Voyage of the Little Mermaid is done, won't reopen with the parks.

TrainsOfDisney

The rides are the same. The only difference is MK's has an incredibly beautifully detailed queue line whereas the Disneyland one is just kinda... there?

I feel like the one at Disneyland sets you up for the attraction better. You’re not expecting an E-ticket based on the entrance so it feels a bit more natural. Same thing with Midway Mania with Mr. Potato head actually being the barker for the attraction.

disney4life2008

Wouldn't that time be the same amount of time you wasted during literally any other time of the day? Why not hit up a high demand ride during the last 30 minutes?

I'm a G. I live in Orlando, so I can go whenever I want. Needless to say, I only get on mermaid if I feel like walking to the attraction which again is after I have rode splash mountain or other better rides multiple time.

Cmdr_Crimson

I feel like the one at Disneyland sets you up for the attraction better. You’re not expecting an E-ticket based on the entrance so it feels a bit more natural. Same thing with Midway Mania with Mr. Potato head actually being the barker for the attraction.
It's due to the pier theme..I think they were inspired to the Ballroom Piers that would be on the edge of the parks of the 20's & 30's..Similar to this one..

e0459d7820c0b6b47df5c47058b460bf.jpg

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Side note, I personally think that the show should be replaced with a new black-light puppet show, keeping/updating the theatrical show elements using the water. It'd be great for Princess & the Frog, TBH. Get the exposition done in a pre-show (A pre-show for a live show! That's be new.) and then start the show right when Tiana and Naveen end up in the swamp. Also throw in Friend From the Other Side in there somehow.

Princess & the Frog DESERVES to be a live show.

There was, if memory serves, a great Disney on Ice (or something equivalent) effect where my 7 year old self witnessed an evil queen or witch cast a spell over a loud-mouthed cotton candy vendor instantly turning him into a frog. It was all a ruse and part of the show but the effect was incredible. Some kind of quick costume change. I'll always remember that as it scarred me pretty good. I believed it. Anyway, point is - I agree! A Princess and the Frog show would be very entertaining. Good music and enough magical shenanigans to entertain everyone.

Last edited:

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Sitting on the far left side of the theatre could possibly be more for the fact that the little mermaid show, unlike other shows, are COMPLETELY back to back literally all day long, and putting everyone on the left side of the theatre ensures a slightly quicker guest flow between shows.
Makes sense, but seems like there's a vast hit on show quality sitting at the far left.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Side note, I personally think that the show should be replaced with a new black-light puppet show, keeping/updating the theatrical show elements using the water. It'd be great for Princess & the Frog, TBH. Get the exposition done in a pre-show (A pre-show for a live show! That's be new.) and then start the show right when Tiana and Naveen end up in the swamp. Also throw in Friend From the Other Side in there somehow.

Princess & the Frog DESERVES to be a live show.
As long as they serve up everybody a small dish of gumbo at the end, I'm in!

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Well, you have to fit it with the aesthetics of the the area..Since it's a Pier it's going to look like a Carnival Game Pier, If your in Andy's Backyard it's a Playset.....
Whereas Little Mermaid is a Pier Ballroom Themed to Mermaids and NFL's is Prince Eric's Castle and the rock grotto...
That, I completely agree with. I was just disagreeing with the idea of stating that the queue line at WDW giving people 'false expectations' when honestly I think it's perfect.

General Mayhem

The Florida queue is much more impressive, but other than that, I think they’re pretty much the same. It was in 2011 too, so it was brand new.

I’ve yet to ride it at MK, but I doubt it’s any better.
Since it opened both versions have been updated with small adjustments based on guest feedback. The Under the Sea scene was reworked to focus more on a blacklight color scheme. All screen animations were changed from CG to hand drawn animation. All human animatronics that appear above "water" were changed to have natural looking hair. A mural of Atlantica was added to the tunnel in between Part of your World and Under the sea. Countless fish have been added to the tunnel scenes and more. And a notorious scene stealing turtle was removed from the finale scene.

mark marsh

I mentioned a few months back that super high resolution pictures of the props from Voyage of the Little Mermaid we taken for archival purposes to prepare for the eventual closure. Just found out from the same source the plan is to not open it again once Hollywood Studios re-opens. It is done.

Sad that some castmembers won't be rehired for it, but the writing has been on the wall for a bit I think.
I hope it's not being replaced with another damn Star Wars ride! To me Star Wars just isn't Disney.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom