***SAVE FIGMENT***

Cmdr_Crimson

In the possible refurb of the attraction, who would Figments voice actor be? Hope they don’t go with Dave Goelz again. Just didn’t fit the character.
I personally like Dave Goelz's Figment.

If not Dave, didn't Corey Burton do Figment's few lines of dialogue in the second version? Maybe he could do it again.
Boy would you say this to Billy Barty when he played Gwildor in Masters of The Universe...

so i'm 3 months late to this thread but i've gotta just say maybe a figment redesign won't be a bad thing.
breathe some new life into the character, make a new attraction for new families and new disney fans.

i understand where the backlash comes from, but y'know, figment has to adapt with the times.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I just received the comic as a gift and I just read it... WOW! There is SO much potential there... That could make for a very exciting ride. I don't see why Disney doesn't start investing in the comic series making a movie, some shows, and a new ride revolving around it. It was so good and beautifully done!

FigmentFan82

Personally, I wish my kids didn't always refer to FigAMent as the thing that farts in your face and is so Stinky...
1607091038236.png

Figment2.0

Whenever I see Figment these days... Well, I no longer “do” Journey Into whatever it is anymore. But whenever I *did* see Figment, I wept. Figment’s dead. His corpse has been propped up for the last two decades as we’ve squinted, trying to hold fast to what we knew him AND Epcot to be. I say, send him to the Place Where The Lost Epcot Things go. It’s at least three times bigger than the real Epcot. Or maybe to that Buzzy fellow. Frankly, looking at something wobbling about, trying to be what it no longer is (looking at you Carousel of Progress) is a sad state of affairs. Epcot fell, she’s dead. At this point, the only thing from Future World that I will grasp onto until they rip me from the park, is that Innoventions loop. Ok, and Living with the Land.

I’m on my fourth beer tonight. I’m also a lightweight.
Give figment and dream finder time they can put the old track back and move imageworks to the theatre the old turntable is still down there motors and all with steel beams threw it holding up the floor the track is under there also give it 5 years.

Figment2.0

I think it's people who knew the original Figment, who then share stories and videos of the original ride with others who keep the fan-base going and growing...plus the comic book series helped a ton. After everyone thought they were sold out, friend of mine actually managed to find one of the 35th anniversary Funko Pops in an odd place at Epcot for me. It was on a shelf behind a register (forget which store) with no other Funko Pops around.

ETA: And don't forget that at (I think) a D23 a few years back, Tony Baxter got in on the "bring back Dreamfinder" action and people went bananas.
The new ride there has to be a redo coming they will probably put the old one back but make it more moderen after they are done with all the new projects I’m optimistic

Figment2.0

It’s time for a brand new show!!! The current ride is NOT figment like it should be but I bet we have to wait for all the new projects to end before they unbox figment for real again it’s coming I just feel it

Magicart87

HOUSE OF MAGIC Member
Premium Member
I'll guess a conservative Early 2027! Gives them 2 years to brush off the plans, rework it, settle on a budget followed by 3 years construction with the typical delay because of X... Officially opening in 2027.

Homemade Imagineering

However boring it may seem atm, something will eventually happen with Imagination. Something needs to... The Epcot transformation will eventually be completed, and I’m sure it’s no coincidence they’ve left Imagination alone so far. They’re too afraid of messing up again, which is silly because there is an easy solution to Imagination’s current flaws, but alas here we are. At least they aren’t jumping at the soonest opportunity to inject more IP into the pavilion.

Homemade Imagineering

Figment is so 80's...

reminds me of Pac Man, Rubiks Cube, Cyndi Lauper, and Dirty Dancing. It's time for an update!
And... Figment is timeless, the original attraction itself was timeless, akin to attractions like HM, or IASW, or POTC etc... that's why it was such a special attraction, and I guarantee people would gush over it nowadays had they left it alone in its original state. Figment as a character is still beloved, and he is one of the most marketable Parks characters to date. His original design made him unique, and dumbing down his appearance is just going to make him seem like another generic plushie thing. Of course we all have our opinions, so I can respect where you're coming from.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom