Do you think that Disney world will reclose its gates due to the rising number of COVID cases in Florida and around the country?

Minthorne

I never said don't wear a mask but with the over 98% survival rate with covid I don't think catching it is a death sentence. You can wear a mask and not be part of the covid is the black plaque of 1300 mentality . I would honestly rather contract coivd than a variety of other viruses/diseases.

Your concern should be showing up at the hospital needing help only to find all the beds full with people who share your ethics.

Last edited:

lilypgirl

Your concern should be showing up at the hospital needing help only to find all the beds full people who share your ethics.
Well since most of the people who contract it never get to that point or even show symptoms of even having it I don’t think it will be an issue! If I recall at the beginning of this when it was at it's worst not one person was denied a vent who needed one. You can save your doom and gloom covid is going to wipe out the worlds population for someone else.

Last edited:

Lilofan

The amount of things being considered is phenomenal. Everything controllable is almost being micro managed. Of course, some things are out of their hands.
Good points. The writing was on the wall current covid when Disney execs were forced to take salary cuts and company programs were being cut or streamlined. That may just be only the beginning.

Minthorne

Well since most of the people who contract it never get to that point or even show symptoms of even having it I don’t think it will be an issue! If I recall at the beginning of this when it was at its worst not one person was denied a vent who needed one. You can save your doom and gloom covid is going to wipe out the worlds population for someone else.

In FL it is at its worst now. Sounds like you are already in Fantasyland. Good luck with any medical emergency when all the beds are full.

lilypgirl

In FL it is at its worst now. Sounds like you are already in Fantasyland. Good luck with any medical emergency when all the beds are full.

“Less than 50% of the patients in the ICU are COVID-19 positive, and patients will be transferred to lower acuity beds in different units of the hospital as their condition improves,"

“THREE of Southwest Florida's NINE acute-care hospitals had no available intensive-care unit beds for adults on Wednesday,”

Minthorne

“Less than 50% of the patients in the ICU are COVID-19 positive, and patients will be transferred to lower acuity beds in different units of the hospital as their condition improves,"

“THREE of Southwest Florida's NINE acute-care hospitals had no available intensive-care unit beds for adults on Wednesday,”

And cases are increasing. Of course other medical events lead people to the ICU so as more cases come in there will be more hospitals with no beds. Imagine showing up at one of the 3 full ones today.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
And cases are increasing. Of course other medical events lead people to the ICU so as more cases come in there will be more hospitals with no beds. Imagine showing up at one of the 3 full ones today.

Your concern should be showing up at the hospital needing help only to find all the beds full with people who share your ethics.
"Right now, we are heading a million miles an hour in the wrong direction," Dr. Aileen Marty told "CBS This Morning" lead national correspondent David Begnaud. Marty is an infectious disease expert who helped Miami-Dade write its reopening rules but she says not enough people are following them

"it's absolutely the saddest thing, the most unnecessary situation that we're finding ourselves in," Dr. Marty said. "And it's behaviorally driven."

lilypgirl

Well the positive news is that the odds are over 98% in my favor so I am not going to panic. I will wear my mask and keep on keeping on in my daily life. To include my 2 week FL vacation.

Two counties in Texas issued a shelter in place advisory due to hospitals reaching capacity. I really don’t understand why people would want to play with fire like this. My sister is due to give birth within the next week or two, and our local hospitals are starting to feel the pinch as well. I’m quite worried about how things will go for her due to the large amount of selfish people running around saying it’s nothing to worry about or not wearing a mask. The current U.S. death rate is at 4.6%, and if that seemingly small number remains steady and infections continue to increase exponentially, say to 100,000,000 total, at that death rate there would be close to 5 million people dead.

Mark52479

Two counties in Texas issued a shelter in place advisory due to hospitals reaching capacity. I really don’t understand why people would want to play with fire like this. My sister is due to give birth within the next week or two, and our local hospitals are starting to feel the pinch as well. I’m quite worried about how things will go for her due to the large amount of selfish people running around saying it’s nothing to worry about or not wearing a mask. The current U.S. death rate is at 4.6%, and if that seemingly small number remains steady and infections continue to increase exponentially, say to 100,000,000 total, at that death rate there would be close to 5 million people dead.

There was NO order to shelter in place.

A judge "urged" people to shelter in place. Not mandatory

Texas and places like FLorida just will not issue any mandatory Stay at Home orders. That is just the politics of this entire thing.

lilypgirl

There was NO order to shelter in place.

A judge "urged" people to shelter in place. Not mandatory

Texas and places like FLorida just will not issue any mandatory Stay at Home orders. That is just the politics of this entire thing.
Didn't the head one of the biggest hospital systems in Texas debunk "the we are almost at capacity theory"?

Didn't the head one of the biggest hospital systems in Texas debunk "the we are almost at capacity theory"?
This has been within the last 24 hours. Per the Facebook page of Starr County judge Eloy Vera:
“EMERGENCY ALERT: STARR COUNTY RESIDENTS:Today it is with a heavy heart that we announce that we have had 18 deaths in Starr County due to COVID-19, and we had two (2) severely ill patients flown out of the valley for medical assistance, one was flown to San Antonio and one to Dallas. The local and valley hospitals are at full capacity and have no more beds available.
I urge all of our residents to please shelter-in-place, wear face coverings, practice social distancing and AVOID GATHERINGS.
– Your Judge Eloy Vera”
Starr County TX has a comparatively small population of ~60,000; Hidalgo County relayed a similar message, and they have ~868,000 residents.

Tjaden

We are a large state and those counties are in the Rio Grande Valley and are a fairly good distance from the giant hospitals of the Houston Medical Center.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
They’ll delay with less than a day to go if they really have to. Of course everyone involved hopes they don’t have to.
Sure, they could if they had to, but at this point what could possibly change that would cause that? If 10K+ new cases a day didn’t do it I can’t see any new increase in cases resulting in Disney deciding on a delay this close to opening. Something like Universal closing their parks or Orange County putting a restriction on theme parks would obviously result in a delay. The state of FL will not stop the opening. It would have to come from a local government or TWDC itself.

Jrb1979

Sure, they could if they had to, but at this point what could possibly change that would cause that? If 10K+ new cases a day didn’t do it I can’t see any new increase in cases resulting in Disney deciding on a delay this close to opening. Something like Universal closing their parks or Orange County putting a restriction on theme parks would obviously result in a delay. The state of FL will not stop the opening. It would have to come from a local government or TWDC itself.
The only I see it changing now is if a bunch of CM's get sick.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
At this point I would assume a bunch of CMs already tested positive. A large number of CMs are in the age demographic that is seeing the large spike in cases and they aren’t excused from infection. Anyone who thinks they are going to go to WDW and there won’t be sick CMs working at the parks or resorts while they are there are kidding themselves. They aren’t doing daily testing of CMs and from some reports I’ve heard the temp checks aren’t even always happening for all CMs.

Mark52479

Or if Florida or Orange County put in some kind of order which I doubt they would.

Dr. Pino the health Director of Orange County came straight out the other day and said "shutting down Orange county again would no good at this point"

I am sure OC and Disney are listening to his advice.

oceanbreeze77

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom