a double door, so that’d be a very, very wide stair. Even then, you’re still just adding extra work instead of putting the door on the actual floor. You’re hoisting stuff up all but a few feet of the way there to then lug it up a few steps.
Maybe a furnishable loft/balcony? I dunno...just making wild guesses at this point.

ImperfectPixie

I agree, you shouldn't. But why not try to figure it out? I would just about kill to have a wide door that leads out to a roof-deck on top of our first-floor addition...the main stairs to get to the second floor are so freaking narrow we can barely get a queen-sized mattress up them, let alone a dresser or anything of size. Plus, all the first floor, exterior doors are either relatively narrow, or have obstructions that make bringing large objects in dang near impossible (we had to take the doors off of our new fridge just to get it in the house).

lazyboy97o

I agree, you shouldn't. But why not try to figure it out? I would just about kill to have a wide door that leads out to a roof-deck on top of our first-floor addition...the main stairs to get to the second floor are so freaking narrow we can barely get a queen-sized mattress up them, let alone a dresser or anything of size. Plus, all the first floor, exterior doors are either relatively narrow, or have obstructions that make bringing large objects in dang near impossible (we had to take the doors off of our new fridge just to get it in the house).
An exterior door on an upper level is not what is nonsensical, the door actually exists and for a reason. The problem is that it has no relationship to anything else on the facade. The horizontal rhythm just has a huge gap at the door with the door not even being centered. The style of the building is one where regularity is a feature, windows are usually have an equal spacing between them. Then the door does not vertically relate to the second floor windows. These doors you would like in your home are on the second floor, not a few feet below the second floor.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
giphy.gif
I just posted elsewhere my bad. I read the question as north east. I’ve no idea bout north west.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Thank you. Just jittery about a forthcoming trip that by some miracle still isn’t cancelled.
Ah, yes I was apprehensive about our trip a few weeks ago, but after the first day my mind was put at ease with the precautions that were put in place. All you can do is be a safe as possible (masks, 6 ft, you know the drill :joyfull:) and hopefully enjoy your trip and time away.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Ah, yes I was apprehensive about our trip a few weeks ago, but after the first day my mind was put at ease with the precautions that were put in place. All you can do is be a safe as possible (masks, 6 ft, you know the drill :joyfull:) and hopefully enjoy your trip and time away.
We have no doubt it’ll be as safe as can be. It’s just the fact it hasn’t been cancelled yet by the airline or the country. It’s our third attempt at the same trip this year.

Surferboy567

So...Rat the only thing I can realistically see them saying at this conference besides “We are “safe” please come back” is announce a Rat opening. Or possibly maybe something to do with the 50th? Even that is pushing it probably.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom