News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

TJ Vazquez

Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Advertisement
Thank you. Just jittery about a forthcoming trip that by some miracle still isn’t cancelled.
Ah, yes I was apprehensive about our trip a few weeks ago, but after the first day my mind was put at ease with the precautions that were put in place. All you can do is be a safe as possible (masks, 6 ft, you know the drill :joyfull:) and hopefully enjoy your trip and time away.

marni1971

WDW History nut
Premium Member
Ah, yes I was apprehensive about our trip a few weeks ago, but after the first day my mind was put at ease with the precautions that were put in place. All you can do is be a safe as possible (masks, 6 ft, you know the drill :joyfull:) and hopefully enjoy your trip and time away.
We have no doubt it’ll be as safe as can be. It’s just the fact it hasn’t been cancelled yet by the airline or the country. It’s our third attempt at the same trip this year.

Surferboy567

So...Rat the only thing I can realistically see them saying at this conference besides “We are “safe” please come back” is announce a Rat opening. Or possibly maybe something to do with the 50th? Even that is pushing it probably.

Mike730

There appears to be something piled up next to the light post, and it seems like these things are also strewn atop the new colored area. Maybe they are just brushes/sponges or something. There are also large jugs of something(paint?) by that one traffic cone.

I think they are just painting stamped concrete. You can see that the road farther down is already stamped in the scallop set stone pattern. A little unfortunate because the paint will wear and require maintenance. Pandora has that problem, but this will be more apparent since the colors are in a a regular pattern. I'm sure the bean counters did the math though.

For reference, Fantasyland in Disneyland has actual stone: Google Maps

TiggerDad

There appears to be something piled up next to the light post, and it seems like these things are also strewn atop the new colored area. Maybe they are just brushes/sponges or something. There are also large jugs of something(paint?) by that one traffic cone.

I think they are just painting stamped concrete. You can see that the road farther down is already stamped in the scallop set stone pattern. A little unfortunate because the paint will wear and require maintenance. Pandora has that problem, but this will be more apparent since the colors are in a a regular pattern. I'm sure the bean counters did the math though.

For reference, Fantasyland in Disneyland has actual stone: Google Maps
I thought those bottles were muriatic acid and some type of sealer. They've only treated half the space. But I was more looking at the big saw in the bottom right corner. You'd want something like that to trim bricks on the edges. I could be wrong but I suspect someone here knows for sure.

castlecake2.0

Was there mention of a merchandise location going in this expansion anywhere, there is a swath of grey stone to the left of the main path that looks prime for a cart of something

MisterPenguin

Rumormonger
Premium Member
1600876644467.png

1600876758430.png

GimpYancIent

LOL yes exactly, I even saw the post but thought it was talking about the bricks being painted and kept scrolling. Thank you!
Ok bricks are nice. I am wondering if life size rat characters will be roaming about to interact with the guests? Once all this detailing work is done that is.

Nutso4Disney

In the Parks
No
With Ratatouille and Remy being my favorite character, movie and theme, I am so looking forward to this. Not only does world showcase really need another attraction like this, but the France Pavilion needs this upgrade. I know in past vacations when I thought of stopping in France at the World Showcase it was always about Les Halles and the dining. Now add this to the experience the France Pavilion will be a main attraction in the World Showcase.

Top Bottom