***SAVE FIGMENT***

Cmdr_Crimson

It's a lot of years to late to be concerned about that. In the 90's when they redid Imagination, the Figment that we all loved was replaced by a nasty, smart a$$ lookalike. The original Figment has remained mostly a memory and seeing the physical likeness was the only thing that people were gathering for. Lost memories of something that was once great. As far as I am concerned if we cannot have Figment in his lovable, curious and excited manner then just let him die like the rest of the Imagination Pavilion has.

It's sad to think they want this generation to remember him as a fart blowing stinker..
s-l300.jpg

Giss Neric

They want to make Epcot "more Disney." I didn't know redesigning a "polarized" character is part of that. The new design definitely looks kid friendly but Figment has always been for the adults and purists.

FettFan

Original Poster
You're being a little overdramatic. You know that this won't prevent you from coming back.

nah. I’ve lost a lot of faith in the Disney company as a whole, but the decline of the parks under Chapek has really been hitting me hard.
And now Chapek is head of the whole damn operation.

Changing Figment is merely the straw that broke the camels back. Now is the time to just walk away.

and if I feel the need to visit a trend park I think I’ll try Six Flags. San Antonio is four hours shorter drive than Orlando. 🤷🏻‍♂️

FettFan

Original Poster
Quite a few, I believe. I run a Disney FB group and one of the questions I ask every so often is "If you could do anything to any one of the Disney parks, what would it be?" Invariably, the most common answer is "Bring back Figment and Dreamfinder".

Plus Figment was plastered all over Epcot last summer when they were advertising the end of IllumiNations.

_caleb

Quite a few, I believe. I run a Disney FB group and one of the questions I ask every so often is "If you could do anything to any one of the Disney parks, what would it be?" Invariably, the most common answer is "Bring back Figment and Dreamfinder".
Plus Figment was plastered all over Epcot last summer when they were advertising the end of IllumiNations.
I didn’t mean to question Figment’s enduring popularity. Just wondering. Seems like they’ve sort of left him without a real story or a good personality, so the younger generation might not really be attached to him. A relaunch with a slight update to the original design could be good (IF THEY DON‘T RUIN HIS NOSE).

ImperfectPixie

I didn’t mean to question Figment’s enduring popularity. Just wondering. Seems like they’ve sort of left him without a real story or a good personality, so the younger generation might not really be attached to him. A relaunch with a slight update to the original design could be good (IF THEY DON‘T RUIN HIS NOSE).
Or his backwards-pointing horns. He needs them to not look like every other dragon.

Parker in NYC

Whenever I see Figment these days... Well, I no longer “do” Journey Into whatever it is anymore. But whenever I *did* see Figment, I wept. Figment’s dead. His corpse has been propped up for the last two decades as we’ve squinted, trying to hold fast to what we knew him AND Epcot to be. I say, send him to the Place Where The Lost Epcot Things go. It’s at least three times bigger than the real Epcot. Or maybe to that Buzzy fellow. Frankly, looking at something wobbling about, trying to be what it no longer is (looking at you Carousel of Progress) is a sad state of affairs. Epcot fell, she’s dead. At this point, the only thing from Future World that I will grasp onto until they rip me from the park, is that Innoventions loop. Ok, and Living with the Land.

I’m on my fourth beer tonight. I’m also a lightweight.

Cmdr_Crimson

and if I feel the need to visit a trend park I think I’ll try Six Flags. San Antonio is four hours shorter drive than Orlando. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Sadly the way Six Flags corp is now..They don't even respect the Warner Bros characters like the should compared to the earlier years..It's a real sad shame too...

DoleWhipDrea

Oh, Disney knows he’s popular. He outsells every other character in EPCOT, with much of his merchandise selling out. If there’s one thing Disney cares about, it’s merchandise sales. Figment makes a lot of him. He could make even more. But it’s no accident that we’ve been seeing more merchandise featuring him within the past year.

People are freaking out about a potential redesign because if they redesign him in one spot in the parks, that could easily transfer over to anywhere else he’s represented, including a future redo of Imagination. “Character integrity” and all that, to remain consistent.

I do encourage anyone stressing out to watch the episode a second time. The clay model shaped to look like traditional Figment is what is highlighted from the beginning and for most of the episode. But...keep voicing your opinion. They’re watching and listening to everyone’s reactions. Considering the online meltdown that’s occurred since Friday, even if they were considering a redesign, Disney would absolutely be backtracking on it now.

I, for one, refuse to give up on Figment. He’s not dead, he’s just acting out because his real father was evicted from the Imagination Pavilion 😂 In any case, to me, he’s an integral part of what has always made EPCOT special, and young and old still love him. He will continue to be a part of the park, and as a fan, I will continue to fight for that wonderful purple dragon.

JoeCamel

I, for one, refuse to give up on Figment. He’s not dead, he’s just acting out because his real father was evicted from the Imagination Pavilion 😂 In any case, to me, he’s an integral part of what has always made EPCOT special, and young and old still love him. He will continue to be a part of the park, and as a fan, I will continue to fight for that wonderful purple dragon.

Not dead, not evicted just erased

Figment-Signature.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom