Voyage of the Little Mermaid is done, won't reopen with the parks.

The Grand Inquisitor

I'd prefer something similar to Mickey and The Magician from Paris. But Magical Map is cute and fun. I'd take something similar to either. You could 'nod' the past shows from the park with popular songs in a new show. Seems like a no brainer.
I agree either one would be a great replacement for Beauty and the Beast live. I'd prefer Mickey and the Magical Map, that show is fantastic.

brb1006

I'd prefer something similar to Mickey and The Magician from Paris. But Magical Map is cute and fun. I'd take something similar to either. You could 'nod' the past shows from the park with popular songs in a new show. Seems like a no brainer.
While people are bringing up Mickey and the Magician, I'm surprised nobody brought up Mickey and The Wondrous Book at Hong Kong Disneyland. It's a very overlooked and underappreciated stage show (helps that it's indoor) and the second non-US Disney Park to use articulated heads (since Tokyo never got them). I even found this video with English subtitles. That show even uses puppetry for Olaf and has great visuals.

Last edited:

bryanfze55

While peoples are bringing up Mickey and the Magician, I'm surprised nobody brought up Mickey and The Wondrous Book at Hong Kong Disneyland. It's a very overlooked show and the second non-US Disney Park to use articulated heads (since Tokyo never got them). I even found this video with English subtitles. That show even uses puppetry for Olaf and has great visuals.

I would venture to guess it’s only because most of us haven’t been to Hong Kong Disneyland.

999th Happy Haunt

If this gets replaced with another show, I'm actually hoping it's not a Mickey based show. We already have Fantasmic, Runaway Railway, and the shorts theater just in this park.

Touchdown

I would rather one focus on a single movie, I think any of these would be good choices:

Coco
Tangled
Aladdin

If they wanted to get really creative, try doing an Into the Woods like story but with the Disney versions of those characters (and subbing out characters like Red Ridding Hood for others when there isn’t a Disney analog.)

The Grand Inquisitor

Don’t you mean the coaster courtyard ?
1588009713501.png

rowrbazzle

I found it odd - live actors and puppets and then...it was kind of like they ran out of money so they decided to just play the movie to wrap it all up. The quality of the film was awful the last time I was there too. The Ursula puppet was still sweet, though.

I'm probably not the person for these shows, though. Nemo, Mermaid, and Frozen are just too much recreation of (or clips from) the movie for my taste. I think The Lion King is really the only one I like.

gerarar

Premium Member
While people are bringing up Mickey and the Magician, I'm surprised nobody brought up Mickey and The Wondrous Book at Hong Kong Disneyland. It's a very overlooked and underappreciated stage show (helps that it's indoor) and the second non-US Disney Park to use articulated heads (since Tokyo never got them). I even found this video with English subtitles. That show even uses puppetry for Olaf and has great visuals.

Now hey there! I mentioned Mickey and the Wondrous Book in my earlier reply a couple pages back. ;)

But I totally agree, it’s a nice show that flows pretty much well. Would be nice of Disney to “clone” it over here stateside!! I’ve watched a ton of videos of it the past couple days hehe..
There definitely is a place for productions and shows like these to exist in DHS (and WDW in general), they just need to be updated (properly) and kept fresh in a way.

A show that I wished would be brought over would be Mickey and the Wondrous Book from HKDL, as since its theme song became the inspiration to HEA in the Magic Kingdom.

Surferboy567

Just saw this (I guess) for the last time in January. I liked the show but I’m not that upset to see it go. I can’t deny some effects I liked (the lasers are cool) the puppets were also super cool. The show like many have said though is very dated. I’m hoping for a new show or attraction to be put in it’s place.

I’d be happy with one of the Mickey based shows if they decided to use it.

Has any insiders actually heard about proposals (if any) to go in this buliding? I imagine not much will happen for a while given the time we are in right now but it’s only a matter of time.

That “black box” ride still on?

Kman101

I found it odd - live actors and puppets and then...it was kind of like they ran out of money so they decided to just play the movie to wrap it all up. The quality of the film was awful the last time I was there too. The Ursula puppet was still sweet, though.

I'm probably not the person for these shows, though. Nemo, Mermaid, and Frozen are just too much recreation of (or clips from) the movie for my taste. I think The Lion King is really the only one I like.

That's how I feel about it (but if you look at it from a new at the time show, it WAS impressive at the time, now, not so much). Nemo isn't bad though. It's a lot better than Mermaid and even Frozen (the historians save the Frozen sing-along, without them it would 100% suck) but even Nemo feels tired at this point. It's just fatigue. I get guests who visit every year or every few years or once in a lifetime don't feel that way, of course (though I'd argue many do feel this way,).

Lion King is 100% repeatable and I see it every time I'm in Animal Kingdom. I can't say that about the other shows at all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom