***SAVE FIGMENT***

Tealeaf

I guess I'm a bit of a black sheep in that I don't remember the first iteration of the Imagination ride because I'm an old gen-zer. My first iteration was the current one...I mean, I did ride it four times when I was a kid because I liked the purple dragon. I think Figment's appeal right now is not so much the ride as it is that there is a purple dragon (also remember I sat in the front car and one of the cast members "called" Figment to ask if it was okay that I drove. Very cute!).
I do still ride it when I visit now because...hey, no line! Air conditioning! Also it drops you in the gift shop which is nice. It's a Three Caballeros situation where I'm not so big on the ride contents as I am on the getting away from people.
I'm assuming that any kids who do currently love Figment like him because he's an incredibly cute design, not necessarily because of the attraction. I think an update is overdue for the ride, I'm not so worried that he will be permanently pushed out of the parks like we've worried in the past. He's too popular and has become sort of the Mickey of Epcot now.
I am so amused by his expression in the sketch. Why you so grumpy, Figgy? What's wrong? I think the design now probably appeals to kids still (I hesitate to throw "Timeless" out there but sure) but I wouldn't mind a bit of a deviation for something stylized, like someone said earlier, maybe for the Play pavillion.

MotherOfBirds

I'm not sure why it's like pulling teeth to get a restored/retooled JIA. They want more rides for Epcot, it's a major fan-pleaser, and they've promoted Figment to park mascot, so this should be a no-brainer.

Or maybe this is Disney's Half Life 3. Too many years of hype and pressure from fans making it impossible to win if/when they finally bite the bullet.

UNCgolf

Just update the current version with dreamfinder as the host and the fans would be super happy.

Pull out 1 dreamfinder AA from storage and the fans would be singing praise songs by the jumping fountains.

I would hope not, but you're probably not wrong. I don't think that would be the case here but there would be blogs/vlogs going wild about Dreamfinder and praising Disney like crazy.

Mac Tonight

Disney would be smart to re-introduce and reunite Dreamfinder with Figment, but sadly, these characters only exist (or existed) within the theme parks (and one comic book series) which goes against everything that management stands for.

What they ought to be doing, is supplementing a new attraction with a Dreamfinder and Figment series on D+. Something in the vein of Doctor Who... but, you know, that actually makes sense ;)

Homemade Imagineering

What they ought to be doing, is supplementing a new attraction with a Dreamfinder and Figment series on D+.
I agree 100%. The fact that anyone currently active within the company, at least as far as I know, hasn’t considered this yet, just shows how blind they are. Maybe there are other factors I’m missing that are playing into the reason as to why they haven’t considered this yet.

Mac Tonight

I agree 100%. The fact that anyone currently active within the company, at least as far as I know, hasn’t considered this yet, just shows how blind they are. Maybe there are other factors I’m missing that are playing into the reason as to why they haven’t considered this yet.
I can't honestly say no one hasn't technically "considered" it yet... but of course I'm going off a 2017 conversation...

At any rate... it is a shame we're still at this point without anything to show for it.

Homemade Imagineering

At any rate... it is a shame we're still at this point without anything to show for it
Certainly. It definitely seems as if they haven't touched Imagination for a reason. Something is going on, whether that's for the better or for worse. I'm sure things will become even more obvious over the next 5 years, and quite honestly I haven't prepared myself for the possibility that Imagination could very well become another generic IP based trackless dark ride sans Figment, sans Dreamfinder, ultimately killing any hope for Figment/Dreamfinder's future within the company. It's an annoying uncertainty we fans have to deal with, especially with COVID delaying everything. I'd hate for all the hype to die in one announcement five years down the line. That'd be the final nail in the coffin for Epcot.

Brer Oswald

I'm not sure why it's like pulling teeth to get a restored/retooled JIA. They want more rides for Epcot, it's a major fan-pleaser, and they've promoted Figment to park mascot, so this should be a no-brainer.

Or maybe this is Disney's Half Life 3. Too many years of hype and pressure from fans making it impossible to win if/when they finally bite the bullet.
Half Life 3. Sonic Adventure 3. Super Mario Galaxy 3. Wow, that’s a lot of 3s.

If they don’t live up to creating an experience that not only lives up to but tops that of the original attraction, the money spent will be in vain. I think the effort would be well worth it, but I’m not sure they have the right amount of creative energy.

Fable McCloud

Disney would be smart to re-introduce and reunite Dreamfinder with Figment, but sadly, these characters only exist (or existed) within the theme parks (and one comic book series) which goes against everything that management stands for.

What they ought to be doing, is supplementing a new attraction with a Dreamfinder and Figment series on D+. Something in the vein of Doctor Who... but, you know, that actually makes sense ;)

The Figment comic series was short but fantastic! It was an origin story for Dream Finder and his adventures with Figment. It would be such a great series/movie. My only sadness is that both Chuck McCann (Dream Finder) and Billy Barty (Figment) are no longer with us.

Cmdr_Crimson

My only sadness is that both Chuck McCann (Dream Finder) and Billy Barty (Figment) are no longer with us.
Boy, people think that Dave Goelz version is bad..It's not his fault honestly..It's what they gave him to read to make him act like this..Doesn't anybody recall how annoying Gwildor was from the Masters of the Universe film? And who played him.....Billy Barty...Just think of an elderly version of Figment..

Figment2.0

It’s timeless only Imagination Inside there

1984 baby here. Figment is EPCOT. I cannot see light hues of purple without thinking of EPCOT because of Figment.
Certainly. It definitely seems as if they haven't touched Imagination for a reason. Something is going on, whether that's for the better or for worse. I'm sure things will become even more obvious over the next 5 years, and quite honestly I haven't prepared myself for the possibility that Imagination could very well become another generic IP based trackless dark ride sans Figment, sans Dreamfinder, ultimately killing any hope for Figment/Dreamfinder's future within the company. It's an annoying uncertainty we fans have to deal with, especially with COVID delaying everything. I'd hate for all the hype to die in one announcement five years down the line. That'd be the final nail in the coffin for Epcot.
I’m 90% sure something big is going on things will be fixed with the quietness.
he probably won’t Be Egyptian this time

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom