The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Songbird76

E.coli is definitely transmittable by touching objects others have touched. Talk about beyond gross!
I know! I was so grossed out! I mean, right now, they shouldn't even be bringing young kids to the store if they can help it, and if they have to, they need to keep their kids next to them, not let them run around the store. That was bad enough, but seeing that.... It was just disgusting. I came home and washed my hands. I hope I didn't touch anything he touched!

Songbird76

Wow! E is amazing! The cake and panna cotta look delectable and gorgeous. Talented, smart, and pretty. You will need a baseball bat you know. ;)
Happy Belated Birthday E!
View attachment 471863
Aw, what a cute cake!

So far *knock on wood* she has not been interested in dating. She has some male friends who I think might be interested, but she doesn't seem to notice. She was talking to a friend of hers at another school who said everyone in their class is going out with someone, and she was so surprised because she said there's no one in her class who is dating. It's just not on their minds right now. I don't know if it's just because they are so busy with schoolwork and such or what, but so far it's not on her radar. And she's got a good head on her shoulders, so I don't think a baseball bat will be required. *again, knock on wood*

Rista1313

I took the day off so I could have a 4 day weekend.... it was a productive day, I mowed the lawn, met the new neighbors... they seem nice.. they are young and I'm guess this could be their first house... and they have an adorable Shelte named Finn. He has the body of a shelte, but the coloring of a austrailian cattle dog. I made chocolate chunk cookies and a loaf of bread. The rest of the day was walks, and watching TV.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Im not a great Catholic and I have a low tolerance for the Cardinal here
but I’m admiring his moxie.

“Surely, there have been moments in history when governments and rulers have persecuted Christians and banned their public worship. This is not one of them. Rather, the present restrictions come in response to an extreme medical emergency as local, state and federal authorities — specifically public health officials — legitimately fulfill their responsibilities to safeguard human life and the common good.”

He called on all the faithful to comply with the plan and “observe good citizenship.”

Edit: The Cardinal went further today to respond to the Press conference. He further stated all of the Illinois Catholic Dioceses are on the same page. Human life matters. He stressed discipline. Stay safe. Services online for Gods Children and Catholic membership.

I really dislike this Cardinal for so many reasons. Now I am wrestling with his crazy things to what matters. The safety of the flock that he is unwilling to jeopardize their life’s. Dang I hate when I have to second guess my judgements.

Songbird76

I took the day off so I could have a 4 day weekend.... it was a productive day, I mowed the lawn, met the new neighbors... they seem nice.. they are young and I'm guess this could be their first house... and they have an adorable Shelte named Finn. He has the body of a shelte, but the coloring of a austrailian cattle dog. I made chocolate chunk cookies and a loaf of bread. The rest of the day was walks, and watching TV.
Wow, it must be kind of weird moving into a new home right now. Nice that you went to meet them, though...I bet that makes it a bit easier. Shelties are so pretty!!

Songbird76

Im not a great Catholic and I have a low tolerance for the Cardinal here
but I’m admiring his moxie.

“Surely, there have been moments in history when governments and rulers have persecuted Christians and banned their public worship. This is not one of them. Rather, the present restrictions come in response to an extreme medical emergency as local, state and federal authorities — specifically public health officials — legitimately fulfill their responsibilities to safeguard human life and the common good.”

He called on all the faithful to comply with the plan and “observe good citizenship.”

Edit: The Cardinal went further today to respond to the Press conference. He further stated all of the Illinois Catholic Dioceses are on the same page. Human life matters. He stressed discipline. Stay safe. Services online for Gods Children and Catholic membership.

I really dislike this Cardinal for so many reasons. Now I am wrestling with his crazy things to what matters. The safety of the flock that he is unwilling to jeopardize their life’s. Dang I hate when I have to second guess my judgements.
Well, the good news is that you don't have to like someone to appreciate the good they do. And you can respect skill, or philanthropy, or whatever, without approving of the overal belief system. People all have both good and bad, strengths and weaknesses. You won't like every person all of the time. I'm not Catholic, but I really respect Pope Francis and the fact that he eschewed all the creature comforts the Pope usually enjoys.
I'd say just enjoy finding something you can be happy about with respect to someone with whom you normally wouldn't see eye to eye. It doesn't mean you have to change the way you feel about them overall. A person can be a complete jerk and have an altruistic moment, just as easily as you can meet a really kind person on a bad day and think they are a horrible excuse for a human being. You base your judgment on your own experiences with the person....this is only one out of many. There are many public figures who I cringe almost every time they open their mouths. But that just makes me happier when they finally do something I can get on board with and respect. It doesn't change my feelings about them, but it makes a nice change.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom