Voyage of the Little Mermaid is done, won't reopen with the parks.

UNCgolf

Lion King is 100% repeatable and I see it every time I'm in Animal Kingdom. I can't say that about the other shows at all.

I think it's all a matter of personal taste/preference -- I saw Festival of the Lion King for the first time in January and have no interest in seeing it again. I didn't really enjoy it, but I've never cared about acrobatics. They just don't do anything for me.

Kman101

I think it's all a matter of personal taste/preference -- I saw Festival of the Lion King for the first time in January and have no interest in seeing it again. I didn't really enjoy it, but I've never cared about acrobatics. They just don't do anything for me.

That's fair. Some folks don't care for shows, parades, or even fireworks. It's definitely a matter of taste and preference.

PiratesMansion

Lion King is the only one I've found to be repeatable, but even that show could use some pruning. Would anyone really be sad if they weren't asked to make Giraffe noises anymore?

I never really liked the Finding Nemo show and honestly would have preferred a straight retelling of the movie without songs. Adding unnecessary songs that don't deepen characters, don't add anything new to the story, and are just "this was a moment in the film, but now it's a song because reasons" to pad time is a huge pet peeve of mine.

UNCgolf

That's fair. Some folks don't care for shows, parades, or even fireworks. It's definitely a matter of taste and preference.

I still haven't seen any of the other shows. I used to have no interest in them, but I've changed my outlook on that (hence why I saw FotLK last trip). I've also never cared about parades, but we sort of accidentally watched Festival of Fantasy and really liked it. With that said, now that I have seen it, I wouldn't make any special effort to see it again. I loved the original Rivers of Light (RIP) and Illuminations, but Happily Ever After didn't do that much for me.

Definitely varies wildly from person to person.

imagineer97

In the Parks
No
Are there any plans to replace Star Wars Launch Bay with anything? What is the rest of the former Animation Studio being used for now? There's a lot of real estate between that and Little Mermaid show. Could be enough room for a sizable addition.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I'm generally in favor of following CM directions, but there are times, like when the theater is only half full and you're stuck in crappy seats, that a little judicious ignoring of screaming CMs is in order.

And, generally, the CMs I've seen in the theaters have been pretty chill about people estimating crowd sizes and stopping short of the end of the row. It's not like it's a mystery as to how many people are waiting to come into the venue...
Sitting on the far left side of the theatre could possibly be more for the fact that the little mermaid show, unlike other shows, are COMPLETELY back to back literally all day long, and putting everyone on the left side of the theatre ensures a slightly quicker guest flow between shows.

WondersOfLife

Lion King is the only one I've found to be repeatable, but even that show could use some pruning. Would anyone really be sad if they weren't asked to make Giraffe noises anymore?

I never really liked the Finding Nemo show and honestly would have preferred a straight retelling of the movie without songs. Adding unnecessary songs that don't deepen characters, don't add anything new to the story, and are just "this was a moment in the film, but now it's a song because reasons" to pad time is a huge pet peeve of mine.
The giraffe noise is the only part of the "animal shouting" I find amusing about that section of the show.

My favorite thing ever happened during this one time where the cast member talked to a little girl...

CM: "Can you make a giraffe sound?"

Girl: "...GIRAFFE!"

CM: "Haha! Well, a giraffe actually sound a little bit more like a sheep... So can you do that?"

Girl: "...............GIRAFFE! :D"

CM: "Ok, everybody! Let's do it all together! One! Two! Three!"

Everyone: "GIRAFFE!!!"

WondersOfLife

Side note, I personally think that the show should be replaced with a new black-light puppet show, keeping/updating the theatrical show elements using the water. It'd be great for Princess & the Frog, TBH. Get the exposition done in a pre-show (A pre-show for a live show! That's be new.) and then start the show right when Tiana and Naveen end up in the swamp. Also throw in Friend From the Other Side in there somehow.

Princess & the Frog DESERVES to be a live show.

Touchdown

I love Nemo, I try to watch it every time I’m at AK (just like FotLK) I love the humor, love the songs, love the puppets. AK has the two best daytime live shows at the domestic parks by a mile (DCA’s Frozen is a distant 3rd.) I’m surprised Nemo isn’t getting much love here, that show is always full.

disney4life2008

Disney really should have put more thought into the name of the MK ride, I can’t blame people for getting confused.

The funny thing is that I have never seen anyone look excited getting off the ride. Almost every other ride guests have some type of reaction. People walk off looking confused.

It is an incredible waste of space.

WondersOfLife

I love Nemo, I try to watch it every time I’m at AK (just like FotLK) I love the humor, love the songs, love the puppets. AK has the two best daytime live shows at the domestic parks by a mile (DCA’s Frozen is a distant 3rd.) I’m surprised Nemo isn’t getting much love here, that show is always full.
That's what I'm saying! Every person I have ever taken loves both. Between the two, they either like Lion King more because it's... Well. The Lion King. Or they like Nemo more because the Broadway-style quality of the show is absolutely stunning.

And you're right. They're both always full. When I was doing the DCP, I spent a day off at AK and I watched literally every show for the entire day back to back. Every one of them. I got to see 3 different guys play crush, 2 different guys play Marlin, and several other actors rotating. I even got to talk to the tech manager one time, which was cool. (Side note: for most of them, Nemo is just a side gig and they do other stuff around Orlando.)

Kate F

The funny thing is that I have never seen anyone look excited getting off the ride. Almost every other ride guests have some type of reaction. People walk off looking confused.

It is an incredible waste of space.
I rode it one time and it was in California and felt embarrassed pretty much the whole ride through, especially the Under the Sea room.

Kate F

As for the show, I’ve seen it maybe once and that was over a decade ago and I hardly remember it. I think shows like this just need be replaced eventually, but if it’s not being replaced with anything substantial, then yeah, I would say this is a loss.

TrainsOfDisney

And see I would easily put Frozen at DCA as number 1, closest thing to broadway I’ve ever seen. I do like Nemo and FOTLK though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom