***SAVE FIGMENT***

Cmdr_Crimson

Nowadays the Looney Tunes characters are only prominent for low quality stage shows.

Yeah, and they were not smart to do so...The ads of the 80's through early 00's at least aknowledge their existance..
The best was the park they came from the Marriott's Great America parks

Best ad campaign was when Six Flags celebrated Bugs's 50th..

These were the last ads after the dancing old fart came in..

brb1006

Yeah, and they were not smart to do so...The ads of the 80's through early 00's at least aknowledge their existance..
The best was the park they came from the Marriott's Great America parks

Best ad campaign was when Six Flags celebrated Bugs's 50th..

These were the last ads after the dancing old fart came in..

I still remember the "This is where Bugs Lives" ads from the early 2000s (Pre-Mr Six) that would air frequently on Cartoon Network (since Looney Tunes and various Warner Brothers shorts used to air on CN before moving to Boomerang). I believe this was during a period when Six Flags was aiming for family demographic before shifting to the teenage/young adult group. One ad mentioned "Cartoon Fun" that I vividly remember as a kid.

I remember the Six Flags website at the time (circa 2002) had the Looney Tunes and Scooby Doo characters featured front and center. Heck, when I visited Great Adventure at the time, they were promoting the heck out of the then upcoming live-action Scooby Doo Movie. They even had an afternoon parade featuring the Looney Tunes characters, alongside Scooby Doo. What I remember the most about the parade was that Pinky and The Brain were riding on a single car, while Yakko, Wakko, and Dot (Animaniacs) were riding on a bus.

Back to the Looney Tunes, the closest Six Flags would get to an almost Disney Quality show was "The Toonite Show Starring Bugs Bunny" from the early 1990s that ran at Great America. The show was already showing it's age by the early 2010s (the audio got it the worst).

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

I confess confusion.... Figment has been dead for a good decade. "Imagination" gone... a dead memory of the past.
Let's let Figment die in some semblance of peace :(.

Brer Panther

The only reason "his personality is... not great" is that Imagination 3.0 turned him into a practical joking menace. That was never the intent of the character.
He's just trolling Eric Idle because he hated the second version as much as everyone else did.

Journey Into Your Imagination had Figment make a brief cameo in the final act. While brief, he still acted a bit like his original counterpart since he's mostly talking to the rider.
Didn't he have one, very brief line? "You're so smart. All of you!" or something like that? Dunno why they bothered to get Corey Burton to come in and do one line of dialogue for him.

_caleb

This is still my favorite version of Figment:
29D63B62-075E-481B-A7E4-3E7F976BDCB4.jpeg

Figments Friend

My kids got the original Figment plush toy and they have now been passed down to their kids --figment will never dieView attachment 496142

Nice to see this photo.

It is a photo of MY large plush Figment from 1983 that I had brought with me for the special 'Epcot 25th Anniversary' event a lot of us fans created for October 1st, 2007.
Someone snapped this photo of him sitting at the event check in table Disney had allowed us to have at the Park entrance that day for the arriving fans.
Quite a day, that was.

I begged my Mom to buy this plush for me back in April of 83', during my first visit to EPCOT Center and the Imagination Pavillion.
I was so blown away by the experience of the Original 'Journey' that I instantly became a lifelong fan at age 12.
Purchased at the 'Centorium', for $21 if I am remembering correctly which was a lot of money for a plush back then.

This plush has been with me ever since, and it felt proper to bring him to the Park that day for our special gathering celebration.
Marty Sklar shook hands with this plush later that day outside of The Land after thanking me for "...kicking them ( TDO ) in the a@@ to get going on this ( 25th anniversary acknowledgment )".
No joke.

:)

-

Last edited:

Homemade Imagineering

Nice to see this photo.

It is a photo of MY large plush Figment from 1983 that I had brought with me for the special 'Epcot 25th Anniversary' event a lot of us fans created for October 1st, 2007.
Marty Sklar shook hands with this plush later that day.
No joke.

:)

-
That’s so amazing!! I really do miss Marty😕 he was such an amazing man! I mentioned this earlier, but I ordered one of those figment plushies from 1983 this morning, after rewatching @marni1971 tribute video for probably the fourth time! Every time I watch an old ridethrough it makes me incredibly sad to know that it’s been in such a sad, mediocre state since 2002/1999.

Rodj

Didn't he have one, very brief line? "You're so smart. All of you!" or something like that? Dunno why they bothered to get Corey Burton to come in and do one line of dialogue for him.
Many people get this wrong. Billy Barty voiced Figment for the end of the ride(Many different lines are said during this portion, depending on how long you stay in that room). What many people forget is that Figment is also shown in the pre-show queue screens, which that Figment was voiced by Corey Burton.

JohnD

That’s so amazing!! I really do miss Marty😕 he was such an amazing man! I mentioned this earlier, but I ordered one of those figment plushies from 1983 this morning, after rewatching @marni1971 tribute video for probably the fourth time! Every time I watch an old ridethrough it makes me incredibly sad to know that it’s been in such a sad, mediocre state since 2002/1999.

i like my current Figmemt.
539114FE-B1DC-4428-B6B6-134E41D8BCDD.jpeg

The plush you can purchase from ShopDisney has eyes closer together.

Bur I have purchased the shoulder plush before it sold out ... again.

Brer Panther

Many people get this wrong. Billy Barty voiced Figment for the end of the ride(Many different lines are said during this portion, depending on how long you stay in that room). What many people forget is that Figment is also shown in the pre-show queue screens, which that Figment was voiced by Corey Burton.
Did he have any dialogue on those? I don't know if they were changed for the third version, but I recall Figment just giggling on those screens.

Dizknee_Phreek

They don't even come close. As an aspiring artist, I was literally moved to tears with inspiration and awe when I saw the original for the first (and only time) when I was 15.
And this is why Imagination, and all of the original Epcot attractions, were so wonderful. They weren't just entertaining. And while you usually did learn something from them, they weren't just educational. But they were inspiring! Which is something newer attractions and redos seriously lack. I would be surprised to hear of anyone being moved to tears during the Beauty and the Beast Sing-along.

Homemade Imagineering

i like my current Figmemt.
View attachment 496367

The plush you can purchase from ShopDisney has eyes closer together.

Bur I have purchased the shoulder plush before it sold out ... again.
Awesome Figments you have there!! I purchased this plush today with the tag still attached as pictured! I was going to go for the more traditional looking figment plush from 1983 that seems to be a bit more common than the one I purchased, but I like how this figment looks a bit more handmade and retro imo.
567E0674-ECC2-45F5-AFE2-7D1F68CB0DBA.jpeg

brb1006

He's just trolling Eric Idle because he hated the second version as much as everyone else did.

Figment actually had four pieces of dialogue, it's a bit clearer in this video (skip to 6:00 mark)

"Imagine"

"You're quite clever, all of you"

"Incredible, Awesome (???), and ???"

"???"

They actually reused Billy Barty's Figment line from the original attraction as guests are heading to "Imageworks".

"Can they Imagine too?"

brb1006

Here's footage of Figment during the pre-show (skip to 10:04)

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom