Do you think that Disney world will reclose its gates due to the rising number of COVID cases in Florida and around the country?

Miss Bella

You know what’s dumb....that attitude. People who think that way need to strap on some big boy pants and grow up. How childish and self indulgent. I don’t agree with some rules so now I’m entitled to just not follow any. I’m butt hurt over Walmart being allowed to sell non-essential items so now I’m going to refuse to wear a mask or follow any rules. That makes a ton of sense. Come on, we can all do better.
I think you missed the point entirely.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
You know what’s dumb....that attitude. People who think that way need to strap on some big boy pants and grow up. How childish and self indulgent. I don’t agree with some rules so now I’m entitled to just not follow any. I’m butt hurt over Walmart being allowed to sell non-essential items so now I’m going to refuse to wear a mask or follow any rules. That makes a ton of sense. Come on, we can all do better.
Not the point of my post and you know it. I am pointing out the realities of human psychology. These types of posts do no good whatsoever, you are angrily yelling at someone who follows the rules. Who's employees follow the rules. The reality is though, if you make enough dumb, contradictory rules, the good rules will be unintended casualties.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
I don't agree with your logic but if it you don't wear a mask can you leave me in your will?
The mask doesn't protect me. It protects you. Remember?

FWIW, since I think I am being miscast here....

I own an essential business, we have been open, I have been working. I am face to face with customers all day. I wear a mask, my employees wear masks, we have shields and dividers, and capacity rules. We follow everything to the letter.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Word I am getting is that Disney still remains on track to reopen next week - the leaders there have high confidence in their safety protocols.
This news is sure to upset many but I am glad. I also have a confidence in their safety protocols.
Some of the protocols are amazingly detailed as is the planning that’s gone into them. Be prepared for a few changes too that will probably stay long after this is over. The amount of new signs for one thing alone is huge.

And you’ll have never heard the all park PA used so much.

lilypgirl

I own an essential business, we have been open, I have been working. I am face to face with customers all day. I wear a mask, my employees wear masks, we have shields and dividers, and capacity rules. We follow everything to the letter.
I think it is funny that so many think not wearing a mask is death a sentence.

Lilofan

Some of the protocols are amazingly detailed as is the planning that’s gone into them. Be prepared for a few changes too that will probably stay long after this is over. The amount of new signs for one thing alone is huge.

And you’ll have never heard the all park PA used so much.
Everything can look good on paper and good PR. I hope WDW enforces policy consistently.

Lilofan

Masks are essential. It's truly sad some don't feel that way. Hopefully they have their finances and wills in order in case of something happening.

Miss Bella

Not the point of my post and you know it. I am pointing out the realities of human psychology. These types of posts do no good whatsoever, you are angrily yelling at someone who follows the rules. Who's employees follow the rules. The reality is though, if you make enough dumb, contradictory rules, the good rules will be unintended casualties.
I compare it to raising children. The rules need to be clear, on point, and enforced. You make a bunch of stupid rules that contradict each other they are going to rebel.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
You are missing my point. I wasn’t saying you were doing that I was saying you were making an excuse for others who do it. All of us who are following the rules need to have a stronger, no exceptions stance. You are still part of the problem if you follow the rules but then excuse other people who don’t. There’s no excuse for acting like a baby. If people don’t want to follow the rules just stay home.

Polkadotdress

This is an excellent description of what you do at work. But, what about when you are “Joe Publix Citizen” out and about on your own?

lilypgirl

I'm not sure how its not understood by now. Its not about you, its about others. Nobody claimed masks will 100% stop the virus from spreading, but it slows it down. That much is scientifically proven.
I never said don't wear a mask but with the over 98% survival rate with covid I don't think catching it is a death sentence. You can wear a mask and not be part of the covid is the black plaque of 1300 mentality . I would honestly rather contract coivd than a variety of other viruses/diseases.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
This is an excellent description of what you do at work. But, what about when you are “Joe Publix Citizen” out and about on your own?
Masks everywhere. Like I said, I don’t really know the efficacy of these paper masks that people take on and off 100x, but I do wear it. I’m also in NJ, and until the last 10 days we were almost completely locked down. So I wasn’t out with Joe Public at all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom