The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Goofyernmost

I bought elastic waisted linen pants from J. Crew factory this morning. I generally never buy elastic waist pants for myself. I did worry for a minute that maybe only much older people wore them, but for $12.95 I bought them. Needed some lighter pants and didn't want to spend a lot. Worth the risk of being thought of as old. :hilarious:
I'm curious because in spite of my age, I never heard that elastic waist pants were considered old person clothing. In my mind it is just the opposite. Is it perhaps just a female thing or it universally both genders? Kind of makes me glad that in all these years I never considered clothing based on age, just what I liked. Now that I think about it that is probably why I am never invited to parties! :confused: 🤔

Lilofan

I'm curious because in spite of my age, I never heard that elastic waist pants were considered old person clothing. In my mind it is just the opposite. Is it perhaps just a female thing or it universally both genders? Kind of makes me glad that in all these years I never considered clothing based on age, just what I liked. Now that I think about it that is probably why I am never invited to parties! :confused: 🤔
Elastic pants help if one eats too much at the buffett. If I didn't wear one I would unbutton the top button of my pants so my stomach could breathe.

Rista1313

I've always considered it an age thing, I think because after my grandparents got a certain age, they started wearing pants with elastic waistbands. My grandmas slacks always had elastic in them. It's definitely easier for older people to dress themselves when they lose their dexterity for buttons and zippers. At least I always assumed that was why.... or maybe as you get older, comfort is more important? I must be at that age because I do find that even my jeans that button and zip have little elastic side panels.

I'm with you though @ajrwdwgirl I've only wore my jeans once a week since March...and that's only to keep my weight in check!

I just did some googling to see if I could find any specifics... the one thing I could find said for comfort.

StarWarsGirl

Good sir, that was not my last chance. I had to click several more times to see what horrifying terror awaited me...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom