The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Rista1313

I took the day off so I could have a 4 day weekend.... it was a productive day, I mowed the lawn, met the new neighbors... they seem nice.. they are young and I'm guess this could be their first house... and they have an adorable Shelte named Finn. He has the body of a shelte, but the coloring of a austrailian cattle dog. I made chocolate chunk cookies and a loaf of bread. The rest of the day was walks, and watching TV.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Premium Member
Im not a great Catholic and I have a low tolerance for the Cardinal here
but I’m admiring his moxie.

“Surely, there have been moments in history when governments and rulers have persecuted Christians and banned their public worship. This is not one of them. Rather, the present restrictions come in response to an extreme medical emergency as local, state and federal authorities — specifically public health officials — legitimately fulfill their responsibilities to safeguard human life and the common good.”

He called on all the faithful to comply with the plan and “observe good citizenship.”

Edit: The Cardinal went further today to respond to the Press conference. He further stated all of the Illinois Catholic Dioceses are on the same page. Human life matters. He stressed discipline. Stay safe. Services online for Gods Children and Catholic membership.

I really dislike this Cardinal for so many reasons. Now I am wrestling with his crazy things to what matters. The safety of the flock that he is unwilling to jeopardize their life’s. Dang I hate when I have to second guess my judgements.

Songbird76

I took the day off so I could have a 4 day weekend.... it was a productive day, I mowed the lawn, met the new neighbors... they seem nice.. they are young and I'm guess this could be their first house... and they have an adorable Shelte named Finn. He has the body of a shelte, but the coloring of a austrailian cattle dog. I made chocolate chunk cookies and a loaf of bread. The rest of the day was walks, and watching TV.
Wow, it must be kind of weird moving into a new home right now. Nice that you went to meet them, though...I bet that makes it a bit easier. Shelties are so pretty!!

Songbird76

Im not a great Catholic and I have a low tolerance for the Cardinal here
but I’m admiring his moxie.

“Surely, there have been moments in history when governments and rulers have persecuted Christians and banned their public worship. This is not one of them. Rather, the present restrictions come in response to an extreme medical emergency as local, state and federal authorities — specifically public health officials — legitimately fulfill their responsibilities to safeguard human life and the common good.”

He called on all the faithful to comply with the plan and “observe good citizenship.”

Edit: The Cardinal went further today to respond to the Press conference. He further stated all of the Illinois Catholic Dioceses are on the same page. Human life matters. He stressed discipline. Stay safe. Services online for Gods Children and Catholic membership.

I really dislike this Cardinal for so many reasons. Now I am wrestling with his crazy things to what matters. The safety of the flock that he is unwilling to jeopardize their life’s. Dang I hate when I have to second guess my judgements.
Well, the good news is that you don't have to like someone to appreciate the good they do. And you can respect skill, or philanthropy, or whatever, without approving of the overal belief system. People all have both good and bad, strengths and weaknesses. You won't like every person all of the time. I'm not Catholic, but I really respect Pope Francis and the fact that he eschewed all the creature comforts the Pope usually enjoys.
I'd say just enjoy finding something you can be happy about with respect to someone with whom you normally wouldn't see eye to eye. It doesn't mean you have to change the way you feel about them overall. A person can be a complete jerk and have an altruistic moment, just as easily as you can meet a really kind person on a bad day and think they are a horrible excuse for a human being. You base your judgment on your own experiences with the person....this is only one out of many. There are many public figures who I cringe almost every time they open their mouths. But that just makes me happier when they finally do something I can get on board with and respect. It doesn't change my feelings about them, but it makes a nice change.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
It's been reported on the news here(SC) over 40,000 kids have not turned in one assignment since the schools closed-- sad parenting
I have 4 middle school students who have not done any of their classwork for any class. One of those students hasn't even joined Google Classroom, I even sent home a paper packet of the work but still nothing. We have all called and emailed these students, our guidance counselor and principal have called too. Many other students have been doing lackluster and only doing a few things. It is really frustrating. I know that a few of our kids have had enormous responsibilities put on them at home and have terrible home lives in the best of times (sometimes school is their escape). I am willing to give those students a break but I've also had a few students that after one week said they were too overwhelmed. Maybe they were and maybe they are just using it as an excuse to be lazy. If it is laziness on the students part or even the parents end then that is really disappointing. I would think now would be a time to step it up and show responsibility. I'm not a parent but with our students and it looks like yours there might be some parenting issues.

On the flip side I have been really impressed with some of my students. I have two kids in particular that haven't been the best students but have been really rockin' this virtual learning. They have been turning in stuff way before the due date, making corrections on work (without me asking them to), and asking questions (they never do that in class). They do have parents that are supportive but they are essential workers so they haven't been with their kids 24-7. So it is nice to see these kids stepping up and being responsible for their education. There are other students who have been doing a fantastic job too, but these two really stand out.

John park hopper

On the flip side I have been really impressed with some of my students. I have two kids in particular that haven't been the best students but have been really rockin' this virtual learning. They have been turning in stuff way before the due date, making corrections on work (without me asking them to), and asking questions (they never do that in class). They do have parents that are supportive but they are essential workers so they haven't been with their kids 24-7. So it is nice to see these kids stepping up and being responsible for their education. There are other students who have been doing a fantastic job too, but these two really stand out.
Hate to say this but these will be the ones who succeed in life

Top Bottom