News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

Sir_Cliff

Maybe a can of worms I shouldn't open up yet again, but now that the BatB attraction that was the other candidate for this spot has opened at TDL, I'm kind of interested to know if those who preferred that option still feel that way:

I always thought that Ratatouille fit the pavilion better, but I also kind of think the ride seems a bit more fun despite being less elaborate and technically impressive.

lazyboy97o

Advertisement
Maybe a can of worms I shouldn't open up yet again, but now that the BatB attraction that was the other candidate for this spot has opened at TDL, I'm kind of interested to know if those who preferred that option still feel that way:

I always thought that Ratatouille fit the pavilion better, but I also kind of think the ride seems a bit more fun despite being less elaborate and technically impressive.
There was already a tangent on the ride that was deleted.

Ldno

I watched a ride video from Disneyland Paris, yesterday just to hype up this opening, hoping it opens up soon!

Last edited:

castlecake2.0

2407D4BF-35B4-49D1-B6F2-53C3FF1A7501.jpeg
231FC90A-E5A3-40C1-AC8B-CCB913DF1D3A.jpeg
Anyone seen any picture updates of this area? I’m wondering if it’ll get some more theming or if you’re just supposed to look away.

castlecake2.0

It’s still pretty much bare with some trees in the way. Screenshot from a recent MickeyViews video.
View attachment 499972
Some Skyliner shots:
View attachment 499973
View attachment 499974
View attachment 499975

In most cases it wouldn’t bother me too much, like before as it was kinda off to the side and not a focal point, but now everyone walking to this ride is going to see this big blank wall. I know it’s not done yet so I look forward to seeing what happens.

castlecake2.0

I don't know. What did people do before when it had always looked like that?

View attachment 500003

That’s what I was saying, before people never really needed to look at it because it was tucked away in a quiet corner, but now with the new entrance over here this wall is going to have a lot more opportunity to be noticed. But sometimes they just hope you don’t see it, like this big wall behind Cheshire, and maybe that’s what they’re going for here too.
8265DF27-0F03-4140-9B7D-E78D095476A5.jpeg

Sir_Cliff

That’s what I was saying, before people never really needed to look at it because it was tucked away in a quiet corner, but now with the new entrance over here this wall is going to have a lot more opportunity to be noticed. But sometimes they just hope you don’t see it, like this big wall behind Cheshire, and maybe that’s what they’re going for here too.View attachment 500008
Compared to DLR and DLP, I've always felt WDW (and particularly Magic Kingdom) is surprisingly full of these types of exposed bare walls. The backs of the Main Street USA facades were also always visible from certain angles.

I don't think this example in the France Pavilion would really register with many people as an exposed, un-themed wall.

_caleb

Sure, but generally bare wall warehouses aren't attached to old residential buildings. They're in a different part of the city.
Also, not sure they're going for realism. Probably more like an idealized representation. In that sense, the bare walls stick out--it wasn't the product of years of development, it was literally built from the ground up for a theme park. Unthemed elements stick out.

Top Bottom