The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Goofyernmost

I've always considered it an age thing, I think because after my grandparents got a certain age, they started wearing pants with elastic waistbands. My grandmas slacks always had elastic in them. It's definitely easier for older people to dress themselves when they lose their dexterity for buttons and zippers. At least I always assumed that was why.... or maybe as you get older, comfort is more important? I must be at that age because I do find that even my jeans that button and zip have little elastic side panels.

I'm with you though @ajrwdwgirl I've only wore my jeans once a week since March...and that's only to keep my weight in check!

I just did some googling to see if I could find any specifics... the one thing I could find said for comfort.
I'd go with the comfort angle, but I strove for that even in my youth. That is why a purposely only took jobs that didn't require a tie. Probably prevented me from being a multi-millionaire by now, but at least the blood was flowing to my brain. (I hope)

Last edited:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I've always considered it an age thing, I think because after my grandparents got a certain age, they started wearing pants with elastic waistbands. My grandmas slacks always had elastic in them. It's definitely easier for older people to dress themselves when they lose their dexterity for buttons and zippers. At least I always assumed that was why.... or maybe as you get older, comfort is more important? I must be at that age because I do find that even my jeans that button and zip have little elastic side panels.

I'm with you though @ajrwdwgirl I've only wore my jeans once a week since March...and that's only to keep my weight in check!

I just did some googling to see if I could find any specifics... the one thing I could find said for comfort.

I agree with the comfort. I keep stepping on the scale weekly to keep my weight in check.

Songbird76

I got so grossed out today. I took E to this discount store because she wanted some canvases for painting. We got into the checkout line, and there was a kid a ways away without a parent with him. He looked around 6 or 7. Anyway, I saw him out of the corner of my eye and it looked like he was pulling his pants down, and I initially looked over to see if there was a parent or someone to tell him not to pull his pants down, but that's not what he was doing. He had his hand down his pants and was picking his butt for at least 30 seconds. I turned away, but 30 seconds later, he was still at it. Then he finally pulled his hand out and immediately started grabbing things off an end cap to look at and putting them back. Disgusting! And what was he doing running around the store alone anyway? While everyone is using hand sanitizer and keeping distance, he's handling all the merchandise with hands that were just shoved down his pants!

And one of my friends in the US wrote that she and her daughter were choosing to isolate themselves because they went to get new shoes because hers were literally falling apart and she desperately needed new ones. So they braved going out for the first time, other than grocery shopping, only 2 encounter a couple of guys who were not adhering to the distancing regulations and one was bragging to the other about how his wife was really sick and the doctors were pretty sure it's Covid-19.

What is WITH people???

Figgy1

Premium Member
Coffee break time:joyfull: Tomorrow is BBQ day so I've already gotten the potato salad, pasta with evoo, garlic, mushrooms, onions, sundried tomatoes, diced tomatoes and peppers, cornbread, baked beans, mac and cheese and the chicken is rubbed. I still have to make the pasta salad. Gee can you tell where I'm from making 3 pasta dishes on with evoo, garlic and onions? The tomatoes, peppers, herbs and flowers are all planted tomorrow will be seed planting day:joyfull: The guys have a 3 day weekend so they helped with the earth boxes and getting the yard in order:joyfull:

StarWarsGirl

My boss: "When you make handouts make sure you put in fake customer info."

Handout #1: Sales contact is B Lighyear of Space Ranger Industries. End user is Star Command.
Handout#2: Customer is Death Star Industries. Contact is Moff Tarkin. Partner number TK421.

Yeah, I really shouldn't be allowed to make these. 😂

MySmallWorldof4

I got so grossed out today. I took E to this discount store because she wanted some canvases for painting. We got into the checkout line, and there was a kid a ways away without a parent with him. He looked around 6 or 7. Anyway, I saw him out of the corner of my eye and it looked like he was pulling his pants down, and I initially looked over to see if there was a parent or someone to tell him not to pull his pants down, but that's not what he was doing. He had his hand down his pants and was picking his butt for at least 30 seconds. I turned away, but 30 seconds later, he was still at it. Then he finally pulled his hand out and immediately started grabbing things off an end cap to look at and putting them back. Disgusting! And what was he doing running around the store alone anyway? While everyone is using hand sanitizer and keeping distance, he's handling all the merchandise with hands that were just shoved down his pants!

And one of my friends in the US wrote that she and her daughter were choosing to isolate themselves because they went to get new shoes because hers were literally falling apart and she desperately needed new ones. So they braved going out for the first time, other than grocery shopping, only 2 encounter a couple of guys who were not adhering to the distancing regulations and one was bragging to the other about how his wife was really sick and the doctors were pretty sure it's Covid-19.

What is WITH people???
E.coli is definitely transmittable by touching objects others have touched. Talk about beyond gross!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Coffee break time:joyfull: Tomorrow is BBQ day so I've already gotten the potato salad, pasta with evoo, garlic, mushrooms, onions, sundried tomatoes, diced tomatoes and peppers, cornbread, baked beans, mac and cheese and the chicken is rubbed. I still have to make the pasta salad. Gee can you tell where I'm from making 3 pasta dishes on with evoo, garlic and onions? The tomatoes, peppers, herbs and flowers are all planted tomorrow will be seed planting day:joyfull: The guys have a 3 day weekend so they helped with the earth boxes and getting the yard in order:joyfull:

I was cooking this morning too. I couldn't decide if we should have potato salad or mac & cheese with Brad's smoked brisket tomorrow so I made both. I'm also making Disney's recipe for Brazilian cheese bread tonight for dinner so I made a creamy chimichurri dip to go with it.

MySmallWorldof4

I might have to check our their site!! I feel like the J. Crew Factory store has changed their fabrics. I bought a few cardigans last year, the material was horrible.. nothing like my regular J. Crew sweaters.
I used to buy a lot of T’s toddler and pre school clothes at the factory store, never had a problem with them, material was nice and soft.
Linen would probably be fine though., and that sounds like a great deal.
I got my oldest linen shorts from them. They are really nice. Cheap too. The Crew Cuts has a small selection, but what they have is nice.

MySmallWorldof4

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom